Please review my video on Nuclear Generators

• Regular reactor plating also increases the threshold of bad stuff happening due to heat. I believe one increases the threshold of explosion by 500, and the limit for spawning lava is 90% of the limit for explosion, if I remember correctly.

• The reactor's HP(max heat it can take) is 10000 + (1000 * # of chambers) + (100 * # of plating)

All effects happen more often as the heat increases once their threshold is reached.

85% - Lava/fire spawn
    70% - Hurting nearby entities(player included)
    50% - Water evaporation
    40% - Wood, Leaves, and wool spontaneous combustion

Plating also helps mitigate explosions, but not by much. You'd need 5 platings to cancel out the effects of one uranium core.

• Oh, and also, perhaps in a future video you could cover breeding? If you don't know what that is, basically you can get near-depleted uranium cells through two methods, crafting them with 8 cells and a refined uranium, and getting them randomly when a uranium cell runs out. You "enrich" this with coal dust, and make a depleted isotope cell. You then place this isotope cell next to a uranium cell.

Isotope cells multiply heat of adjacent uranium just like regular uranium cells, but I believe the isotope cell only produces 1 heat/s itself? Not sure about that last bit. (EDIT, I just re-read Alblaka's guide and using uranium for breeding does NOT produce any energy at all). The hotter the reactor is, the faster and more efficient the breeder is. What most people aim for is a "perfect" breeder, which is a breeder that doesn't produce or lose any heat a second. What this means is you can use lava buckets and ice to get your temperature up to 9000 or more(Or 12000 if your design includes a lot of plating) and have it stay there. A breeder if designed correctly will double, quadruple, or even octuple your uranium production. The final product is a re-enriched uranium cell, which with coal dust can be made into a uranium cell.

Considering you only had I think 12 uranium, this would help you out a lot I think. A possibly better explanation is in section 5 of Alblaka's guide.