How do I use the new stuff?

• I just got IC2 experimental, and it seems a lot has been added.

How do I use the ore washing plant?

How do I use the kinetic wind generator and others?

• Official Post

Welcome to now for a start.
    The ore washing plant washes crushed ore (from macerating ore) and turns it into purified ore, with stone dust (for Construction Foam) and some extra of the metal ore that you put in. It needs 1 bucket of water per crushed ore.

The kinetic wind generator is placed down, and then one of the kinetic wind generator rotors can be inserted. Once one is, and the wind is strong enough (use a windmeter to check if you want), it will start making kinetic units. You then put a kinetic generator next to it, and that will turn the kinetic units into EU. It is essentially an upgraded form of the windmill. The wind is strongest at Y 161 BTW.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Things only stack to 1? Which IC2 version do you have? Pretty sure Player's broken things to do with items in IC2 GUIs, but might have fixed it in 628 (unless you're using that).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Welcome to now for a start.
    The ore washing plant washes crushed ore (from macerating ore) and turns it into purified ore, with stone dust (for Construction Foam) and some extra of the metal ore that you put in. It needs 1 bucket of water per crushed ore.

The kinetic wind generator is placed down, and then one of the kinetic wind generator rotors can be inserted. Once one is, and the wind is strong enough (use a windmeter to check if you want), it will start making kinetic units. You then put a kinetic generator next to it, and that will turn the kinetic units into EU. It is essentially an upgraded form of the windmill. The wind is strongest at Y 161 BTW.

does the kinetic wind generator offer options not to break from high wind like the old one suffered from?

• It doesnt break with high winds. It will just damage the rotor faster if it exceeds material resistance. Use high-grade materials on your rotor and it can withstand any wind just fine.

cooll

another question..

How is the item buffer supposed to work with the item sorter? feeling lost here or at least confused some as to how to use it?

I see it as a option to prevent backups in the item sorter but don't know how to use it in that method? any idea/suggestions?

I haven't used the item buffer myself, sorry. You might want to go creative testing with it.

looked at it.. and honestly it feels like a item sorter 1.0 or hopper 2.0, need to see how it takes in items and goes

they
    don't naturally output unless there is a upgrade.. even if a box has a
    color touching. they don't have a default exit option like hoppers do..
    so they are just glorified boxes

feels like a hopper that can go
    up or to a side.. but you can't put two next to each other or it will
    loop weirdly and probabbly cause alot of issues with any server

honestly
    i don't know what the item buffer is meant for.. i can't figure out the
    logic and would say the item sorter is better but needs a dedicated
    direction buffer and more logic options.
    IE if you have 4 ore washers
    in a row.. and 4 item sorters it will balance the ore going up between
    them as long as they all have a up rule ( and somehow this is set per
    the TYPE of item IE only CRUSHED ore know it should go up.
    IE you
    have 256 crushed iron ore, ( 64 per washer) and you put in another 64
    ore into the item sorter. it should split that 64 into 4 stacks of 16
    for each washer

this could be done if the was a UI checkbox between the directions and the "white list" to indicate ?balance load?

right
    now I am not seeing out of the forward backward left right up down all
    the directions being needed ( someone fill me in if i am wrong ( other
    then going in a corner))
    just a up down left right directions would be good.. and allow most things to be routed..

if you need to turn at a corner then use a wrench to change the output faces?