[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Official Post

The magic converter (GT4) used to accept (magic)power-like essentia on phials though. (Ignis, praecantatio, potentia, auram...)
    It didnt produce as much as a shard of course. It was like 8k EU per phial (and some essentia types produced more, like auram).

• Hi. I installed PFAA and GC on my server. But GT does not generate ore in GC's dimmentions. How can i fix this?
    I try enable option in GC core.conf B:"Generate all other mods features on planets"=true, but has only black granite on Moon.

Привет. У меня на сервере установлен мод PFAA и GalactiCraft. К сожалению, ГТ не генерирует руды в мирах GC, даже при включенной опции B:"Generate all other mods features on planets"=true генерируется только черный гранит на луне.
    В незере и краю руды ГТ нормально генерируются.
    GalactiGreg мод не устанавливается, жалуется на отсутствие gregtech API.
    Подскажите как настроить генерацию ГТ-руд в мирах GC? Может у кого есть конфиги для Custom Ore Generation для GC c греговскими рудами?

• [GregTech-Addon-Addon]GalacticGreg 1.7 - Gregtech Oregen on Galacticraft Planets - this might be what you're looking for. Another creation of Blood's that generates GT ores on other planets.

• Hi,

Since update to gregtech_1.7.10-5.08.27. all my large boiler suck !!!
    It stop at 86% eff. and don't want restart again while I break controller...

I have check if water & coal supply OK
    I have check if steam get away speedly (AE2/XC fluid import + 4 card)
    I have check maintenance OK

But raaghh it dont want run again !!!
    what's Im doing wrong ?

Syl

• Without a screenshot is hard to say;
    I remember to have seen this behavior only once before, when I forgot to put a muffler hatch. Maybe yours got obstructed?.
    I'm using a Large Bronze one on 5.08.27, and it works fine...

------
    Speaking about the muffler, Blood, will pollution ever be a thing on the 5U?

• Thanks, but i try this in first time. GG say: gregtech API not found. Unoficial version have diferent API i think.

Use GalacticGreg v0.5 for GT5, the 1.x versions are for GT6

Sounds a lot like missing or obstructed muffler hatch.

Without a screenshot is hard to say;
    I remember to have seen this behavior only once before, when I forgot to put a muffler hatch. Maybe yours got obstructed?.

------

Pollution is at last planned, but i can't give an estimate on how long it will take.

• Without a screenshot is hard to say;

------

Probably. If I can talk him into letting me do it, it will happen soon :p

• Well, just don't be too hard on requirements to filter/clean it.
    I don't want to use a hazmat suit on my home :D

• The current designs don't call for any means to clean it. You can create pollution, you can mitigate it (by using better tech) and you can let it dissipate on its own over time.

I agree that cleansing apparatus would be "neat" but it would defeat the purpose.

• If isn't a problem, could you tell what's the current design?
    Can I at least, put it in a giant barrel and dump it in a river (I'll make sure to not put my name on it)? :D

• my apologize... I blocked muffle (I forget It)...

Oh, I need help with Fusion reactor... a complet tutorial :)...

Np, Large boilers, large apologies;

I would like a Fusion tutorial too...
    I mean, Wiki says how to assemble it and fuels values, etc, but I have some doubts on how it works:

1- What would be the first recommend fuel (deuterium + tritium)?
    2- It says to starts, it needs 40m EU. The 4096eu/t in 16t listed, it's produced, or needed to keep running?
    3- I assume that is consumed, but then, it consumes more than produce?
    It is intended to run alongside with a plasma generator?
    4- It can consume the produced energy internally, or I have to output and input externally?
    5 - And the 40m means that I need more than 156.250l of deuterium and tritium to have a positive amount of Eu generated?

Sorry the amount of questions, I not on my PC to test everything, also would be quicker if someone who understand explains it...

• I'll attempt an answer. Hopefully if I make any mistakes I'll be corrected.

1- D+T is the first reaction that should be done to use helium plasma as an energy source. D+H3 can be done as well but the processing path to H3 isn't as straight forward.
    2- 40M EU is the amount that needs to be stored in order to start the reaction. It doesn't get instantly consumed. You need to supply 4096 EU/t constantly while the reaction is going on so if you store exactly 40M EU in the reactor and don't supply it at least 4096 EU/t you won't be having fusion reactions at steady state.
    3- It produces much more than it consumes because as you can see it consumes 4kEU/t and only gives you plasma. However plasma gets converted into EU in plasma generators and large plasma turbines. The max EU/t out of the reaction is listed on the right side of the wiki (32kEU/t for D+T).
    4- No EU is produced by the reactor ever. You need to convert it into EU externally and feed it back in. Starting up a fusion reactor for the first time is a fun little challenge and can take many attempts if you don't plan and test carefully :D
    5- I'm not sure how you're doing your calculation but that number seems reasonable. It may take quite some time to have a net energy gain considering you need a massive amount of EU generation before you can make a fusion reactor.

Note: the majority of the energy requirements (and logistics and planning) are in the fuel production of fusion reactors. The processing array multiblock makes the laying out aspect a little easier. As for the logistics and numbers: I haven't done them since GT4 but expect to need in the realm of dozens of electrolyzers and centrifuges. Also use LV machines since anything higher results in a loss in efficiency so great that it may be impossible to have a net energy gain.

• If isn't a problem, could you tell what's the current design?
    Can I at least, put it in a giant barrel and dump it in a river (I'll make sure to not put my name on it)? :D

Don't have "one" design yet. Blood's God, I just fix stuff. Its up to him :)

My personal interests are using pollution as a soft-control to mitigate spammable early tech and early energy. For instance, its common for people to totally ignore nuclear power, or refined fuels, because good old tree farms and lava-gen are amazing in just about every pack ever.

One way to handle this is make these problem-machines cause pollution in such a way that having "some" charcoal power is perfectly fine, but having a ton of it causes problems. As an example: if you want to create the equivalent of 128 eu/t from lava production, that might not be a problem. But if you decided to create 4000 eu/t with high pressure lava boilers, they'll cause so much pollution that they'll clog up your machines, causing them to run at poor efficiency (among other problems). You *could* still do it, but you'd feel an incentive to improve your tech.

Blood's additional interest is mainly things like visual environmental effects, destruction of flora/fauna, etc.

• (...)
    3- It produces much more than it consumes because as you can see it consumes 4kEU/t and only gives you plasma. However plasma gets converted into EU in plasma generators and large plasma turbines. The max EU/t out of the reaction is listed on the right side of the wiki (32kEU/t for D+T).
    4- No EU is produced by the reactor ever. You need to convert it into EU externally and feed it back in. Starting up a fusion reactor for the first time is a fun little challenge and can take many attempts if you don't plan and test carefully :D
    5- I'm not sure how you're doing your calculation but that number seems reasonable. It may take quite some time to have a net energy gain considering you need a massive amount of EU generation before you can make a fusion reactor.

3- Right, I read 32k EU, didn't see the "t", thought it was per process.
    It really worths in that case...
    4- Oh nice, seems much more fun that way...
    5- Wiki, but I didn't calculate the output per tick, so it is probably wrong;

Thank you for clarification, can't wait to make one!

Seems that I will have to kill a few Withers and the End Dragon first.
    Weird thing is, In all those years I have minecraft, I never fought them...

• Official Post

An idea is to add a biome like taint of TC.
    Said biome would retract itself if the pollution is not high enough (aka either too far from source or simply not enough pollution to keep up).

Lets say a pollution emission of "5" would be able to "keep" a spherical radius of 5 around the base polluted. This biome would imply on damage to plants, health of entities or anything of the sort.
    Could have different biomes to state level of pollution too.

Else, you could rely on an invisible chunk map to map pollution, on a similar fashion on how bloody plans to do it for oil?

• Well, trees should help to lower the pollution.
    Maybe too much could darken the sky, similar like when is raining but you are on a desert. Then add a debuff to running speed (because of the air), and could cause damaging acid rain, depending on how heavy it is.

• If pollution is implemented for a "reason", then implementing workarounds that defeat that reason will defeat the purpose of having it. So I personally wouldn't suggest implementing "reduce pollution by X by having Y amount of some block/tree/machine/whatever"

I 100% agree that trees should reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the air, but let's assume that the pollutants are nastier than that.

Tweaking the Sky color is something I'd love to do. Impacting the player with negative affects is certainly plausible.

SpwnX: Tying the pollution to chunks is likely what I'd do. Its simpler and I can ensure it has no performance implications. If Blood does it, he has ideas with tile entities he'd like to try out and which I won't try explaining cuz its his business :)