What am I doing wrong with Pumps...

• Hi,

I'm looking for some help understanding what I'm doing wrong, or what I've misunderstood about using pumps in IC2.

I want to use a pump to feed my ore washing plant, the ore washing plant is working fine with buckets of water.

I made the traditional infini-water-pool under a pump i positioned beneath my plant (I've no idea if the pump can feed the plant from below but this was something I was going to find out).

The pump is fed with electricity, you can see this in the UI, but nothing happens. I've tried adding empty buckets and empty cells, just to test / confirm and yet still nothing happens. I would at least expect the pump to fill itself, even if it couldn't fill an adjacent machine.

Here is a pic of the machines;

Here is a pic of the UI

So what am I doing wrong?? Any help is appreciated :)

Many thanks,

Doowle

• You need to place the pump IN the pool. Everything you need to do is moving the pump one block down. :thumbup:

• Official Post

The pump has changed so it can pump from more than just the bottom face, but that also means it doesn't face downwards by default. You'll have to wrench it on the bottom (or shift right click with a wrench on the top) face then it should work.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Why did you sign your post with your name? It is already present 5 centimeters away.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded