[Support]MemoryHogger issue still exists?

• I am not sure, but I think the memoryhogger issue still exists. Minecraft now crashes on loading my world, possibly because of the ~300 solar panels I made. It runs out of memory before I can do anything. It also lags terribly whenever I try to place glass fiber cable that will connect to at least 2 other glass fiber cables.(not sure about other cable types) The fact that those cables are linked to my solar grid may have something to do with it. (They are linked through MFSU's)

Edit: Error log when it nearly crashed but managed to recover:

(I had to use /code tags because otherwise it turned a lot of the stuff into smileys)

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

The most likely cause of high CPU/memory usage is a mesh of interconnected cables. (Especially junctions with 4+ connections.) Player's put in some serious work on the energy net's mapping algorithm for the next release, so there's light at the end of the tunnel if that's what's happening to you.

• is your solar panel array a flat one? if so its like drash said, you have a huge shunt fault and its the energy net is calculating all paths (think OSPF routing protocol) a way to help this is paint each other line in repeating colors then paint the line going to storage a different color EXCEPT where the branches meet into it. this will help. as for your world run it via script to go offline mode and give it more memory.

Code
    java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

paste the above in a word pad and save it as somthing like start minecraft.bat

if you have the ram increase the 1024's

• is your solar panel array a flat one? if so its like drash said, you have a huge shunt fault and its the energy net is calculating all paths (think OSPF routing protocol) a way to help this is paint each other line in repeating colors then paint the line going to storage a different color EXCEPT where the branches meet into it. this will help. as for your world run it via script to go offline mode and give it more memory.

Code
    java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

paste the above in a word pad and save it as somthing like start minecraft.bat

if you have the ram increase the 1024's

It's not a flat array. It's 4 19 block long Glass Fiber wires, each coated on 3 sides with solar panels. It's easier than solar flowers and more efficient if you have the resources. And a tower. And it still crashes with 2 gigs of ram allocated. The only 2x wide part is a transport cable to transfer energy up and down the tower. Which I have rethought and will have painted both, 1 cable for generators and 1 for machines.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.