[NewHorizons] Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker. GT, Thaumcraft, Buildcraft, Witchery, Galacticraft, BloodMagic, Forestry, Better Questing 2,8K Quests

• I noticed 1 more thing - with realistic alpha worldgen Red Sand is a lot more common than before. 1 red sand = 0.5 iron + 0.01 * 1/9 diamond dust + 0.5 sand. This means that if you find desert with red sand you have almost unlimited supply of iron once you reach LV tech.

Yes, you could also find it in normal worldgen, but you have to search quite a lot for a rare mesa biome.

I don't think that having unlimited things is always bad (otherwise we would not have bees), but it costs only 1500 EU to process it in centrifuge and it takes 2 seconds. And you can mine sand A LOT faster than iron ore.

• I noticed 1 more thing - with realistic alpha worldgen Red Sand is a lot more common than before. 1 red sand = 0.5 iron + 0.01 * 1/9 diamond dust + 0.5 sand. This means that if you find desert with red sand you have almost unlimited supply of iron once you reach LV tech.

Yes, you could also find it in normal worldgen, but you have to search quite a lot for a rare mesa biome.

I don't think that having unlimited things is always bad (otherwise we would not have bees), but it costs only 1500 EU to process it in centrifuge and it takes 2 seconds. And you can mine sand A LOT faster than iron ore.

Yea Red Sand and Clay needs to be balanced.

• How can I turn lignite coal into coke? Quest ("Another fuel source") states that I can do this, but NEI shows no such Lignite -> Coke recipe. Putting Lignite Coal inside Coke Oven does nothing (cannot put it inside).

• I am sorry, this is my mistake. Quest states different thing:

"Lignite and regular coal is the fuel source you'll definitely need; as the latter can be turned into coke, which is a superior than coal to... well, you know this already..."

"Latter" means normal coal, not lignite.

• I encountered King Slime and he dropped King Slime Lumber Axe. This axe can chop down huge trees with a single chop. It outperform any other lumber tools as far as I know, because you can get like 10x64 wood per single swing (if you planted trees close to each other)...

• What do these "New Quests" do?

They have simply appeared one of the times when I started my single player game (I am playing at LV tier currently) and they have empty description. They have Nether Star symbol and have completed status. There is about 5 of them now. For example:

https://s13.postimg.org/7246dtjjb/new_quest.png

I also received "The final goal" quest with completed status. It rewarded me with Zero Point Module for just starting my game as usual, lol.

And, if I am not mistaken, a couple of new quest tab appeared that were not there previously (like "They are coming...").

Is this a bug or is this normal?

Edit: In "how to bee" tab I received "Top-Tier analyser" quest with completed status and no reward. It also has nether star symbol like "New Quest".
    Edit2: I have modified my game it a little bit: I am using MapWritter instead of JourneyMap (have removed JourneyMap). I am also using inventorytweaks mod, so that I can sort my inventory and chests. Other than that it should be the same as latest version in Technic Launcher.

• Ok fist of all you need to play the newest version 1.0.9.2j or k

From time to time I change Quests or fix them and so you need to do the following command.

/bq_admin default load

sometimes Quests are unlocked and you not touch them before. Go to edit Mode and hide them again.

/bq_admin edit then edit them and hit again /bq_admin edit

I Hope that will help you.

• Hello, ive been playing this modpack and just started the blood magic part a day ago, now im going into tier 3 altar and im strugling to do it.... in change log i see you changed some blocks to titanium is there any place i could see what will the altar look with your tweaks? or could you please explain what i need to change to get the tier 3 altar, some specific runes or maybe some specific titanium block? (tier 3 is the one with glowstone)
    Thank you

• Hello, ive been playing this modpack and just started the blood magic part a day ago, now im going into tier 3 altar and im strugling to do it.... in change log i see you changed some blocks to titanium is there any place i could see what will the altar look with your tweaks? or could you please explain what i need to change to get the tier 3 altar, some specific runes or maybe some specific titanium block? (tier 3 is the one with glowstone)
    Thank you

It is in the config file but maybe a bit cryptic. I will look inside and can say you later what Blocks you need. And yes there is no proper wiki. Some day I have to do it.

• It need Titanium and Glow Stone and in SP is works for me. Did you change the cfg file?
    May i have yours to compare it with my cfg to be sure there is nothing wrong.

This is the cfg file part btw

S:specialBlocks <
    gregtech:gt.blockmetal7:9 (Titanium Block) (Tier 3)
    minecraft:glowstone:0 (Tier 3)
    gregtech:gt.blockmetal7:12 (Tungsten Steel Blocks) (Tier 4)
    AWWayofTime:largeBloodStoneBrick:0 (Tier 4)
    minecraft:beacon:0 (Tier 5)
    gregtech:gt.blockmetal3:12 (Iridium Block) (Tier 6)
    AWWayofTime:blockCrystal:0 (Tier 6)

• Version 1.0.9.3d 22.10.2016

New Mods:

Re Auth 3.2

Mod Upgrade:

Adventurebackpack 0.9fbeta1
    Buildcraft 7.1.18(let's try to fill up the Nether with BC Oil Tongue)
    Carpenter's Blocks 3.3.8.1
    Craft Tweaker 3.0.12
    Draconic Evolution 1.0.2i
    Electro Magic Tools 1.2.6.2
    Ender Core 0.2.0.39 beta
    Forestry 4.2.16.64
    Galactic Greg 0.9.5
    Galaxy Space 1.1.1 STABLE
    Gregtech 5.09.25.05
    GT NewHorizons CoreMod 1.2.27
    Hunger Overhaul 1.0.0.104
    Industrialcraft 2-2.2.826 experimental
    Iguana Tinker Tweaks 2.1.6b
    Natura 2.2.0.1.126
    RemoteIO 2.4.1 (Now with new version)
    Spice Of Life 1.3.6
    Storage Drawers 1.10.4

Changed/added Recipes:

Adventure Backpacks(Now Backpacks craftable because Craft Tweaker gave me a NBT option to remove only one nbt recipe instead of all)
    Electro Magic Tools(Make the whole Mod playable so add all Recipes back with GT Tools)
    Gergtech(remove crafting Bronze and Steel Ingots out of Nuggets, Bio Fiber recipe changed to be even more like the new gt recipe)
    GT New Horizons Core Mod (Now pollution is toxic.)
    Railcraft(Now the Advanced Coke oven is available Lv age. You need to vac freezer anymore and no blaze)
    Witchery(add Crucible to Witchery Oven recipes.)

Code changes:

Gregtech(Changed get clay dust a bit. And diamond out of red sand, change compressor recipes, Update IGT_RecipeAdder.java Fluid Canner, Adding tiers up to Tier 15, Add Infinity as Material Add Cells to Infinity Catalyst, infinity and Bedrockium Add more Plasma and Cells to new Materials from GS, Added some magic Fuels and fixes, Initial material change and tier expansion., Materials update, whitespaces, Higher tier method adjustment for long computaion., more work on ultimat-er battery, Scanner core scanning code changes, Finally working on first ticks on the teleporter and microwaveET's. Also minor spelling fix, Worldgen and random changes, Postinit reduction and save registered recipes., Change max machine casings to UHV, add Mysterious Crystal Material, Exposing more recipe adding functionality. Chemical Reactor and Centrifuge, Assembly Line Fix, Pyrolyse Oven fix, Return slabs on paper crafting and add metal subtags to TungstenCarbine, VanadiumSteel, ect, fix #717 Lathe can't make rods, Adding UBC Support from Blood asps code, Temp fix for missing Greg'd recipes (Muramasa), Fixes #714 - solar boiler, add Pollution system, add Ores to Infinity Infinity Catalyst and Bedrockium, Fix the MKII Fusion Casing Recipe , Fixed fluid regulator., Return slabs on paper craft(this time without bug), Alloy energy hatch in every slice of the assembly line, Optimize hiding of fluid extraction recipes., drop items from exploding gt machines + config, Fixed charcoal pile igniter bug, high tier stuff require more Nq and Nq alloy cable instead of wire..., Give ore Achievements from all ore stone types, change recipes for Field Generator (Tier balance) fix #740, Add duranium and tritanium, Pyrolyze works, soft Hammer->soft Mallet changes too, Pollution effects detects Full hazmat now, Make pyrolyze to use our casing (fixes texturinig), Optimize particles and change spawning code for electric machines, )
    GT New Horizons(Added Wet Transformers, Added HP and Plasma Turbines recipe, change compressor recipes, Add new Wires/Cables Ordict Berockium, New Fluid and Items Pipes Ordict more stuff, Put Wildcard values to ic2 recipes., GS compat version 1.1.1, TCeti Stone dust added and recipes, fixe large Plasma Turbine recipe, try to ordict mince meat to pams food for Burgers Idea by mtesseract, Added Pollution Air Filter Machine and Filters, Pollution fluid etc, update forge to 1614, fix Conductive iron in the mixer using no titanium, added recipe for Air Filter Block, Electric Air Filter Machine Block and Vent Casing, Optimize Imports (intelliJ), add helper Item for EMT nerf, Initial power trafo's recipes, change Ordict stuff to void from voidmetal, Added generators to expand railcraft quarried/abyssal stone generators., Trinium processing, better HighTier EBF ing, Astral Silver craftable etc., Remove Character.valueOf, Add pyrolyze oven casing, )

Config changes:

Applied Energystics(System needs now 10x power then before)
    Electro Magic Tools(Tiered Tools via Iguana Tweaks to a higher level)
    Galaxy Space(Add TCeti Dimension ID)
    Gregtech(Teleporter now Interdimensional tp able, TCetiE now added in the GT configs withe Orgen, added three now Small Ores small 16/Infinity Catalyst, small 17/Infinity, small 18/Bedrockium, Plutonium Mix are dprecated now and removed, Adden new GT Uranium Mix, New Solar Panel design in Avaritia Table. Welcome to Hell Muahahahaha Tongue, fix the last recipe need 32 eut/t)
    Iguana Tinker Tweaks(Change a lot of Tool defaults to higher Tier)
    Pams Harvestcraft(No you can plant all plants from Harvest craft.)
    Thaumcraft(VoidMetal stuff is fixed)

Fixes:

fix #708
    reverse recipe for Thermal clothes

Fix #707
    Chandelier not craft able in LV Tier

fix #711
    SDHC Alloy need now Stainless Steel screws

fix #713
    Quest Fixes

fix #720
    rainbow Curry now craftable
    Change recipes for Bio Fiber.

fix #716
    OD and OV Scanner recipe changes

fix #730
    CAble using Circuit state 24 now

fix #621
    Forestry Backpacks can now hold all items of the right type.

Quests:

Fix Wooden Cutter and Farmer Quest. Ignore NBT Data, Thaumcraft Quest fixes, Tier fixes, Quest overhault by Tec remove many spelling issues (thanks), Change Copper and Malachite Quest make two Quests. Change Steel Tank Multi Block Quest be retrieval instead of crafting Quest. Advanced Coke Oven Quest Fix

• Version 1.1.0.2----01.11.2016

Mod Upgrade:

Gregtech 5.09.25.14
    Special Mobs 3.2.2c(debug)

Changed/added Recipes:

Adventure Backpacks-Open Blocks (Sleeping bag reverse recipe works now.)
    Project Red Tinkers Construct (Project red in Tinkers smeltery recipe changed)

Code changes:

Gergtech (oil with the Oil Rig works again)
    Railcraft (Fuel changes)

Quests:

Adding a few new Quests in Tier 0/0,5, Typo changes by Tec

• hey dreammasterxxl, i was wondering, with the 3 potassium hydroxide + 5 nitric acid = 16000 steam + 5 saltpeter. the question is, isn't it impossible to make a profit of energy whilst making this? at 8000eu at 100 efficiency, the recipe process itself however takes well over 16k eu if i did my math correctly.

i really like the recipe, i think it encapsulates why i play gregtech into one formula, complex chemistry and obscure power generation, the essence of fun. so, am i missing something, or is the recipe just not meant for power generation?

• hey dreammasterxxl, i was wondering, with the 3 potassium hydroxide + 5 nitric acid = 16000 steam + 5 saltpeter. the question is, isn't it impossible to make a profit of energy whilst making this? at 8000eu at 100 efficiency, the recipe process itself however takes well over 16k eu if i did my math correctly.

i really like the recipe, i think it encapsulates why i play gregtech into one formula, complex chemistry and obscure power generation, the essence of fun. so, am i missing something, or is the recipe just not meant for power generation?

Yes this recipe can generate power. I try to make it as much as possible realistic. Are the output yield of Steam to low?

• indeed its too little steam, some individual steps to prepare the hydroxide use twice the generated eu. its output would need to be multiplied by 10-15x or so to generate power. sadly i dont think the machine can hold that much at once without fancy coding. maybe an EV hatch from a multiblock could hold enough to offset cost.