Is there a way to disable UU-Matter entirely from IC2 Experimental in 1.7.10?

• Short, simple and to the point question in the subject, is this currently possible? Our server already has a "dupe"-ing mod and with as many mods as we run, the UU Graph that is generated upon server start always causes extreme server startup times as well as suspected Mystcraft world generation delays. (Theorized, but not confirmed.)

Not a true problem, just a minor inconvenience. We are just grateful that IC2 and GT are separate mods and we are even more grateful that IC2 is still around and being developed. Either case, thanks anyways for the time in reading and thanks to the mod developers for making such an awesome mod that HAD to be carried over into the new(er) versions of MC.

:Matter: = :cursing:

(If you don't approve of the color, then why are you bothering to read?)

Just a nobody trying to play Minecraft, but with as many mods as possible.

Dedi server, CPU 4.0 GHz with 16GB RAM, SSD HD and 95/95 Mbps U/D w/Fiber Optics. Client system matches server, w/1.7.10 Minecraft and 288 mods

www.youtube.com/dawhitetyger <--Please do NOT like any videos, they all suck. This is just to show that I am working on a mod pack and nothing more. Nearing that 300 mark, lulz.

• Official Post

The closest you can get is disabling the mass fab recipe, but I'm pretty sure that won't stop the UU graph being made, so doesn't sound like that will help you.

Also, dat color ~SpwnX

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by SpwnX ().

• The closest you can get is disabling the mass fab recipe, but I'm pretty sure that won't stop the UU graph being made, so doesn't sound like that will help you.

This is something that I was afraid of, and prepared for. You can't be a half-ass decent admin without expecting to deal with a few issues. But then again, as I said it's just a minor inconvenience. I can make do, I'm just surprised everything still works! XD

Also Chocohead, is 288 mods a bit too many? XD I MUST seek your approval on this matter!

Also, dat color ~SpwnX

Ches(yes), This color is unique. It's is theorized (and somewhat proven) that it helps the dyslexic read better. If you disapprove, see first post at bottom. If approve, then you're the greatest. (Either way doesn't matter, fun is being sought and although it helps with my father-in-law being able to read what I post, it's also very amusing to see people's reactions. XD)

Cheers everyone! I much appreciate your time and responses.

Dedi server, CPU 4.0 GHz with 16GB RAM, SSD HD and 95/95 Mbps U/D w/Fiber Optics. Client system matches server, w/1.7.10 Minecraft and 288 mods

www.youtube.com/dawhitetyger <--Please do NOT like any videos, they all suck. This is just to show that I am working on a mod pack and nothing more. Nearing that 300 mark, lulz.

• There is no way that shade of purple is more readable for dyslexic people, especially against a grey background. White or yellow would make much more sense

And yes, 288 mods is way too many @_@ Is your server a supercomputer or something?

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Official Post

I thought it was UU purple :P

288 Is an acceptable mod count, how many different ores did you end up disabling?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I think the best color to use is the inverted color of the background you are writing on ( like black letters on white background ) , and that help color blind people ^^

• Usually, I disable every mod iron, copper, tin, silver and lead world gen and use a modified TE world gen, where copper, tin and iron have spawns at exactly the same rate, and are more common, and I make silver more common than gold, and lead almost as common as iron/copper/tin

• Official Post

Pah, IC2 master race ores. Get copper from the rivers to bedrock. Compared to TE's get copper in a river.

I see this too much.

• Pah, IC2 master race ores. Get copper from the rivers to bedrock. Compared to TE's get copper in a river.

YES. Not to mention how much better the textures are. IC2 ingots are clean and smooth with elegant colours, TE's ones look like mouldy butter chunks.

• Official Post

IC2 textures have had years of tweaking and generally looking nice, while TE's people kinda ignore the bad textures and process immediately :D

I see this too much.

• Ok, Let's see about trying to answer these (in no particular order)...

There is no way that shade of purple is more readable for dyslexic people, especially against a grey background. White or yellow would make much more sense

And yes, 288 mods is way too many @_@ Is your server a supercomputer or something?

Ok, either I have gone completely color blind or something is just wrong with me. I swear on everything holy that the purple stood out from the grey background easier than it does in it's current state. It does help my father in law with the white background but upon retrospect, the grey background DOES make it harder for the color to be ledgible. Hence, the conformity of the master race text color from here on out. If he has a problem with reading, HE will now just have to deal with it.

I shall only WISH that my server is a supercomputer. I simply use bare installation linux, dedicated of course. Advanced JVM arguments from the FTB forum, and a hell of a lot of trial and errors... (understatement)

I don't mind the color, its just a bit annoying to read :P

I yield, it didn't look THAT bad earlier after previewing it 4+ times.

I thought it was UU purple :P

Thought it was pink-ish or fushia? idk im an idiot anyways, so what do I know. XD Ask T...

288 Is an acceptable mod count, how many different ores did you end up disabling?

Disabling ores? Never, otherwise I wouldn't have a need for an OreDictionaryConverter mod. None of the ores are disabled, it makes for more AV fuel for my Aethercraft duplicating machines. (special Aethercraft version with more bugs worked out, a new tier of "stuff" and Baubbles support! XD )

Usually, I disable every mod iron, copper, tin, silver and lead world gen and use a modified TE world gen, where copper, tin and iron have spawns at exactly the same rate, and are more common, and I make silver more common than gold, and lead almost as common as iron/copper/tin

Then.... what's the point of quarrying the schitt outta other dimensions? You wouldn't need a big quarry to get the materials you need. Isn't that like... idk... buffing in some way? (I am really not trying to argue, I am genuinely interested as to why it is that you do such drastic config changes? It may help give me an idea about how to change the chunks in unexplored areas for us for later on...)

One other thing... Is irridium now-a-days easier to acquire by default or is it due to some mod that I threw in? Because I have found like 14 Iridium ores just laying about in random chests. (and we have a LOT of randomized chests burried about in the world due to Zelda Sword Skills and a few other mods...) If by changing the subject slightly I need to create a new post for this to be answered in, I'll just drop the question. It's not that important, just trying to gather intelligence based off of others' experiences and authors' configurations.

Post-script - 288 really is causing a ceiling to be virtually made for 1.7.10, however I have heard rumor from X3n0Ph0b3 of Reliquary that there is a Japanese team that has 1100 mods in their mod pack. I didn't even freakin' know there were 1100 separate mods in existence... even information gathered from Japanese Minecraft sites do not add up to that many, so idk I am certainly not going to run out of things to do anytime soon (or change versions within the fore-see-able future.

Post-Post-Script - Thanks everyone for the replies, you have made me feel more welcomed here than I anticipated.

• Well, if you're server's not a supercomputer(or at peast a ery powerful one) you really won't be ableto handle 288 mods, you'll need to cut some unfortunately. 1100 is even more of a long shot (holy hell how do they run that without crashing every minute @_@)

About Iridium: It isn't more common, but because there are more dungeon chests like you said, there will be more opportunities for iridium to spawn.

Also: there is no need to make a new topic about that other stuff, we ramble off topic all the time here xD

• About Iridium: It isn't more common, but because there are more dungeon chests like you said, there will be more opportunities for iridium to spawn.

Also: there is no need to make a new topic about that other stuff, we ramble off topic all the time here xD

First part: figures. No worries though.

Second part: Awesome, that's a huge relief. Some forums are "To the letter" anal retentive about silly stuff like that.

Well, if you're server's not a supercomputer(or at *Least a *Very powerful one) you really won't be able to handle 288 mods, you'll need to cut some unfortunately. 1100 is even more of a long shot (holy hell how do they run that without crashing every minute @_@)

With kind respect, You do not know everything, young padawon. Please refer to my youtube page and view (not for long, because I suck at making videos) the very last video made. It will show 284 (at least at that moment in time, the last half of the video DOES have the whole total of 288) mods concurrently working. We also have other players that log on as well, and that's kinda the reason why I created the server and the YouTube page. To prove that it can be done without a super computer and that many can still run with it.

Upon thinking more and more about it, I believe that there is only one factor that allows this "Paradigm"to actually function without constant crashes, the fact that I am running off a close-enough-to 100 MBps internet connection.

If you don't believe me after this, I'm about to update once more and have a clean 300 mods running all at once. If you would like to load up and try to log in, you are more than encouraged to give a try. If not, then I certainly understand. Our mod pack isn't for the faint of computers. (If you have at least a 3.0+ GHZ CPU with 4+ GB RAM and a badass 1GB+ VRAM video card you should be able to run. We have had a 2.6 GHz LAPTOP connect and STILL play to this day, Mwahahaha!)

Ok sorry, crazy ass rhetoric over now.

• Official Post

We have had a 2.6 GHz LAPTOP connect and STILL play to this day

How long did it take for it to melt through what ever it was sitting on? :P

I see this too much.

• How long did it take for it to melt through what ever it was sitting on? :P

LOL! Oh ye of little faith, what will it take for you guys to believe me? The laptop did have an external fan on the bottom of it, so normal operations still work. However, I will admit that Winblows was not the operating system that was capable of allowing Playable FPS. We had to install and use a standard Ubuntu 13.04 OS, but we DID succeed. If evidence is required, please let me know and I will see about creating a video. Mind you that said video will be of poor quality since I have no external camera except for a 1.3 MP cell phone camera.

Ya know what, now that I re-read it DOES seem extremely plausible and almost improbable. I may go ahead and make said video anyways.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :D

• @Above : XD
    TheWhiteTyger : I disable every mod ores and stuff, because I tried to a hole in a test world, with the same size quarry ( I don't remember the size XD ), and the same seed world, results ? ~6 stacks of tin ore, ~7 stacks of copper ore, ~3 stacks of iron ore

That is because of I had to much mod ore enabled :P

Now this is a rebalance thx to TE, that allowed me to make tin, copper and iron spawn at a decent rate, so every mod are ok with copper/tin/iron, they all spawn at the same rate
    results ? ~5.5 stacks of tin ore, ~5.5 stack of copper ore, ~5.5 stack of iron ore

The second quarry WAS the same size, I used quarry plus for the quarries, and I used my Magitech adventure pack, and before you yell at me, NO, Quarry plus is not included in the pack, I used it for testing purposes.

;)

• Official Post

I've never disabled any ores in any world I've played unless necessary, and it doesn't really affect playing at all, since most things need iron as well as copper and tin, so there's no advantage.

I see this too much.

• Ok, this makes sense then. Thanks for taking the time to explain to a derp like me. I understand why now.