GT5u Cross Breeding question

• Hey guys, I want to start to mess with cross breeding, and was reading
    some tutorials, saying that I will need a Crop analyzer and a
    Crop-matron.
    I don't use IC2 machines, so I don't have those - but I
    read that Gregtech's Scanner function as a Crop Analyzer, but about the
    Crop-Matron?
    It is really necessary to fertilize plants on the crop sticks, or it
    will just speed the growth? Can I do it manually?

• Official Post

You can manually add fertiliser, or not bother at all. It's down to whether you want a few really high production crops, or can settle with bigger crop fields to make the difference up.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Oh, no, I just want the new crops, didn't knew if the fertilizer would be needed to this (also, I assume that the Swamp biome and the +240 elevation isn't required to that end too, am I right?)

Thank you very much!

Edit: While here, does anyone knows a way to automate the harvest using IC2 crop sticks, besides using IC2 machines?
    I have Thaumcraft 4.2, but I doubt that the golems will interact with crop sticks (maybe the "use" golem can right click the crop, don't know if it will recognize a fully grown crop though)...
    Maybe I will have to enable the IC2 machines after all...

• Oh, no, I just want the new crops, didn't knew if the fertilizer would be needed to this (also, I assume that the Swamp biome and the +240 elevation isn't required to that end too, am I right?)

Thank you very much!

Edit: While here, does anyone knows a way to automate the harvest using IC2 crop sticks, besides using IC2 machines?
    I have Thaumcraft 4.2, but I doubt that the golems will interact with crop sticks (maybe the "use" golem can right click the crop, don't know if it will recognize a fully grown crop though)...
    Maybe I will have to enable the IC2 machines after all...

You could try TEs Autonomous Activator, I don´t use it for crops, but maybe it works.

• Official Post

They look for a right click to harvest and I don't think there's any checking for fake players, so that should work.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The TC use golem will constantly attempt to harvest the crop. Once mature it will harvest. But seriously, use IC2 crop harvester. It works in a great area and doesnt use much energy.

Crops will grow faster if given fertilizer and water (either manually or from cropmatron), however they don't need them. Except for high stat (growth gain and resistance > 20ish) combined with high tier crops.

• The TC use golem will constantly attempt to harvest the crop. Once mature it will harvest. But seriously, use IC2 crop harvester. It works in a great area and doesnt use much energy.

Crops will grow faster if given fertilizer and water (either manually or from cropmatron), however they don't need them. Except for high stat (growth gain and resistance > 20ish) combined with high tier crops.

Yeah, that was what I thought, even they being great to plant things, I don't think that they would recognize a fully grown plant on the crop stick.
    I think I will enable IC2 machines, seems to be the easier way.
    Thanks Doggy and Kitty, you were very helpful, as always (thanks to you too, Dohva, but I'm not ready to try a new mod yet :D ).

• Official Post

The only disabled machines of IC2 should be the furnace, macerator, extractor, thermal centrifuge, ore washer and compresser, since those have counterparts on GregTech.
    Else should be kept on for utility. They can even be powered directly from GT power.