[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• At last Batteries or tools do not explode when put in a higher tier Batbuffer. Or should i change that? ;)

They should, but only in case of charging. Discharging should work fine.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• I have a different opinion on batteries tiers mismatches.

Sometimes you want a bigwig battery charger/electric safe of higher tier to be able to load your tool/battery faster.
    Unfortunately I think this does not currently work that way with GT Tools. Only IC2 tools can be loaded faster in higher tier battery slots.
    It would be very convenient having GT tools and batteries working in higher tier slots, at least for charging.

Then, maybe higher tier tools/batteries should not be allowed in lower tier slots. (think of incompatible socket, foolproof notches, slot compartment shape…).

Real life:
    - Battery chargers have different sockets, permissive slot arrangements, connectors sliders and accept many different kind of batteries.
    - Whereas battery compartment of machines/tools only accept one kind of battery size/power.

So, maybe, GregTech machines battery slots shall only accept the right tier battery/tool. Wrong tiers would not fit/enter the slot at all.
    But battery buffers, electrical safes would accept whatever tool/battery tier for charging.

• You mean the one fluid placement not fitting the gui texture? Too lazy to fix something that does not break anything...

I meant the NEI button in the fusion reactor GUI doing literally nothing. Can't check atm.

Also lower voltage sources won't charge higher voltage sinks. In fact they could cause problems like exploding.

• At last Batteries or tools do not explode when put in a higher tier Batbuffer. Or should i change that? ;)

Prefer that they just burn out, perhaps with a darkened texture? IRL thinks do not generally explode when you place too much current in them, they simply burn out.

Perhaps an explosion if two tiers above it put to a machine? That and burnout at one tier makes sense to me.

• I think this tools tier thread is:
    - Discussing non issues (if it ain't broke, don't fix it).
    - Asking for reward-less additional risks implementations.
    - Asking for more complexity where current tier implementation is a regression from GregTech4. (we are already dealing with so many transformers and wiring over-design). Who want to transform and wire multiple tiered charging stations for each tool/armor tier he may use and carefully watch for tool tier and machine tier perfect match each time it needs charging?

We have a mod with advanced futuristic fantastic technologies.
    But:
    - Machines can't incorporate transformers.
    - Chargers can't detect battery, apply correct charge or disable.

And then:
    - It is possible to transport plasmas in tin cells.
    - Steam put wooden pipes on fire.
    - We can produce UUMatter and make nearly any material from it.

No, I neither want to search for my LV charging station for my LV screwdriver, then search for my MV station to recharge my MV Scanner (tricorder), then search the HV station for my HV JackHammer.
    Oh and my Drill, is it an LV, an MV, an HV or maybe an IC2 Drill wich accept all charger tiers?
    Guess wich one I will build and use?
    A drill I have to check for tier each time I have to charge it or it risk catching fire/exploding.
    or A drill I can conveniently charge on any station and that's not loosing durability?

• Good points. I have not yet progressed far enough in GT 5 to have experienced these issues, and now I am not looking forward to it.....much.

• When I installed Agricraft yesterday I noticed that when I want to compress lapis lazuli I get plant balls. I think this is because Agricraft registers lapis as a plant product and gregtech thinks that you can make plantballs out of this. Could you fix this?

• Im not sure how i should plan a turbine for plasma. The wiki states:
    "So a 10,000L/sec Turbine can produce 20,000EU/t."
    Since the Mk1 produces 32000eu/t worth of plasma i should build a turbine with 16,000l/t? How does the efficency of the turbine count it to this? Do i need less fuel or do i produce more energy?

Edit: Lets say i upgrade to a MK2, so i build another identical turbine since im producing plasma twice as fast. How do i make sure both turbines get the same amount of plasma so i wont waste anything?

• Can I use the IC2 generators in the electric age? For example, a geothermal generator or even a basic one
    (since their recipes aren't removed by GT5).

• Can I use the IC2 generators in the electric age? For example, a geothermal generator or even a basic one
    (since their recipes aren't removed by GT5).

someone that does the math will have to tell ya for sure, but I believe a lava boiler will make more power before the cost of transforming from IC2 to GT EU, so with just the addition of a LV turbine and water you will have more power from every lava bucket.

• You want the math? okay:
    IC2 generator gets 4000 EU from one piece of coal/charcoal, and outputs 10 EU/t, so each piece only lasts 20 seconds.
    GT hp coal boiler burns one piece of coal for 160 seconds at max temperature, and outputs 15 mB/t of steam, which using an LV turbine becomes roughly 5 EU/t by default, for a total of 16k EU per coal.
    IC2 geothermal generator produces 20000 EU per lava bucket at a rate of 20 EU/t, so a lava bucket lasts 50 seconds.
    GT hp lava boiler at max temperate uses one lava bucket every 500 seconds, and outputs 30 mB/t of steam, which using an LV turbine becomes roughly 10 EU/t by default, for a total of 100k EU per lava buckett.
    (I think technically the LV turbine would output intermittent pulses of 32 EU)

Edit: somewhat unrelated, but I just noticed that depleted thorium rods have identical textures to their non-depleted counterparts.