IC2 NEI Handler

• It would be interesting to add NEI Handler for Fluid/Solid Canning Machine and for the Replicator. Because since many recipes change frequently and wiki are not in step, also this help new players and anyone who doesn't know much ic2.

• Official Post

The canning machine has been suggested before, it is apparently not possible. The recipes in it don't change that often, and both the IC2 and FTB wiki's are up to date.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The canning machine has been suggested before, it is apparently not possible. The recipes in it don't change that often, and both the IC2 and FTB wiki's are up to date.

The thing with the Nei support is not possible for the CanningMachine is not true. If someone would use the API Files then he would be able to do it because the Items are declared. Also the Fluid To Fill / Drain. Everything is there.
    For the Relicator it is not that Easy but if a scanner can find a recipe then the same thing is also possible for a Nei Plugin. Since it is hardcoded into ic2 there should be a easy way to install it...

• Official Post

The replicator list could massively lag NEI though, as it's dynamically generated, there'd be a massive list of nearly every item.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The replicator list could massively lag NEI though, as it's dynamically generated, there'd be a massive list of nearly every item.

Yeah when you load the Items over and over and over again. But what about that there is a static list which never changes unless you force it to (rejoin world/restart game/Command)
    then it would not really lag the game and you can create lists for easier access. So you do not have to loop through everything 1000k Times.
    And since these recipes are not required on server side (since the recipe showing is only client sided) there should not be that much lag at all. But i personally Prefer nei no longer. I saw that it is getting stuck every now and then,
    also it is not crashproof with broken recipes. I mean i can normal craft stuff and when i search in nei something it crashes (it was a broken recipe on my side) but craftingguide had no problem with that. Just throwed a error message for peoples bugreport and thats it.

• Yeah when you load the Items over and over and over again. But what about that there is a static list which never changes unless you force it to (rejoin world/restart game/Command)
    then it would not really lag the game and you can create lists for easier access. So you do not have to loop through everything 1000k Times.
    And since these recipes are not required on server side (since the recipe showing is only client sided) there should not be that much lag at all. But i personally Prefer nei no longer. I saw that it is getting stuck every now and then,
    also it is not crashproof with broken recipes. I mean i can normal craft stuff and when i search in nei something it crashes (it was a broken recipe on my side) but craftingguide had no problem with that. Just throwed a error message for peoples bugreport and thats it.

I think this:

Also you should install NEI, I don't care if you like CraftGuide more, or if NEI crashes far too often for you and everyone else, because Chickenbones sadly still doesn't know how to do a simple try/catch, CraftGuide just doesn't cut it and it will probably never do so. And the Wikis? Seriously, you consider just using the Wikis instead of NEI? Do you really think the Wiki Editors can keep up with this Mod? I add Recipes faster than they can edit the Pages. The Wikis are only really useful for How-To Guides and Machine explanation.

I have the same thought of gregorius.

However, you could put a config to disable / enable the display of recipes, like "hideSecretRecipes" does ?
    Maybe "hideReplicatorRecipes" ?

• I think this:

I have the same thought of gregorius.

However, you could put a config to disable / enable the display of recipes, like "hideSecretRecipes" does ?
    Maybe "hideReplicatorRecipes" ?

I think GG is right in this point. But everyone has his point. My is one is a little bit differend then others.

To your question. Ask the IC2 Team. I do not count to that team and i am glad that i never will be.
    I support my IC2 Classic which seem at the moment more stable then IC2 Exp (i think that is a illusion of myself too.).
    And the good thing (at least for me) is that i can add stuff which i do want (mostly i still try to stay as close to the Original as possible), and do not need to care about other people too much...