Kinetic steam generators!

• Hello everybody! Been a while since I posted anything in here but I have question, as I've begun playing with the mod (and a few others in conjunction with it) again. So, I was toying with steam generators, kinetic steam generators to get back into how everything works in ic2. Once I'd finished setting up my steam generator/kinetic steam generator for IC2, I figured, hey, I have railcraft installed! Why not try their steam? I also have mekanism installed, as their fluid pipes are sexy. Way sexier than BC fluid pipes. So, for giggles I set up a liquid fuel 3x4x3 railcraft steam generator, gave it water, gave it BC fuel for power, and just let it sit to accumulate steam while I toyed with other mod stuff. Once it was full, I tried routing the steam produced in the boiler to a kinetic steam generator. I wanted to see if I could get the steam generator all the way up to 4000KU/t. I know it will give me 1000eu/t. Unfortunately, with a steam generator and a basic heat setup I could only get to 200 hu/t with fluid generators and bc fuel. My question is: Why won't the steam routed from the boiler be accepted by the kinetic steam generator? Is there any way that I can make it so that it is accepted? If not, is there any way in hell that I can get that to 4000KU/t? I'm extremely curious.

• I belive the kinetic steam generators may only accept IC2 Steam so that's a bummer, but you can use the fluid distributors to route large amounts of steam from many different places into the kinetic steam generator. Do note that if this will be the case, you may want more than 1 condenser full of vents around that kinetic steam generator as lots of steam will produce lots of distilled water for you to reuse, but if you don't get rid of it fast enough you will have steam leaks (those explosions that damage you or mobs but not the blocks around) all day long. I did something like this at some point with superheated steam and it worked but the extra work and setting up needed just to save up the resources for a few steam turbine blades and some kinetic steam generators (since all the steam would go in 1 set of 2 instead of multiple) wasn't worth it (especially since I can easily get refined iron from Nether Pig Iron Ore).

• Official Post

IC2's Steam and Superheated Steam is generated at a different rate to other mod's, so Thunderdark made it so you can only use IC2's in the Kinetic Steam Generator to stop people exploiting it. The condenser should be able to take other mod's steam to convert it directly into distilled water, but I'm not sure Player ever made that change.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.