Is there an ETA on when energynet / machine explosions will become acyive again?

• Way back on Build# 303 there was a change "disable machine explosions until the energy net is capable of simulating the voltage properly".

When should we expect to see things such as machine explosions and cables vaporizing back? There has been some promising work done in many builds Build# 605 and Build# 505 and many more. Along with option in the config to:

Code
    ; Use the new highly experimental current + voltage energy net model with energy loss.

; Only set this to true if you know what you are doing.
    useLinearTransferModel = true

Will it happen in MC v1.7 (If I have to wait till 1.8 Might (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)?
    If it does happen will it be an optional update? Due to many people/serves currently running with "Borked" power setups (Would hate to load my world up only to have everything go poof)

On a side note would love to have a config just to enable machine / cable explosions even if its buggy as hell. ;)

• I think you have to wait until MC 2.0 to be fair in this way...

IC2 Classic for 1.6.4 (the version which is compatible to Exp mods) has Explosions active.
    But not all the Exp machines.
    But you can work with all Exp Mods.

• Official Post

We won't give any ETAs regarding anything, for reasons.

But if you really want explosions (and much more content {and complexity} than IC2 offers), you might want to take a look on a very popular addon called "GregTech" (you can find it on the addons section, in its own section due its popularity, called GregTech). A warning is that it steps a bit over IC2 and vanilla.

• "a bit". it changes world generation, so that ores spawn completely differently(one HUGE vein per 3*3 chunks), and with the right configs set to true, it makes many vanilla recipes harder, too(wood logs only leading 2 planks, 2planks only yielding 2 sticks, iron tools requiring plates, stuff like that), and has ~45 machines, with 5 different versions each. GregTech can do more than most mods, but you need immense amounts of time.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• "a bit". it changes world generation, so that ores spawn completely differently(one HUGE vein per 3*3 chunks), and with the right configs set to true, it makes many vanilla recipes harder, too(wood logs only leading 2 planks, 2planks only yielding 2 sticks, iron tools requiring plates, stuff like that), and has ~45 machines, with 5 different versions each. GregTech can do more than most mods, but you need immense amounts of time.

But most configs in Gregtech are fake.
    If you install gregtech then you have to play with his rules..
    And i tried that and after 1 day testing i said nope and added a hack which removes the recipe removing from GT....
    After 1 day later gregtech was no longer in the modpack.

• the configs aren't fake, they just don't allow altering of the difficulty too much. One of the purposes of GT is to pose a real challenge to the player, so allowing it to be made easier doesn't make sense.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• the configs aren't fake, they just don't allow altering of the difficulty too much. One of the purposes of GT is to pose a real challenge to the player, so allowing it to be made easier doesn't make sense.

If you try to shutdown something via gregtech configs it will not happen. You can config as much as you want but you will be it will effect everything soround you extremly. Even if you do not want to!