Cable and EU transfer information

• Does anyone know how cabling and EU transfer works in experimental? (We're running the 646 build if that matters)

I know things are in flux, but there's conflicting and old info all over the place, and I'm not really sure how things currently work.
    I know some things like machine explosions are currently disabled.

Does the EU-Reader work or not?
    Is there power loss for cables? (EU-Reader doesn't appear to show any, and I laid 80+ cables and it still transmitted the 1 EU from a solar panel)
    What does the EU/t limit on cables actually mean? According to the EU-Reader, my 128 EU/t copper cables are carrying more than 128 EU/t
    Are there packets or not?

Should I not even worry about this until more changes are made? Really enjoying things so far; just trying to puzzle out the wiring.

• I presume and have theorys,
    i think thats why you will still see a 2048 to 512 transformer outputting 2048 because it has 4 sources of 512 going out..

the question is.. would that burn out a gold wire rated for 512 ?

I hope player understand to keep it near real life as possable

IE wire is rated for X volts ( push) and X amps/wattage ( energy ) ... too much of either blow a wire in real life/melts it ( yes i know my understanging is WOEFULLY simple and not up to real electricians )

• carrying capacity of wires is not just based on the metal (outside of superconductors) but size as well. Size of the cable plays more into the power rating than material. Very High voltage lines are aluminum instead of copper for reasons other than capacity.
    and power rating: Volts times amps = watts.

Which is why I have a slight issue with the setup of IC2 and UE, but it is one I understand so I don't complain about.

• carrying capacity of wires is not just based on the metal (outside of superconductors) but size as well. Size of the cable plays more into the power rating than material. Very High voltage lines are aluminum instead of copper for reasons other than capacity.
    and power rating: Volts times amps = watts.

Which is why I have a slight issue with the setup of IC2 and UE, but it is one I understand so I don't complain about.

and why i have a hard time as well figureing out how they mix with real world ideas :/ i want to see how it pops and changes diffrent to now..

• As long as they are 4 totally separate wires, then they each have only 512 so they are fine. If you connect them to each other then they can add back up to up to 2048 and fry the wire.

Although, I thought that a 2048 to 512 transformer would only output 512 in total... if you try to draw it from 4 sides at the same time, then it rotates sides, delivering only 512 to one side per tick, then none while it feeds the other sides for a few ticks.

• Said reason is weight. Aluminium is way lighter than copper, thus huge thick wires are possible.

generally the fattest said cables get to is ~1cm of aluminium surrounding high tensile steel, any more aluminium than that and its just wasted, skin effect keeps most of the current flowing through the outer portion (aluminium) and thickening the whole cable past that point only has a partial affect on decreasing the voltage drop across the run of the cable (something*something/piRsquared, need to go dig out my copy of BS215-2:1970)

• generally the fattest said cables get to is ~1cm of aluminium surrounding high tensile steel, any more aluminium than that and its just wasted, skin effect keeps most of the current flowing through the outer portion (aluminium) and thickening the whole cable past that point only has a partial affect on decreasing the voltage drop across the run of the cable (something*something/piRsquared, need to go dig out my copy of BS215-2:1970)

which is one reason why the cables are braided