Wind mill recipe not working

• the wind mill recipe (generator + 4 iron) won't work on newer ic 2 versions.
    However on the recipe page on the wiki there is a comming soon sign?

• Official Post

Well, the recipe for normal windmills was commented out 70 builds ago, so they kinda do replace them. The normal windmills suffered every other green-gen's problems of being spammed up to the point where massive amounts of EU could be made. The KWGs avoid that by having big areas of effect on each other if they're too close.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well, the recipe for normal windmills was commented out 70 builds ago, so they kinda do replace them. The normal windmills suffered every other green-gen's problems of being spammed up to the point where massive amounts of EU could be made. The KWGs avoid that by having big areas of effect on each other if they're too close.

The proplem is, that currently you only have 2 early game green energy producers; solar panels (wich are expansive and only work on daytime) and water mills (wich are extremly ineffective).

• Official Post

It was never designed to leave you with being able to generate power for free early game though. The geo-gen getting a nerf needing the metal former was evidence of that. For too long people just accepted that spamming solars when they just took 2 cables instead of circuits was the right method of power generation. With the heat and kinetic mechanics coming in, it always was planned to remove direct fuel -> EU, the solid heat generator replacing the standard generator was meant to have happened by now, but Thunderdark was busy with real life stuff, and Player was pre-occupied with other stuff as well, along with fixing the E-net.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.