[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

pakos2835: To help fix this I need the following extra information:
    - Screen shots of the processes and overview tabs of the task manager while the problem is occurring.
    - The output of "/csampler memory" at the same time (it's provided by the Sampler mod downloadable from the second sticky box in the opening post).
    - A screen shot of F3 at the same time
    - Your system specifications including CPU, RAM and GPU, the exact model of your graphics card is very important.
    It's unfortunately quite tricky to solve and is highly system dependent.

smbarbour: FastCraft actually helps even the fastest machines :)

SniperHauss89: It doesn't look like any FastCraft involvement, those are just transparent detection hooks and I don't think I'm changing anything which could cause this crash.

• Thank you for the reply back and that's good it's most likely not Fastcraft :). anway maybe it's the same mod that's been making Mystcraft ages so resource intensive when loading... anyway I'll take my troubleshooting elsewhere thanks again for the input. ^^

• Hmm. It's weird, it was running fine for a month and now suddenly this. We haven't actually updated any mods in the last 2 weeks (except FastCraft) so I'm really out of ideas what to do now. The spikes are getting to a point where you can no longer play on the server. Do you have any other ideas I can try out? Else I might just switch over to our new pack prematurely.

We have the same kind of lagspikes on our server. For us, it seems that player bases are not unloaded correctly. And some of these seems to create this lagspikes. Try out OPIS and Admin Command Toolbox. These two mods offer a chunk purge an, where unneeded chunks should get unloaded. For us, even this command do not help. Chunks dont want to get unloaded. http://blog.terpo.org/upload/mc/chunkpurge.png. In this base are EnderIO conduits under the city to connect the buildings. I also tested what happens if someone teleports around and loads bases with a one hour delay: http://blog.terpo.org/upload/mc/serverload.html

For us, chunkloaders seems to prevent this massive lags. Now, I'm trying to build a special chunkloader for Railcraft that activates when any player is nearby and deactivates after a server restart.
    https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft/issues/489

• Im having a problem when using modpacks in the console it comes up saying login attempt unsuccessful and after doing that the game either crashes or parts of the world doesnt load. I think it is something to do with fastcraft because every time i take the fastcraft out the mod is fine but it is really laggy because its not installed, if you could help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• On Radeon R9 270 , i7 4xxx (can't remember) 4 ghz 6 cores (x2 so called intel "threads"). Without FastCraft someting around 40 fps ( very laggy base ) , and with it 48 - 50 fps. So it does help, but just a litle bit .. But that at least someting in that laggy base.

• We have the same kind of lagspikes on our server. For us, it seems that player bases are not unloaded correctly. And some of these seems to create this lagspikes. Try out OPIS and Admin Command Toolbox. These two mods offer a chunk purge an, where unneeded chunks should get unloaded. For us, even this command do not help. Chunks dont want to get unloaded. http://blog.terpo.org/upload/mc/chunkpurge.png. In this base are EnderIO conduits under the city to connect the buildings. I also tested what happens if someone teleports around and loads bases with a one hour delay: http://blog.terpo.org/upload/mc/serverload.html

For us, chunkloaders seems to prevent this massive lags. Now, I'm trying to build a special chunkloader for Railcraft that activates when any player is nearby and deactivates after a server restart.
    https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft/issues/489

I'm already using opis. And I doubt we really have the same lagspike as for me NOT chunkloading the area helps reduce it. In a matter of 20 minutes with no one online the server will go from 400ish spikes to 28k spikes before being unable to login at all and needing a restart.

Why not use the sampler and verify?

• Hello!, sorry for the random change of subjects but i am adding FastCraft to my modpack, it's called MiliiVerse and it's on the FTB 3rd Party Pack, the code is "MiliionUniverses" (without quotes), it's a public modpack and, in summary it's a sort of "all purpose modpack where you select just the "Paths" (groups of mods) you want to play", and i also wanted to thank Player soo much for this mod, because in MiliiVerse it's specially usefull in worldgeneration, because of dungeons, and also because i use ClimateControls (by Zeno410) and all the biomes from extrabiomesXL, BOP and Highlands were stressing my pc before, not anymore thanks to FastCraft 1.19!

• Player,
    I would like to use your Fastcraft mod in my FTB unlisted public modpack "Dar Villous"
    The pack is used -and maintained- mainly by 5 old gamers and our kids. Hmm perhaps including Rose with a description of "old" is a good way to move to the couch.
    Ok- 4 old gamers, our kids, and the beautiful and forgiving Rose.

Thanks for the hard work.

• Hello Player!

Excuse my not having posted on the forums before, but I've had some interesting experiences with FastCraft lately that I thought warranted reporting.

I recently updated my modded server and clients from FastCraft 1.9 to FastCraft 1.19, and the results were very strange. My FPS dropped from around 30-40 to 15-20. As well as frame dropping, I also experienced very strange, slow chunk loading behavior where the chunks were loading in in horizontal bands and every other row of chunks in the direction of travel was slow to load. If enough terrain was crossed, this would lead to the player walking into a world hole, which would not load in until relogging.

To summarize, the main symptoms were very slow chunk loading, reduced frames, and as well I also observed the game seeming to have performance issues on my machine, which was surprising. My machine is a Sandy Bridge-E hexcore with an SSD and 32GB of Ram, 8 allocated to MC. My server is professionally hosted with 3 GB Ram. I might add that my ability to track performance on the server is limited to observing the CPU and RAM allocation, with RAM sitting almost constantly at 100%.

My guess is that there is perhaps a mod or a mod interaction that is creating such a slowdown that 1.19 is revealing. However, these problems disappear upon downgrading to 1.9, again on both the client and the server. I thought perhaps since you would better know the differences between the versions of FastCraft, I would ask before trying to gather more information. I'm totally willing to provide more information if you'd like, though I'd need to know what you need.

• Official Post

JonelleTheBeast: I don't change anything in this area, you are probably just experience unstable auth servers, which just gives a random chance for success. Removing FastCraft is just another implicit retry, trying again with FastCraft would most likely have worked as well.

TechoMan: You are probably having mostly issues with TESRs and/or chunk updates, see the spoiler box in the opening post for some more tips on how to improve your performance.

fargoniac: Works for me, this could have been a temporary hickup of the server or some firewall on your or your isp's side.

SirChamomile: That's an interesting observation. It'd be very helpful if you can test against the following versions as well until you hit the regression/slowdown: 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.16, so I can see what may have caused it. The old downloads are still available through editing the download url. Do you use Optifine, ShadersMod or ColoredLights? Please also make sure that the comparisons are solid, i.e. objective and with comparable conditions.

• What are the options for fastcraft? I understand that they are all command-line options when starting up the server/client, not in a config file, but I don't know what they are.