Fluid & Item Injector Upgrade

• Hey,

i think it would be great to have the counterparts to the Item/Fluid Ejector Upgrades. This would allow some cool new automation designs.

For the recipe i would suggest something similiar to the existing ones. For the item injector using sticky pistons instead of pistons seems the best, for fluid injector perhaps add a universal fluid cell or something.

What do you think of that idea?

• ??? 8| ??? Why a Injector Upgrade... what type of use ?? that you can not already do now ?

hopper to insert items

..look IC2 Item Buffer

pull fluids from other machines/tanks

...look IC2 Pump

pull items from machines

... ok missing but only use a see is to pull from chest all IC2 Machine have Ejector Upgrade Slots

• Official Post

What cool designs are you thinking that we can't already do? Past spreading some existing ones out, I can't imagine many.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That's true. It's funny how suddenly an IC2 only world could actually work with things like liquid and item transfer.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I am thinking of designs where i have an input chest and i want the machine to process the items inside, for example the induction furnace. When it is at 100% a hopper can't keep up with it.

Another great interaction would be with applied energistics interfaces. They have a configurable interface and with a combination of injector and ejector upgrade one could process the items in the interface and store them back there, which insterts them back into the AE system.

The Fluid Injector upgrade would only be useful in conjunction with other mods that have fluid storage which can't eject. I use the portable tanks from Thermal expansion a lot and they have the feature to eject downwards, which is great. The drums don't have that feature as far as i know, so an upgrade would be useful.

Solar distillers have no upgrade slots, and since they are quite simple, i think they shouldn't have them. Automating them IC2 only would be best with an injector upgrade, since the pump works only on machines directly in front of it, right?

• Official Post

From my point of view neither accepted nor rejected.

I'd like to see it become true actually, it would help people on automation setups.

An example usage would be a highly overclocked macerator next to two chests, quickly pulling items from one, outputting to another.

• how does one use the item buffer? it seems like it has a specific way but i don't understand

use a ejector upgrade and select which way it should output!
    IE if
    you want it to go up out the top of a buffer then have the upgrade in
    your hand and right click on the bottom of a block and it will always go
    there !
    this way you can setup a mini refining station for ore to bars!

as you can see i have buffers to put stuff in.. they output to the macertors in the back into a new buffer to wait and be washed! then what comes out from there gets sorted ! or bits dust get sent to the top two boxes .. the ore gets spun and its outputted to the furnace up top

washers have a pump next to them to refill from a unlimtied water source!
    bottom buffer / box on right side is a compresser for bars/ore bits! ( not automated)

centerfuges use there own power source since they use so much it was causing power loss for the others at times..

(attachement is the pic but i can't figure out how to get it to show better?)