Are you going to allow cables and machines to blow up again?

• Hello,

Are you going to allow blowing up machines and cables again please? We really miss this feature, it's so easy to play without this... Why should people use better or even insulated cables now? They have no reason to do so. The mod is too easy without this features.

Thank you!

Jakub

• Official Post

Yes we are, but currently there are some serious flaws with the way the E-net works, and it would be very hard to enable it and it work properly.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Do you have any idea when could this be enabled again? I think it took about half of a year already, so is there any timeplan? Isn't this pretty major functionality to care about?

Thanks for replies!

Jakub

• Official Post

It is very major that is true, but only Player really has an understanding of how it works, and will work, so only he is really capable of completing it. Player is also busy with other stuff, so progress is very slow. Based off last year though, he and the rest of the dev team have more time in summer to get stuff done, so I'd be expecting (no guaranties) more progress in the coming weeks.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Sadly the e-net shows all the classic symptoms of vapor ware.
    Its sorta like the fall of rome, where it happens so slowly that nobody believes its happening till they realized the event came and went a while ago.

That said, if anyone can stick it out and do the impossible, it'll be player.

• Hello, just wanted to know, still NOTHING new? The mod still looks to me half-functional without new e-net and enabled explosins, so I just can't get the point why there are still so many updates that are not neccesary, but nothing is going on with the most important part of the mod? ;)

Thank you.

• Here are your solutions :

- Uncompilation E-net addon
    - IC2 classic

Sorry, but that's not an answer! I didn't ask for a solution for me, I asked if there is any progress when we are near end of the holiday and last time I asked, i was told that MAYBE it could move on during the holiday... ;)

• Official Post

Bearing in mind the first of those 2 solutions was co-authored by one of the IC2 devs, it's literally as close as you're going to get. Sitting about whining about Player being slow won't (and doesn't) work.

I see this too much.

• @Zac : Pick your poison, there is no ETA and that's your best bet on the current progress :P