[Minor] Wood briquette

• Your rating? 8

1. Horrible Idea (2) 25%
    2. Don't like it (1) 13%
    3. Good Idea (1) 13%
    4. I want it now! (4) 50%

You would be able to :Macerator: macerate any type of :Rubber Log: wood to chipped wood which can be :Generator: burned and for more efficency you can :Compressor: compress it to wood briquettes.
    I suggest this because i would like to see a more efficient fuel for stirling engines (Buildcraft) that can be processed automatically.

• Official Post

But then we'd need BBQs too so we can cook our food outside using the wood briquettes along with charcoal to get the ultimate barbecued food.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's a better form of charcoal.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Better how?

It would burn for longer than normal charcoal.

I see this too much.

• So instead of using EU or fuel to turn a wood log into charcoal, you want to use some eu in the macerator to turn it into (one?) wood chip, which burns longer than charcoal, and then and then compress that into (one?) briquet that is longer still?

Seems a little OP to me. Maybe if the wood chips had a shorter burn, and you have to compress several of them to get a briquet... I don't think you should have the macerator turn one wood into one fuel that is better than charcoal.

On the other hand we already have a way to upgrade charcoal to a better fuel: make biogas.

• personally, I think this should be done with wood pulp/sawdust from forestry. That is where charcoal brickets came from, actually Henry Ford helped invent them to use the sawdust/wood waste from his factories.

• Since IC2 updates have been infrequent, I call putting this into my addon IndustrialEx :P I guess I have to do textures, unless anyone wants to help?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.