Transformers are useless now??

• Okay, what's going on here?

I've got an MFSU powering a macerator with NO UPGRADES and everything works??
    I thought it should explode just like back in MC 1.5.2 if I hooked my MFE up to a macerator?
    The LV HV and MV transformer are useless because of this (which is cool, now I don't have to make them LOL )

Or is this simply because the IC2 wiring is still under a huge overhaul?

MC 1.7.10
    and whatever the latest stable build of IC2 exp is for it.

• Official Post

Eventually, things will go back to exploding, and transformers will be far from useless. But until then, they are less useful then they used to be.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks guys!

I'll leave the configs as they are - my brother is just starting out with IC2 after months of refusing to use it.
    So I'll leave things the way they are for him for now :)

Hopefully they fix things up soon, and release it for MC 1.7.10 8)

Actually, just for giggles what do I turn on in the IC2.ini config? (I don't see anything there for energy loss?)

• Official Post

It's cleverly named:

Code
    ; Use the new highly experimental current + voltage energy net model with energy loss.
    ; Only set this to true if you know what you are doing.
    useLinearTransferModel = false

Change the false to true ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Ahh, right at the bottom of the config. :S
    Thanks for the help guys!

It's cleverly named:

Code
    ; Use the new highly experimental current + voltage energy net model with energy loss.
    ; Only set this to true if you know what you are doing.
    useLinearTransferModel = false

Change the false to true ;)

• Heh. Not like me to necro a thread, let alone necro my own thread but...

Yeah so I changed that to true and nothing happens guess the IC2 team still haven't fixed the energy loss stuff.
    Using version 732 of IC2 exp...

Can anyone else confirm?

Also, is this a confirmed bug?:
    I connected 5 MFSU's together with Insulated Copper cable and fed a single line to a mass fabricator. The mass fab was then receiving 50K EU/t!!!
    Somehow the EU-Reader said every MFSU was outputting 10K EU/t.

I tried this with batboxes and the same thing happens, though it wasn't 10K EU/t per batbox.
    Sounds like theres some messed up line of code in there.
    EDIT: Okay the above "bug" only happens with useLinearTransferModel = true

• Official Post

Every cable junction dupes power, the calculations are a totally messed up, so you can connect a geothermal gen and 3 Solaris and be getting a small reactor's worth of power.

I see this too much.

• Every cable junction dupes power, the calculations are a totally messed up, so you can connect a geothermal gen and 3 Solaris and be getting a small reactor's worth of power.

So I noticed :D

Well, I guess I'll go ahead and make my transformer station anyway. Just can't find a spot for it on my tiny island....

What would be nice is if there was a way I can colour code the glass fibre cables I'm going to use according to EU/t, because the cable loss is too great with other cables so I want to use only glass fibre.

• Official Post

You can paint glass fibre cables. Or at least if you can't it's a bug.

I see this too much.

• Yep, painting works but the transformers don't.

I can't convert 2048 EU/t down to 32 EU/t
    For some reason the HV transformer outputs 2048 EU/t and the MV outputs 512 EU/t and the LV outputs 128 EU/t.

Seems they are all one step up even though the GUI says the correct output. It somehow switches when I put power though them. :huh:

• Official Post

I wouldn't trust transformers. They haven't worked voltage wise since the major E-net breakings that broke the EU-Reader. I mean you're not really losing anything, but they don't work right.

I see this too much.

• I wouldn't trust transformers. They haven't worked voltage wise since the major E-net breakings that broke the EU-Reader. I mean you're not really losing anything, but they don't work right.

Ugh. Wonder if they will finally get the E net working correctly again.

But why did they even mess with E net? It worked fine before experimental....

• Official Post

Player wanted a new E-net, a better E-net. A master-E-net! Or something like that.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Unless cpw rewrites 1.8, we're not going to it, so 1.7.10 is the only version it can happen on :P

I see this too much.