[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• My numbers don't include recyclers because I saw no clear way to keep them fed. While it takes more EU I'm not concerned because the net gain is still huge.

Also I calculated needing less EU without recyclers but that doesn't make any sense. The last time someone said they had different fusion numbers I ended up being wrong. I threw that spreadsheet together hastily last night so I'll have to take another look at my calculations and do some testing.

Also my mass fab EU numbers were based off of this page:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Mass_Fabricator_(GregTech)

Replication EU numbers were based off of NEI. Can anyone confirm that they are correct? They're listed in the facts tab of that spreadsheet.

• The Be+D reaction is still viable in this case. EU cost is around 51 kEU/t for mass fabrication but the net gain is still healthily over 100 kEU/t. You'd also only need like 3 EV mass fabs in that case. All in all it would cost much less osmium and be much more compact. I've been mulling over swapping to GT5Exp for a while now but there are just so many recipe swaps that I'd spend more time overhauling than I think it's worth. Do you plan on backporting bugfixes and enhancements to GT5U indefinitely or just as long as GT5Exp isn't fully ready?

• I plan for GT5U only to make fixes for crashs and exploits. The absolute minium. New stuff or non important enhancements will be GT5exp only.

I just noticed, because of my new dev setup changing apis or the pc i'm conding on became easy, but once minecraftforge.net is down i can't properly code anymore. Missing dependencys. :(

• I have some ideas, but not that likely that i will ever reach that point before switching to GT6/GTExtras again.

My current plans and their order...
    Modular Armor
    Explosives overhaul
    IC2 Reactor changes
    Lamp Covers
    Tool overhaul
    pullution
    solar overhaul
    circuit overhaul
    research <- Not sure if GT5 or switching to GT6 before.

• I'd reccomend quantum computers rather than biocomputers.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Also on fusion overclocking does it follow the same EU overclocking rules where it consumes 4x EU for half the duration?

I'm curious about the fusion overclocking as well. I hope it isn't based on the energy hatches the way other multiblocks are, because according to the Wiki, the Mark I requires LuV hatches at least, and 16 of them would push it up to UV processing, and 4 of the fusion recipes are listed as IV (8192 EU/t) or less. I'm not sure basing the overclocking on the reactor tier would work well either, since iron plasma requires a Mark 3 fusion reactor to store enough to start the reaction, but only 8192 EU/t (Insane Voltage) to sustain it, and none of the recipes even list full ZPM voltage. Maybe the fusion reactor doesn't overclock, but I haven't found a clear indication of that on the Wiki page.

Also, could I get some suggestions for simple ways to initially power my fusion reactor? I've got the structure built, and 64 lapotronic orbs in some 4-slot insane voltage battery buffers pointing into LuV energy hatches, but I haven't charged the batteries yet. I was planning to make some IV-tier solar panels, and I got as far as writing an AE2 crafting pattern for an EV-tier solar panel, but actually making it would require something like 360 kilobytes of crafting storage (as well as way more iron, redstone, carbon, and a few other materials than I had in stock).

• I believe reaction tier is based on the start energy and max internal storage of the reactor. If it's less than 160 MEU then it's mkI, 160-320 MEU it's mkII, 320+ MEU is mkIII. I know the energy hatches don't affect it since I'm doing D+T with 16 hatches and it's behaving as expected.

I also think overclocking is based on the reaction tier relative to the reactor tier. I've heard that mkI recipes done on a mkII reactor are done at twice the rate (not sure about EU) and four times as fast on a mkIII.

• I used a Naquadah reactor MK3 to produce my first plasma, after that a small plasma generator MK3. Now that my reactor runs 24/7 im using huge naquadah alloy turbines. I still have the question, what happens if my turbine durability runs out?

• You can also make it via fusion, and then once you have a block, you can cross-breed a stargatium plant to produce it more efficiently.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• You can also make it via fusion, and then once you have a block, you can cross-breed a stargatium plant to produce it more efficiently.

Two problems with that: 1. I'm looking for a way to initially power the fusion reactor, so making materials via fusion isn't really an option yet. 2. I think stargatium is only in GT 5.09, while I'm still on 5.08 (I actually started the world back in February using GT 5.07, though I interspersed playing other mod lists for several weeks at a time)

• Naquadah generates in Infitech, which is what im playing...

Without naquadah i wold recommend to build a small LuV plasma generator and directly hook it up. The internal storage of the reactor should be enough to keep the reactor running until your plasma generator kicks in, this first buffer filling could be dont with anything, even good old steam when you wait long enough...