Name: Advanced Solar Panel
Summary: A 12 times more efficient solar panel that will deliver 11 EU/t in the sunlight and 1 EU/t in the moonlight. (These 2 values are configurable in the config file.)
Default Block ID: 221
Description: The tier 1 Solar Panels are horribly inefficient due to the poor quality materials used in construction. They are only able to transform sunlight into 1 EU/t. The Advanced Solar Panels are able to transform the very same sunlight into 11 EU/t. In fact they are so efficient they are even able to transform the full moons light into 1 EU/t.
The Advanced Solar Panel retains 1.6% of Lapotron Crystal’s EU storage capacity allowing each Advanced Solar Panel to store 16000 EU even when your energy storage unit is already full. That is 160 times increase in storage capacity over the Solar Panel. However in order to maintain top efficiency high voltage* is used to transfer power and therefore should only be attached to high voltage machines. It is also able to output any stored energy at 512 EU/t.
The high quality material means it is very sturdy and there is 0% chance that it will break when moved with a wrench. So say goodbye to huge solar flower farms and say hello to this new efficient renewable energy source. Disclaimer: Unfortunately this efficiency comes at the cost of requiring much higher grade components and you may have to sell a kidney to make an advanced solar flower array.
*Note: EU is a measurement of voltage and amperage combined. The engineers have simply designed the Advanced Solar Panel to output at a high voltage with little amperage. This why it needs high voltage lines even though normally it will only output at 11 or 1 EU/t.
R = Reinforced Glass, C = Carbon Plate, A = Advanced Machine, F = Glass Fiber Cable, L = Lapotron Crystal (fully charged or completely empty)
R = Reinforced Glass, S = Solar Panel, C = Carbon Plate, A = Advanced Machine, L = Lapotron Crystal (fully charged or completely empty)
In Daylight Storing Power:
WARNING: If you have had a version before 1.2 installed you MUST delete the IC2AdvancedSolarPanel.cfg file in the %appdata%/.minecraft/config/ directory.
- Make sure you go here and grab the latest version of Java.
- Then either put the attached zip file in your mods folder or unzip and put the contents directly into your minecraft.jar file.
- If there is a Block ID conflict with another add on or mod you can change it by going to %appdata%/.minecraft/config/ and changing the ID in the IC2AdvancedSolarPanel.cfg file (open it with notepad).
- If you think the EU generation is too high or too low the day and night output can be changed in the config file as well. Note: The maximum power that can be set for daytime generations is 16 EU/t. The max power generation for night time is 8 EU/t. Using values higher then these will result in these max values.
- Now Compatible with IC2 version 1.15
- Default generation values have gone back to 11/1
- The day and night generation values can now be changed in the config file.
- Bug Fixed – GUI now correctly updates generating number if you block access to the sky.
- Night power generation further reduced (from 4 to 1) due to comments of it being an overpowered item
- Exploit Fixed - works underground
- GUI Upgraded
- Recipe now requires an Advanced Machine
- Night and day power generation balanced (from 11/1 to 8/4) to maintain goal of an average 6 EU/t. Reduces sleeping abuse and makes outputs a base 2 number.
- Now requires a connection with an MFSU. Any low or medium voltage machine will blow up if attached.
- Bug Fixed – title entity is not delete when the block is removed (this leaves cables thinking there is something to connect to)
- Recipe now requires a Lapotron Crystal
- Add recipe to upgrade tier 1 Solar Panels to tier 3 Advanced Solar Panels
- Block ID change to 221 out of respect for another modder since that add on was released before this one.
- Initial beta release
- Exploit - does not require a wrench to remove
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the mod, good or bad.
Code & Sprite – icedfire
I would also like to thank the IC2 team for making the original mod. I would like to thank Nargon for making the MCP patch file for IC2. If anyone else is interested in making IC2 mods with MCP he provided it for download here. I would also like to thank Drashian for making his Charging Bench mod. Once I decompiled that I used it as template to see the hooks in IC2.
Which one to Download?
mod_AdvancedSolarPanel_v126.96.36.199 – Is for IC2 Version 1.0
mod_AdvancedSolarPanel_v188.8.131.52 – Is for IC2 version v1.15