[NewHorizons] Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker. GT, Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, Witchery, Galacticraft, BloodMagic, Forestry, Better Questing 2,8K Quests

• Version 1.0.8.8----10.07.2016

Mod Upgrade:

Enchiridion 2.0.2a

Mod Upgrade:

Better Questing 1.0.132
    Block Limiter 0.5.1a
    Bloody Quest 1.1.0
    Craft Tweaker 3.0.10
    Draconic Evolution 1.0.2h1custom
    Galacticraft 3.0.12.462aGS2.6Custom
    Gregtech 5.09.22.17custom
    Gt New Horizons Core Mod 1.1.61
    GTTweaker 1.1.1
    Hunger Overhaul 1.0.0.103
    Mod Tweaker 0.9.6.173
    RF Expansion 1.0.13
    Standard Expansion 1.0.85
    Storage Drawers 1.10.0
    Thaumic Tinker 2.5.527
    Utility World 1.0.9

Changed/added Recipes:

Blood Arsenal (Nerf the whole mod and put most of the Stuff in Thaumonomicum)
    Blood Magic (Put all Thaumcraft Stuff in one file)
    Forestry (Change Bee House Recipe to be early game available. Need Core Mod 1.1.61)
    Harvestcraft (Changed Skillet and Sauce Pan recipe not using Plastic anymore, Adding Rainbow Curry recipe, Change Tofu recipe to be early game available)
    Magic Bees (Change Frames need Singularity first researched)
    Thaumcraft(remove the upgrade recipe because not working well(NBT data). We have to look what we can do about the Wand recycling and upgrades, rearranged the Script files)
    Thaumic Machine (Change the Core recipe and change all Researches was bugged before)
    Tinkers Construct (remove Alu Ingot casting and adding Alu Brass Ingots to the Smeltery)

Code and Config changes:

Block Limiter(duct taped crash with Berry Medly)
    Blood Arsenal(Change LP Values a bit)
    Forbidden Magic (Added back Block via Chisel)
    GT New Horizons Core Mod (Added a Wooden Casing for Bee Houses, Added 16x insulated Cables, Add Blood Infused Iron Blood Wand cap, Fix Piko Circuit, Adding Field Generators to Assembler)
    Gregtech (Added 16x insulated Cables, change cable recipe using Rubber sheet Shaped Recipe (32 EU only), change some Graphics from Fluid regulators and Fluid Filter and changed Ids to be not overridden, Added LuV, ZPM and UV Mob Rep, Change Pile Igniter recipe to be LV Steel, Added Blood Aps pollution system but not have any effects now, Name fixes Assembly Line (Blood Asp), Rise generator internal EU storage to counter production bug (Blood Asp), rebalancing sifting output (Blood Asp), make GT trigger ic2 achievements (Blood Asp), Finished adding all component assembly line recipes (Blood Asp), fix ic2 crash (Blood Asp), change Electric Tiers, Adding new Tooltip to Assembly Line, Add Argon Gas, Adding Blood Infused Iron to GT, visual changes, fix Stuff, Turbine tooltip fixes(Muramasa))

Quests:

A lot of fixes not remember.

• Version 1.0.8.9----13.07.2016

Mod Remove:

Better Hud 1.3.4

New Mods :

Default World Generator 0.1b13

Mod Upgrade:

IC2 Nucear Control 2.4.1a

Changed/added Recipes:

IC2 Nuclear Control (Added Recipe for Vanilla Kit)
    Thaumic Energistics (70% done with the mod)
    Warp Theory (fix some bug)

Code and Config changes:

Custom Main Menu (change aq bit the configs and pics thanks @Technus)

• Version 1.0.9.0----16.07.2016

Mod Upgrade:

Gregtech 5.09.22.20custom
    Gt New Horizons Core Mod 1.1.63
    Open Modular Turrets 2.2.3.221

Changed/added Recipes:

Forbidden magic (70% nerfed)
    Thaumic Energistics (Done with this Mod recipe changes)

Code and Config changes:

GT New Horizons Core Mod (Added Essentia Processor and circuit for Thaumic Energistics)
    Gregtech (added Spring and small Spring as Shaped recipe)

Quests:

same small fixes.

• Version 1.0.9.1a-----06.08.2016

Mod Upgrade:

Better Questing 1.0.141
    CofhCore 3.1.3.327
    CofhLib 1.1.2.182
    Ender IO 2.3.0.428
    Flood Light 1.2.8.137
    Forestry 4.2.15.63
    Gadomancy 1.0.7.2
    Gregtech 5.09.22.31custom
    GT New Horizons Core Mod 1.1.71
    Hardcore Ender Expansion 1.8.6
    Industrial Craft 2 2.2.3.823
    Open Modular Turrets 2.2.4.225
    Standard Expansion 1.0.94
    Storage Drawers 1.10.1
    Tinker's Defense 1.3.6(NOT WORKING ON THE SERVER YET)

Changed/added Recipes:

BiblioCraft (Some recipe like the Printing Press and stuff nerfed Needs Attention)
    Blood Magic(Finish this Mod)
    Draconic Evolution (Make a new recipe for the Disenchanter Disenchanter [EarlyISH-Mid way] )
    Forbidden Magic (nerfed this Mod 100%)
    Gadomancy (All recipes are now nerfed)
    Gregtech(Change some Slime recipe give not Rubber only Raw Rubber)
    HEE(change and enabled some recipe)
    Railcraft(remove LP and HP Boiler recipe from Minetweaker)
    Thaumcraft(Change some Advance Golem recipe back to vanilla because of Gadomancies Shielding Golems (Modtweaker sucks sometimes), Void Nuggets Ore Support and Wand Cap change)
    Thaumic Energistics (Added forgotten recipe)
    Thaumic Tinker (Hide Kami now 100%)
    Tinkers Defense(Fix some recipes with the new Version)

Code and Config changes:

Core Mod(Adding Alchemical Wand Cap(Forbidden Magic), change meta ID from Naquadah Alloy Wires, All high Tier machine Parts now in GT Code, Added LP and HP RC Boiler to code, added allot of oxy and no oxy recipes to the EBF(All new materials with changed temps), Manyullyn Crystal now in the Item List, remove all Shaped Recipes for High Tier Machine Parts because in GT Code)
    Custom Main Menu(The GT New Horizons Start Screen have now a Musik)
    Gregtech(Fluid Filter Fix, New EBF and Multismelter Heating Coil Blocks 4200k, 5400k, 7200K and 9001K(Old Coils get automatically replaced by new ones), Change Materials Tier, Added 16x Cables, Change Cables recipe be more like GT 5.08, UBC Ore Support, Reactoria Crop Fix, New Cables, Some Fuel in Fusin reactor change, Achievements overhaul, packing most of the high Tier stuff to GT back, GT Sound Volumes now adjustable, change Recipes from Sensors, Field Generators and Emitters, Broken Ore Spawn in the TF )
    Railcraft(added LP and HP Boiler to the Core Mod code)

Quests:

Fixed some Quests. New Quests are added(Flint and Steel, Nether Portal, New EBF Furnace Coil Quests)

• A couple of questions:

1) How much RAM is needed to run this modpack and what are recommended JVM flags? Was getting extreme lag (2-10 fps) first time I started it (with 4 GB allowed RAM). After installing fastcraft I am getting 22-40 fps.

2) There seems to be a lot of conflicts for keyboard configuration. Is this intended or I need to remap them myself?

Edit: I have installed this modpack by downloading server pack (did not find client pack) and extracting mods and config directories.

• After playing with it for a day I must say this is a great modpack. Definitely much better than simply installing mods yourself which I previously did. Great job!

Edit: One bug that I noticed - I cannot equip flint sword to a weapon slot (I am doing this with GUI). So, I can either hold wooden shield or I can hold flint sword - not both.

• After playing with it for a day I must say this is a great modpack. Definitely much better than simply installing mods yourself which I previously did. Great job!

Edit: One bug that I noticed - I cannot equip flint sword to a weapon slot (I am doing this with GUI). So, I can either hold wooden shield or I can hold flint sword - not both.

Yes GT Flint Swords (if you mean this becaus Tinkers flint swords are unable to craft) cant be equip there but Tinkers stuff can. So try a irn sword from tinkers or a Bronze Sword.

I hope lance fix Tinkers Defnce issues soon that we can updte Tinkers defnse to have much more Weapons and stuff.

Thanks for the feedback.

• I also noticed that I cannot craft wood pulp. No recipe in NEI for mortar to make wood pulp. Tried it manually with oak wood + mortar, oak wood planks + mortar, sticks + mortar - nothing works. I guess I will complete that quest ("Boockparts") after reaching LV machines. Strangely enough paper can be made with chad (made from sugar canes + mortar) + 2 stone slabs - quest registers it as valid.

Edit: It seems I forgot to extract scripts directory. It works now.

• Hi, i have 2 question
    1) why you use mod Galaxy Space Beta 2.6 ? Why you no use Stable versio 1.1.0

2)Can i use your mod: "GTNewHorizonsCoreMod" on my modpack ?

Thanks and have good day

• Hi, i have 2 question
    1) why you use mod Galaxy Space Beta 2.6 ? Why you no use Stable versio 1.1.0 (Update available via Technic Launcher 1.0.9.2b)

2)Can i use your mod: "GTNewHorizonsCoreMod" on my modpack ?

Thanks and have good day

1) In the next update i will change to Version 1.1.0. We have a lot of trouble with this mod in the past.

2) yes you can but you need to using a coples of mods more because of dependencies and recipes make for this mods packed in the Core mod.
    If you have more questins just ask.

• 1) In the next update i will change to Version 1.1.0. We have a lot of trouble with this mod in the past.

2) yes you can but you need to using a coples of mods more because of dependencies and recipes make for this mods packed in the Core mod.
    If you have more questins just ask.

Thanks you for answer.
    I very good use Netbeans and mineTweaker too. Your GTNewHorizonsCoreMod is amazing. I very thanks you :)

• Is it normal for having huge mushrooms biomes in this modpack? It is as if ocean was replaced by this biome (have yet to encounter ocean biome).

Edit: I see, this is because of Biomes o Plenty. If I remove this mod will this modpack still work? Does mod progression depends on Biome o Plenty? I don't like too many biomes because if you have to search for a specific biome (like minecraft swamp or thaumcraft magical forest) it can take ages.

• Is it normal for having huge mushrooms biomes in this modpack? It is as if ocean was replaced by this biome (have yet to encounter ocean biome).

Edit: I see, this is because of Biomes o Plenty. If I remove this mod will this modpack still work? Does mod progression depends on Biome o Plenty? I don't like too many biomes because if you have to search for a specific biome (like minecraft swamp or thaumcraft magical forest) it can take ages.

If you play this modpack like it is without any editing you can't have any Mushroom Biomes which are a Vanilla Biome and not generated. My Pack has Biome o Plenty and Realistic World Generation. All configs are set to fit best when you play the RWG Terrain. I have a mod installed that let you play only this World type. If you remove Mods the Pack won't work anymore so better play the pack like it is. I work two 2 Years on them to balancing all very well. If you modify anything please don't complain.
    Magical Forests are very hard to find yea and tainted Biomes too. RWG stopp developping but for me it is the best Terrain Mod even better then RTG.

• Version 1.0.9.2 10.09.2016

Mod Upgrade:

Adventurebackpack 0.8ebeta27
    Better Questing 1.0.155
    Buildcraft 7.1.18
    EnderIo 2.3.0.429
    Galacticraft 3.0.12.463
    Galaxyspace 1.1.0(this will change a lot YEAH)
    Gregtech 5.09.23.12
    GT Core Mod 1.2.09
    Industrialcraft 2.2.825
    Opensecurity 1.0.94
    Remoteio 2.4.1
    Standart Expansion 1.0.99
    Storagedrawers 1.10.2
    Thaumicexploration 1.1.57
    Thaumictinkerer 2.5.538
    Tinkersdefense 1.3.7 (hopfully works now) Sorry not works. To much crashes.
    Wireles Redstone 1.4.1.11

Changed/added Recipes:

Core Mod (Added Tool Tips for Oven Gloves and Lava Buckets)
    Ender IO (Telepad now LuV Level)
    Extra Utilities (Item Filter need now Stainless Steel Gear)
    Galaxy Space(Change mostly all, recipes are fixed, tired to Version 1.1.0, Change Rocket Reverse recipes, Avaritia Table now Nasa Workbench, Planets and Moons need to be resetted)
    MANY IDS NOT MATCH SO ITEMS BE REMOVED AFTE THE UPDATE
    Galacticraft (Short Range Telepoter are cheaper now)
    Gendustry (recipe change now Osmium, Palladium and Naquadah is neede, high Tier Bee Combs are needed only Industry Apiary is at titan Level)
    Gregtech(Add stuff to GT Code like Heavy Duty Plates, Rocket Parts, Planet and Moon Stone Byproducts, Added new Materials like Infinity Catalyst, Bedrockium and Unstable)
    IC2 (Teleporter to IV Level now, Adv Miner Iv Level too, Reactor Needs now Titanium)
    Project Red (Illuminator dust using more dyes Ordicted a bit)
    Thaumic Tinkerer (Fix the recipe of a TT-kami scepter @Thanks to Sirilux)

Code and Config changes:

Core Mod(Ore dict support goes to the code because of Minetweaker script erros and waiting time, Quantum Circuits need now Black Plutonium, adding an Industry Frame as Crafting Item for Gendustry, Teleporter need Infinity Block, adding many Galaxy Space components to the Core mod)
    Ender IO (Ender Mini not Attak creepers any more)
    Gregtech(Many new Ore Mixes and changes because of Galaxy Space Update, Added nwe 3 Tiers of Naquadah Reactors, Scanner reworks by Tec, remove pullution until it is used, )
    Infernal Mobs (Hellhounds not alwas infernal any more, disabed rust due server issues and life stealer, enable 1up and regen)

Quests:

Fixed all Galaxy Space Quests to fit with version 1.1.0

• After playing it (1.0.9.2) with Technic Launcher and using the only world gen option available (Realistic Alpha) I noticed 3 things:
    1. Worldgen looks much better visually.
    2. It is very hard to find any ore veins on the surface. Even mountains are completely covered up and show no ore veins on their surface. This complicates things a lot, because you basically must dig underground with a shortage of torches. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it delays progress a lot.
    3. Lots of hardened clay in any hot biome or biome with mountains. This gives easy access to unlimited clay dust, meaning unlimited Aluminium, Lithium, Sodium and Silicon.

• After playing it (1.0.9.2) with Technic Launcher and using the only world gen option available (Realistic Alpha) I noticed 3 things:
    1. Worldgen looks much better visually.
    2. It is very hard to find any ore veins on the surface. Even mountains are completely covered up and show no ore veins on their surface. This complicates things a lot, because you basically must dig underground with a shortage of torches. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it delays progress a lot.
    3. Lots of hardened clay in any hot biome or biome with mountains. This gives easy access to unlimited clay dust, meaning unlimited Aluminium, Lithium, Sodium and Silicon.

1. Nice that you know what I mean .
    2. Gregtech replace only Stone that's why no Ores are on the Surface or very rare. Vanilla Ores, Forestry and Ic2 or never where on the Surface too. Yes I add own Ore Mixes to Mountains because before over y Level 120 nothing spawns any more.
    3. Yea Maybe I have to change the recipe here a bit lower the amount and chance.