Posts by *error user name found*

C++ is very very very unlikely to be the language I would choose. And I dont know what I am gonna use yet, I am going to decide that when I start working on it, that way the engine is at least up to date.

One (new-ish) language I am personally like is Swift. I don't think it has any native game engines yet, but it interoperates quite well with C, while being a completely type safe, statically compiled language, and is being publicly developed.

It also has forums, and a language guidebook.

However, the language was prototyped by, and is still being funded and guided by Apple, so the development infrastructure is apparently not quite easy to set up on non-macs, but is being worked on for both Windows and (Ubuntu?) Linux.

But as you said, you are not working on your game yet, so Swift may be an option by the time you start.

Just mentioning.

By the way, does engine productivity scale proportionally to the flow of steam?

As in (I don't remember exact values), let's say that we have a turbine that outputs 8-24 RU/t and accepts 24-72 Steam/t. If at one point it receives 60 Steam, will it output

(24 / 72 * 60) = 20 RU?

And also, will the connected machine increase its speed if I give it a bit more energy (same tier, not maximum, just a bit more than is needed for a recipe)?

In general, yes for both. But engines in particular only emit energy at a particular (time) frequency that varies as they 'heat up' (or is settable for electric engines), and KU machines can produce multiple copies of a recipe at once, which means that for KU machines, it is more complicated than simple proportions to get precise values.

Cool Unit?(CU? technically "cold" is just the absence of heat, so shouldn't it just be -HU?)

It was, originally, but IIRC Greg wanted all units to have positive value.

However, I believe they still would automatically convert, if a -HU producer/consumer existed.

is there some ingame manual for the concepts of some features/machines and units? or is it just a blind guessing game?

NEI and Tooltips. Find a recipe using something you have, or producing something you want, look in the lower right of the recipe for the slideshow of GT machines that can (if the recipe is within or below the machine's tier) process that recipe, find in NEI a converter that produces the required energy type and amount, find in NEI a converter that produces its required energy type and amount, etc., then build.

I see no way for the Invar Steam Turbine to get more than 100L Steam per tick, because the steam input per tick is bottlenecked by a Tiny Steel Fluid Pipe - and yet it "overloads" and shrieks.

I believe that in one of Bear's streams, Bear determined that to successfully throttle a pipeline's throughput, one needs 2 of the smaller pipe size.

Unfortunately, I forgot which stream this was, and his explanation for why, if he had one.

So your setup would need to be like this:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre:

Or like this (where :Depleted Cell: is a left-down tiny steel pipe, and :Bio Cell:is a right-up tiny steel pipe)

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Advanced Machine::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk::Bio Cell::Depleted Cell::Coal Chunk::Coal Chunk:

:Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre:

So I understod it as: <whateva> : <molten.metal object output> _ <default ticks to make one output>=<actual ticks to one output>

How much incorrect my thought is?

And therefore, instead of = 0 at end of line, extra lines can be just deleted?

The first part is quite correct, wit the exception that the <whateva> is actually a signifier of what type of value is valid, `I` means integer, `B` means boolean logic value (i.e. `true` or `false`), etc.

The second question's answer is, no if you want the recipe turned off you do need to use "= 0", if you simply delete the line, the line will be replaced by the default on the next load.

Greg, regarding this:

In the changelog Greg wrote:

[CHANGED] Global Trash (Ender Garbage Bin and Ender Garbage Dump) Using the Plunger to delete Fluids from a Tank will cause the Fluid to go into the Global Trash instead of being entirely voided. If a Mass Storage or Item Barrel with more than 512 Stacks inside it is broken, the previously voided surplus Stacks will now go into the Global Trash.

Two more things that perhaps should go into the global trash are:

gases sent through the pressure valve cover (when in venting mode, and not in transfer to tank mode) and

the CO2, water etc. outputs of fluid burning boxes that don't permit recovery of such (which is all fluid burning boxes right now).

Greg, I found localization issues with the "apr" language::D

(note I am in GT 6.07.06)

Other mods + Vanilla Minecraft don't have correct localizationMinecraftZombie

Ingots:

"Biffmiff Tinkerers Alloy" is incorrectly "Bismuth Bronze"

"Stainless Still" is incorrectly "Stainless Steel"

"Galvanized Stil" is incorrectly "Galvanized Steel"

"Sintered Wolframium" is incorrectly "Sintered Tungsten"

"Wolf Carbide" is incorrectly "Tungsten Carbide"

"Compressed Arn" is incorrectly "Compressed Iron"

"Magnetic Arn" is incorrectly "Magnetic Iron"

"Magnetic Stil" is incorrectly "Magnetic Steel"

"Vandalium-Gallium" is incorrectly "Vanadium-Gallium"

"Aluminum Brass" is incorrectly "Aluminium Brass"

"Pulsating Arn" is incorrectly "Pulsating Iron"

"Conductive Arn" is incorrectly "Conductive Iron"

"Electrical Stil" is incorrectly "Electrical Steel"

"Obsidian Stil" is incorrectly "Obsidian Steel"

Dusts:

"Natrium Sulfide" is incorrectly "Sodium Sulfide"

"Natrium Hydroxide" is incorrectly "Sodium Hydroxide"

"Natrium Bisulfate" is incorrectly "Sodium Bisulfate"

"Natrium Persulfate" is incorrectly "Sodium Persulfate"

"Natrium Pyrosulfate" is incorrectly "Sodium Pyrosulfate"

"Natrium Sulfite" is incorrectly "Sodium Sulfite"

"Natrium Sulfate" is incorrectly "Sodium Sulfate"

"Silicone Dioxide" is incorrectly "Silicon Dioxide"

"Kalium Sulfate" is incorrectly "Potassium Sulfate"

"Kalium Sulfide" is incorrectly "Potassium Sulfide"

"Kalium Hydroxide" is incorrectly "Potassium Hydroxide"

"Kalium Bisulfate" is incorrectly "Potassium Bisulfate"

"Kalium Pyrosulfate" is incorrectly "Potassium Pyrosulfate"

"Kalium Fieldspar" is incorrectly "Potassium Feldspar"

"Vandalium Pentoxide" is incorrectly "Vanadium Pentoxide"

"Ferrovandalium" is incorrectly "Ferrovanadium"

Additions:

"Titanium Aluminide" should probably be "Titanium Alumnide"

"Rose Gold" should probably be "Rosy Alloy"

"Platinum Group Sludge" should probably be "Shiny Sludge"

"Space" should probably be "Spaaace"

"Moon" should probably be "Lunar"/"Loony"

"Mars" should probably be "Red"

"Ultimet" should probably be "Ultimate"

"Molybdenite" should probably be "Moly-Bedonite"

"Gaia Spirit" could possibly be "Terra Spirit"

"Bauxite" could possibly be "Boxium"

Make this an actual localization :thumbup:

Potential Actual Bugs:

There are 2 "Niter"s (8205 and 8206)

"Natrium Pyrosulfate" has no use nor recipe I can see.

Diamond (the real one) has chemical composition C_4

Greg, here is many pictures of all not "Anti-" (+ possibly some "Anti-") materials which NEI says output only stone.

I have more, but one thing even more annoying than taking screenshots while paging through NEI, is getting `.zip`s to be <1 MB.

I acquired these from the recipes for stone dust in a crucible, that input a crushed ore, and output only stone dust.

Also, why do all anti-elements say their Mod is "Unknown (But definitely not Gregtech)" ?

Files

• Pt 1.zip

(919.38 kB, downloaded 72 times, last: )
    • Pt 2.zip

(799.81 kB, downloaded 71 times, last: )
    • Pt 3.zip

(806.04 kB, downloaded 69 times, last: )
    • Pt 4.zip

(802.9 kB, downloaded 68 times, last: )
    • Pt 5.zip

(919.99 kB, downloaded 73 times, last: )
    • Pt 6.zip

(939.02 kB, downloaded 74 times, last: )
    • Pt 7.zip

(932.28 kB, downloaded 71 times, last: )
    • Pt 8.zip

(921.88 kB, downloaded 61 times, last: )
    • Pt 9.zip

(932.1 kB, downloaded 67 times, last: )
    • Pt 10.zip

(932.73 kB, downloaded 69 times, last: )

Greg, you didn't respond on the turning of ice water (juiced snow) into normal water.

Also, more oddities:

* ground potato (potato dust) cannot be used for anything.

* snow layers look weird on berry bushes (image).

* NEI: crushed ores without dust/ingot forms lie and say they only produce stone in the crucible.

* 1 (MC) blaze rod is 0.5 units of blaze, but is mortar able into 2 blaze powder, each 1 unit of blaze.

Greg, I recently noticed a vanilla bug regarding book-like items that perhaps you could fix for your books.

Specifically, when one closes a book it plays the 'press button' sound approximately once for each time you press the next or previous page buttons.

e.g. open a book, press the next page button N times, then on closing the book the 'press button' sound plays ~N times in the next second.

If you try various values for N (1, 10, 50) one should be able to hear the difference.