Item Buffer

• Official Post

More fun stuff added, but what Thunderdark is the item buffer actually for?

I get that there are 2 colours, 4 blue sides and 2 green sides. The colour of the sides that an item enters in determines which side of the GUI it comes into. But outputting (with an ejector upgrade), it can go into any side, including the one it's come from. You also can't change the colour of the sides (or at least not rotate them with a wrench), which leads me to believe that the item buffer has an intended use that I'm just missing, or that it's new and needs more work on.

Is it unfinished? Does it have an intended use, or is it designed to work for many things? And can you change which colours sides are?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• ist a simpel 2 * (Hopper + Chest) do not think so complicated ;)

designed to work with the Sorting Machine (Input und Output in 1 Block aka 1 Block Side)

• Official Post

I'm sure I'll find a use for it. Maybe.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I personally haven't written an article because... I haven't gotten around to it (same with every other page). Anyways, if the Electric Sorting Machine is like a filter, then I use the Item Buffer as a check valve. It is actually two check valves in one block: four horizontal inputs (blue) are stored in a separate internal inventory as the two vertical inputs (green). The Item Buffer is approximately 96% more useful if you add Ejector Upgrades in the bottom slots. I have some suggestions for this block, but I'll put them in a suggestion thread.

• it would be great if Item buffer can group items by 9 and then push it back. If quantity is less than 9, it push another items packet :rolleyes: