[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Are you sure the forge update did work correctly? Or is it now a different crash? Because the code in the crash report will not be used in Forge 1355+.

It was the same issue, and nothing to do with Forge.

Optifine had a call to a Mojang library that was changed/missing. Since my internet connection is intermittent, it would sometimes skip the call and load the world, but if it connected to the Mojang library, the load was rejected. Took 3+ hours to figure out, and mostly just luck and Google. When it worked.

Updating Optifine fixed it, and sped up load time as well.

I appreciate all the assistance.

Cheers!

• Large Steam Turbine

Each time I log out and back in, I have to restart the turbine with a rubber hammer. Is this intentional? I am not sure how I feel about it, if so. I keep forgetting to restart and running my buffers dry. I know, my own fault, but wondering if this is purposeful or not. Thanks

• It isnt intentional.
    I'll call it either a bug of load/unloading or chunk border issues (try building all your multiblocks within a boundary of a single chunk)

The turbine is centered in the chunk, I did check that when building the thing. Had trouble with the EBF when I did not pay attention to that. However the Large Steel Boiler that feeds it is in a different chunk, adjacent. It does not need to be restarted. Also, all the chunks of my base are kept loaded with a Chunk Loader, so chunk loading should not be a problem, and indeed, is not when I leave the base.

Not that big a deal, just wondering about the how and why.

Cheers

• Hello folks, I'm playing with GT5 + PFAA.
    I'd like to have GT-style battery buffers. They require lead + lithium (for one of the battery types).
    The question is: can I get them from any ores spawning in Overworld without crafting the electrolyzer (I'm in LV, as you can see)?
    I need the ore names and preferably the places they spawn in.

Another question: is there a guide to use AE2 specifically with GT? I'm sooo tired of this crafting...

• Hello folks, I'm playing with GT5 + PFAA.
    I'd like to have GT-style battery buffers. They require lead + lithium (for one of the battery types).
    The question is: can I get them from any ores spawning in Overworld without crafting the electrolyzer (I'm in LV, as you can see)?
    I need the ore names and preferably the places they spawn in.

Another question: is there a guide to use AE2 specifically with GT? I'm sooo tired of this crafting...

I haven't even built steam machines yet in my GT5u + PFAA world, but as far as I can tell, with PFAA oregen, the only way to get lithium is by electrolyzing clay dust - with default GT oregen, lithium ore coulld be found in tungstate veins, or purified spodumene dust or impure lepidolite dust (the ores are in the "Salts" mix veins) could be centrifuged for tiny piles of lithium dust, but none of those ores generate with PFAA. For LV, you might have to settle for sodium (from salt ores, which I think do generate with PFAA) or cadmium (from rare earth, which you can get by centrifuging AE2 sky stone dust, and possibly bastnasite if you enabled COG GregTech ores and not just the PFAA ores)

I'm afraid I can't help you much with setting up AE2 for GT - the farthest I've gotten with that when using GregTech is setting up AE2 storage (that was in a non-PFAA instance) - GT has so many materials and different processing machines, it seems somewhat impractical to try to set up interfaces and patterns to automate things via AE2.

• I haven't even built steam machines yet in my GT5u + PFAA world, but as far as I can tell, with PFAA oregen, the only way to get lithium is by electrolyzing clay dust - with default GT oregen, lithium ore coulld be found in tungstate veins, or purified spodumene dust or impure lepidolite dust (the ores are in the "Salts" mix veins) could be centrifuged for tiny piles of lithium dust, but none of those ores generate with PFAA. For LV, you might have to settle for sodium (from salt ores, which I think do generate with PFAA) or cadmium (from rare earth, which you can get by centrifuging AE2 sky stone dust, and possibly bastnasite if you enabled COG GregTech ores and not just the PFAA ores)

I'm afraid I can't help you much with setting up AE2 for GT - the farthest I've gotten with that when using GregTech is setting up AE2 storage (that was in a non-PFAA instance) - GT has so many materials and different processing machines, it seems somewhat impractical to try to set up interfaces and patterns to automate things via AE2.

I've indeed enabled COG. Spodumene generates in my world, and I'll try to search for tungstate veins. Thank you very much :)

• I've indeed enabled COG. Spodumene generates in my world, and I'll try to search for tungstate veins. Thank you very much

Okay, I was searching the config files for the ore names. Apparently that wasn't good enough. PFAA Geologica has its own versions of spodumene and lepidolite, though not tungstate. Did you enable the COG generation of GregTech ores (in the GregTech tab of COG)? I think it's enabled by default, though I disabled it for my world. "PresetPegmatite" appears in both the COG GregTech config and the PFAA config, which is where tungstate generates for the COG GregTech config, along with pollucite, tantalite, spodumene (for both), lepidolite (for both), and some others, but not lithium ore.

• Okay, I was searching the config files for the ore names. Apparently that wasn't good enough. PFAA Geologica has its own versions of spodumene and lepidolite, though not tungstate. Did you enable the COG generation of GregTech ores (in the GregTech tab of COG)? I think it's enabled by default, though I disabled it for my world. "PresetPegmatite" appears in both the COG GregTech config and the PFAA config, which is where tungstate generates for the COG GregTech config, along with pollucite, tantalite, spodumene (for both), lepidolite (for both), and some others, but not lithium ore.

Huh... I don't remember. Perhaps it's time to work with MCEdit & configs.

(10 min later) Okay, now that I've made a search, I'm ready to quote (from CustomOreGen_Options.txt):

Code
    GregtechGenOres=true
    GregtechOverride=true
    GeologicaGenRocks=true
    GeologicaGenOres=true
    GeologicaGenPetroleum=true
    GeologicaOverride=true

Is that enough? (together with the fact that I find small GT-style ores from time to time)
    Should I have no problems finding GT veins?

• It's a little difficult to explain, and it depends a little on what exactly you mean by "GT veins". The "GregtechGenOres" in that file is for the COG generation with GT ores, which is described in config/CustomOreGen/modules/default/Gregtech.xml as using "patterns inspired by Geologica". However, between having "GregtechOverride=true" in that file and "B:AutoDetectPFAA_true=true" in config/GregTech/WorldGeneration.cfg, I don't think you'll find the mix veins described at http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing , and you probably won't find "lithium ore".

• It's a little difficult to explain, and it depends a little on what exactly you mean by "GT veins". The "GregtechGenOres" in that file is for the COG generation with GT ores, which is described in config/CustomOreGen/modules/default/Gregtech.xml as using "patterns inspired by Geologica". However, between having "GregtechOverride=true" in that file and "B:AutoDetectPFAA_true=true" in config/GregTech/WorldGeneration.cfg, I don't think you'll find the mix veins described at http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing , and you probably won't find "lithium ore".

Both options are set to true... I understand that in order to see lithium ore, I need to somehow enable normal GT veins. Which of the options do I need to set to false for that?
    (After that I'll have to regen the world of course, but this is just some work with MCEdit)

• Both options are set to true... I understand that in order to see lithium ore, I need to somehow enable normal GT veins. Which of the options do I need to set to false for that?
    (After that I'll have to regen the world of course, but this is just some work with MCEdit)

I think you'd need to set both options false to get GT mix veins, if you're sure you want to - seems to me having both those and the other two oregens (COG GT and PFAA) enabled would be overpowered (although possibly having those two enabled is already overpowered).

• I think you'd need to set both options false to get GT mix veins, if you're sure you want to - seems to me having both those and the other two oregens (COG GT and PFAA) enabled would be overpowered (although possibly having those two enabled is already overpowered).

I'm going to have GT mix veins + COG (on standard options) enabled. As for that being overpowered... I used to play with ore density = 2 and ore frequency = 2 (so as not to be concentrated on mining)

• --- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Don't do that.

Time: 8/7/15 1:54 AM
    Description: Ticking screen

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking screen
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting.func_73876_c(SourceFile:78)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1661)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at launcher.client.ClientLauncher.launch(ClientLauncher.java:267)
    at launcher.client.ClientLauncher.main(ClientLauncher.java:124)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Stacktrace:
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLProxyPacket.func_148833_a(FMLProxyPacket.java:101)
    at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting.func_73876_c(SourceFile:78)

-- Affected screen --
    Details:
    Screen name: net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.GuiConnecting
    Stacktrace:
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1661)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:973)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:898)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
    at launcher.client.ClientLauncher.launch(ClientLauncher.java:267)
    at launcher.client.ClientLauncher.main(ClientLauncher.java:124)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 390733064 bytes (372 MB) / 1010827264 bytes (964 MB) up to 1010827264 bytes (964 MB)
    JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1024M
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.99.99 Minecraft Forge 10.13.4.1448 Optifine OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_C1 56 mods loaded, 56 mods active
    States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
    UCHIJA mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar)
    UCHIJA FML{7.10.99.99} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge.jar)
    UCHIJA Forge{10.13.4.1448} [Minecraft Forge] (forge.jar)
    UCHIJA appliedenergistics2-core{rv2-stable-9} [AppliedEnergistics2 Core] (minecraft.jar)
    UCHIJA CodeChickenCore{1.0.6.44} [CodeChicken Core] (minecraft.jar)
    UCHIJA MobiusCore{1.2.5} [MobiusCore] (minecraft.jar)
    UCHIJA NotEnoughItems{1.0.4.95} [Not Enough Items] (NotEnoughItems.jar)
    UCHIJA ClientFixer{1.0} [ClientFixer] (minecraft.jar)
    UCHIJA bspkrsCore{6.16} [bspkrsCore] ([1.7.10]bspkrsCore-universal-6.15.jar)
    UCHIJA IC2{2.2.757-experimental} [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-client.jar)
    UCHIJA AdvancedSolarPanel{1.7.10-3.5.1} [Advanced Solar Panels] (AdvancedSolarPanel.jar)
    UCHIJA appliedenergistics2{rv2-stable-9} [Applied Energistics 2] (appliedenergistics2-client.jar)
    UCHIJA ArmorStatusHUD{1.28} [ArmorStatusHUD] (ArmorStatusHUD-client.jar)
    UCHIJA Forestry{3.6.0.590-unstable} [Forestry for Minecraft] (Forestry.jar)
    UCHIJA BinnieCore{2.0-pre8} [Binnie Core] (binnie.jar)
    UCHIJA Botany{2.0-pre8} [Botany] (binnie.jar)
    UCHIJA ExtraBees{2.0-pre8} [Extra Bees] (binnie.jar)
    UCHIJA ExtraTrees{2.0-pre8} [Extra Trees] (binnie.jar)
    UCHIJA Genetics{2.0-pre8} [Genetics] (binnie.jar)
    UCHIJA CarpentersBlocks{3.3.8} [Carpenter's Blocks] (carpentersblocks_client.jar)
    UCHIJA ForgeMultipart{1.2.0.345} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.334-universal.jar)
    UCHIJA Railcraft{9.6.1.0} [Railcraft] (Railcraft-client.jar)
    UCHIJA chisel{2.3.10.686e081} [Chisel 2] (Chisel2.jar)
    UCHIJA craftguide{1.6.8.1} [CraftGuide] (CraftGuide.zip)
    UCHIJA endercore{1.7.10-0.0.1.12_alpha} [EnderCore] (EnderCore.jar)
    UCHIJA EnderIO{1.7.10-2.2.8.381} [Ender IO] (EnderIO.jar)
    UCHIJA Waila{1.5.10} [Waila] (Waila.jar)
    UCHIJA extracells{2.2.73} [Extra Cells 2] (ExtraCells-client.jar)
    UCHIJA FastCraft{1.21} [FastCraft] (fastcraft-1.21.jar)
    UCHIJA McMultipart{1.2.0.345} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.334-universal.jar)
    UCHIJA gregtech{MC1710} [GregTech] (gregtech.jar)
    UCHIJA GemBlocksForGreg{1.5.0} [GemBlocksForGreg] (GemBlocksForGreg.jar)
    UCHIJA GraviSuite{1.7.10-2.0.3} [Graviation Suite] (GraviSuite-client.jar)
    UCHIJA IC2NuclearControl{2.2.5a-GoingForTheKill} [Nuclear Control 2] (IC2NuclearControl.jar)
    UCHIJA IronChest{6.0.62.742} [Iron Chest] (ironchest.jar)
    UCHIJA MouseTweaks{2.4.4} [Mouse Tweaks] (MouseTweaks.jar)
    UCHIJA movillages{1.2.1} [Mo' Villages] (MoVillages.jar)
    UCHIJA MrTJPCoreMod{1.0.6.13} [MrTJPCore] (MrTJPCore-1.0.6.13-universal.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons|AppEng{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons: Applied Energistics 2] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons|Botany{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons: Botany] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons|Forestry{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons: Forestry] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons|CraftingTables{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons: Crafting Tables] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIAddons|ExNihilo{1.12.8.29} [NEI Addons: Ex Nihilo] (neiaddons.jar)
    UCHIJA NEIPlugins{1.1.0.11-unofficial} [NEI Plugins Unofficial] (NEIPlugins.jar)
    UCHIJA MapWriter{2.1.2} [MapWriter] (Opis-1.2.5_1.7.10.jar)
    UCHIJA Opis{1.2.5} [Opis] (Opis-1.2.5_1.7.10.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Core{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed] (ProjectRed-Base.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Transmission{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed-Transmission] (ProjectRed-Integration.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Exploration{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed-Exploration] (ProjectRed-World.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Compatibility{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed-Compatibility] (ProjectRed-Compat.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Integration{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed-Integration] (ProjectRed-Integration.jar)
    UCHIJA ProjRed|Illumination{4.6.0.79} [ProjectRed-Illumination] (ProjectRed-Lighting.jar)
    UCHIJA StatusEffectHUD{1.27} [StatusEffectHUD] (StatusEffectHUD-client.jar)
    UCHIJA Treecapitator{1.7.10} [Treecapitator] (Treecapitator.jar)
    UCHIJA ForgeMicroblock{1.2.0.345} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-1.7.10-1.1.2.334-universal.jar)
    GL info: ' Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.' Version: '3.3.11672 Compatibility Profile Context' Renderer: 'ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650'
    AE2 Version: stable rv2-stable-9 for Forge 10.13.2.1291
    Forestry : Warning: You have mods that change the behavior of Minecraft, ForgeModLoader, and/or Minecraft Forge to your client:
    Optifine
    These may have caused this error, and may not be supported. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT these mods, and report it then.
    AE2 Integration: IC2:ON, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:ON, BC:OFF, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:OFF, DSU:OFF, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:OFF, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:ON, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF
    Launched Version: 1.7.10
    LWJGL: 2.9.3
    OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 GL version 3.3.11672 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
    Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
    Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
    Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: []
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)