New wind generator grossly overpowered?

• I've been checking the rotation speed and wind and it definitely does go up and down on my (newest) IC2 exp build. Windmills drop down to standstill from time to time, as well as going up to more than x2 from average generation during storms.

How would you change the current winds to make the windmills more in line with other things? Because with current power generation of nearly 4 mil EU per unit of material used, it might actually be feasible to produce UU matter from gained EU, and have more than enough of it to craft new rotors...

• That for that at least on my side i would make it that if he finds anothe rotorblade in his checking radis then he redouces hispower output by the amount of rotors he find.

• Official Post

Rotors in Experimental already do that though :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Rotors in Experimental already do that though :P

Thats why i made the other post. Because i can not look into all the mods xD
    But as far as i know the Rotors make not much difference at all.
    (Strenght at windspeed, and stuff),
    ^^" I really should make a update video for my changes^^"

• I think the Windmills are not OP at all. The Mechanical idea is good. But there is a problem.
    IC2 Has always 100% Windstrengh and goes maybe down to 80% or up to 120% Speed.
    As i desinged the Spmodversion (fixed version) of Compact Windmills, i did add a Way that is not OP. The Windmills produce energy on the RotorSpeed so you have to build Windmills Differend. And based on the Windspeed the Rotor will adjusted the speed. Now i only need to fix the IC2 Wind. When that is done there is a noneOP version of Windmills.

No. ic2 wind fluctuates quite a bit and there are times when the windmill output stops entirely because the wind is too low. Also the above poster clearly proved they are overpowered since their output is on par with nuclear but they are far easier to build and operate.

The one down side to them is that they have to be spaced out like 15 or 20 blocks apart and can't be stacked vertically since they want to all be at a height of 170 for best wind. That means you can't pack too many of them into your chunk load radius. You can pack plenty of nukes into a small space to get a lot more eu/t, but then they do take a lot more maintenance.