Poll: preferred ways of collecting iridium

• How do you get your iridium? 11

1. I find the first of it in a dungeon/stronghold chest, then use a scanner, mass fabricator, and replicator to make more. (4) 36%
    2. I find all of it in dungeon/stronghold chests. (2) 18%
    3. I get worldgen iridium ore from the Iridium Mod. (1) 9%
    4. I convert iron ingots to iridium using a Molecular Transformer (from the Advanced Solar Panels mod). (0) 0%
    5. I get worldgen iridium ore from GregTech. (2) 18%
    6. I use an older version of IC2 that still allows crafting iridium ore from pieces of UU-matter. (0) 0%
    7. I get iridium some other way (please specify in a post). (2) 18%
    8. I don't bother trying to collect iridium. (0) 0%

I know of several ways to get iridium, including some that involve IC2 addons, but now I'm wondering which ways other IC2 users prefer, and why.

• Official Post

I find one piece either from the iridium ores add on, or just luck if I find a dungeon, then make 1 bucket of UU. At that point, you can exploit an electroliser bug to get infinite UU, so I replicate iridium using that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I find one piece either from the iridium ores add on, or just luck if I find a dungeon, then make 1 bucket of UU. At that point, you can exploit an electroliser bug to get infinite UU, so I replicate iridium using that.

I didn't know about this electrolyzer bug, but I don't feel right exploiting a bug to get infinite UU, especially since the bug could get fixed. Also, somehow it seems like more of a cheat than using Mystcraft to get oceans of UU-matter that I could pump out.

• Official Post

You do need to run the mass fab 1000 times in order to exploit the bug ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.