Blocked Turbines?

• Hey guys V497 here with a quick question, I built a 5x5 Nuclear Reactor using a tutorial from mementh on YouTube and the reactor works so thanks to mementh for the tutorial and thanks to whoever designed this 5x5 Nuclear Reactor however... When i Finished the build and left the reactor running to stabilize it and left my Minecraft world. When I logged back into said world I noticed that a few of my turbines stopped working, when I opened up the turbine GUI it said that my turbines were blocked and when I hovered over the turbine blade slot it showed over roughly 10000mbs of super heated steam stuck in the turbines, question 1: How do I release the steam from the turbines when they are blocked? And
    question 2: How do I prevent this from happening again?

Any help is appreciated
    Regards V497

• Official Post

It's a rare but annoying bug, superheated steam should never be able to get into the output tank. You can fix it just by pumping it out and putting it into another turbine (or loop it back into itself), but it could potentially take the steam out when it's working fine too, unless you have a mod capable of filtering liquids. The other option is to output the contents of the second turbine into a condenser as well as the steam generator, then any steam from superheated steam going in will be turned into distilled water, but you wouldn't be getting power out of it. You could grt around that by having a 3rd turbine or looping it back into the second, as I'm pretty sure turbines don't accept distilled water as an input.

It is rare though, at least from what I've found, so unless it's happening every time you reload the world (which it really shouldn't), you shouldn't stress to much about it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's a rare but annoying bug, superheated steam should never be able to get into the output tank. You can fix it just by pumping it out and putting it into another turbine (or loop it back into itself), but it could potentially take the steam out when it's working fine too, unless you have a mod capable of filtering liquids. The other option is to output the contents of the second turbine into a condenser as well as the steam generator, then any steam from superheated steam going in will be turned into distilled water, but you wouldn't be getting power out of it. You could grt around that by having a 3rd turbine or looping it back into the second, as I'm pretty sure turbines don't accept distilled water as an input.

It is rare though, at least from what I've found, so unless it's happening every time you reload the world (which it really shouldn't), you shouldn't stress to much about it.

when i was playing around with it i made sure i used a water ejector.. it moves all the water DOWN in mmy video to the fluid thing i used which work pretty good for that :)

you might want to use

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    this person video for help with a better pipe mod.. ( when i re-do it/do it live i will be using this video's info about pressure pipes)

• I had a lot of problems with this previously. One of the main reasons i stopped using 5x5 due to the instability of the superheated steam cycle. Don't remember if i managed to solve it either, i think it mainly happened when it loaded the chunk. I encountered the same problem several times using both lava and hot coolant so in the end i started using stirling instead as the boost in efficiency was not worth the risk of blowing upp the reactor.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am i or are the other crazy

• Official Post

From what I can tell it is when the chunk is loaded generally than when a world is opened, it still seems quite random though and hard to reproduce. A tank of overflow steam has gently been filling up in my test world, so it definitely does happen and can be avoided quite easily by doing that. It might be down to the steam generator outputting as soon as the chunk it's in loads before checking it's pressure settings or something like that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.