Steam Machines

• Yes, I am a fan of there being steam machines in GT, but why not have them in IC2, by making them not require any redstone to craft, a pre-redstone tier, for IC2. It will use steam, and that the steam machines act the same, but note that the late-game machines are not accessible by steam power, so you eventually have to go into the IC2 machines. :Generator: The generator looks almost the same, but with a tank, in the tank is the steam, every machine needs a steam output, and that each machine has a tank that tells you how much steam there is in it if it is steam-powered.

Anyone support this?

• Official Post

Steam no, it's an overused idea to use steam as a power source, and IC2's steam fits into the game differently. Early game machine however I do think is a good idea. Personally, I'd go with using the heat machines in order to start off, as they don't need redstone (just iron, copper and rubber) as well as not being affected from another mod (think of all the ones that add steam). It also stops you from having big fluid lines early on, as it would force machines to each have their own heat generator, or I guess they could transfer heat between themselves, but that could be laggy in big set-ups, so maybe just sticking with the 1 heat conductive face is a good idea.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I enjoy that steam idea too, and planned at least for IC2 Classic to add some stuff for it (since there will be a steam based Reactor). Redstone requirement i do not know if that will be there or not.
    We will see. But steam will be mostly used for utilities and not for PowerGen. So you do not have only 1 use for it.