Cable don't connect to nonIc2 machine

• Hi,

I'm on 1.6.4, I use industrialcraft-2_2.0.397-experimental and forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-universal along some other mod in a Private modpack. i'm not a native english, sorry my bad english.

Now to the problem: I use Ic2 cable to connect my solar panel, my low voltage windmill(from compactwindmill) and a low voltage solar array(from compactsolararray) to my batbox, which is connected to a logistic power junction(from logisticPipes).

When The chunk is unloaded, and then loaded again, cables won't connect to my windmill/lowvoltagearray/logisticpowerjunction , but my batbox and my solar panel are still connected with cables.

I ran some test, and it looks like ONE chunk has this problem, not the others. I know the problem may come from the mod who manage the chunk(forge?) rather than you but I beleve I'm not the first to experience this and you may have a solution. Google and the search function here didn't helped me.

it's a recent problem, played for two weeks and saw this since two days only.

Screenshots to explain it better:
    https://gyazo.com/5d578fb05b0213e727c151043e643e8b
    https://gyazo.com/e480a442e36c73a8c30bb0cb54886c5f
    https://gyazo.com/c15f4c52e7d40148d6b5957d5d0d897c
    https://gyazo.com/0ad31e4f604931ebe0e368dd4d554024

Yes, chunks are loaded with a dimensional anchor from immibis core.

Is there a way to keep the cables connected when I load the chunk back(connect to my server)? a file created by the one who manage the chunks? or is there a way to get around this problem? using other mods/blocks/item/... ?

Thx for the time you spend on this.

• Official Post

So all the IC2 things connect properly but all the addon things don't... No idea with this one.

Why are you still using 1.6.4 though, 1.7.10 has more fun things?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Why are you still using 1.6.4 though, 1.7.10 has more fun things?

I suppose not all of the mods in his Private Modpack are updated to 1.7.10, many cool mods are stuck at 1.6.4 as you well know (*cough*traincraft*cough*). I have been tempted to go back to 1.6.4 for Traincraft and some others as well, but I remembered how laggy and Traincraft is even with plenty of RAM on singleplayer and how IC2 had less stuff so I decided to wait for it to update (and still am waiting).

• I suppose not all of the mods in his Private Modpack are updated to 1.7.10, many cool mods are stuck at 1.6.4 as you well know (*cough*traincraft*cough*). I have been tempted to go back to 1.6.4 for Traincraft and some others as well, but I remembered how laggy and Traincraft is even with plenty of RAM on singleplayer and how IC2 had less stuff so I decided to wait for it to update (and still am waiting).

Huu ... lazyness :D and yep some of my mods aren't ported to 1.7.10 :/

I played on 1.2.5 when people had fun with 1.5.2, played 1.5.2 when 1.6.4 was live, I'll wait for 2.0 before moving to 1.7.10 :P

"So all the IC2 things connect properly but all the addon things don't... No idea with this one." This exactly. but ONLY on ONE chunk 8| . I bet thta if I move my stuff to another chunk, it will "corrupt" this one too after a bit of time.

pretty sure it has something to do with chunk loading, forge or chickenchunks?

• Official Post

many cool mods are stuck at 1.6.4

Not as many as got stuck at 1.4.7, or 1.2.5 or beta 1.7.3. They all had much better performance too.

Chickenchunks is known to break things in general, but that's normally entire world corruption level, not just break a chunk. I'd lean towards an outdated version of the IC2 API in a mod that is being used by all the addons, but IC2 itself is using the up to date one internally. The fact it works fine but breaks after a while makes that theory quite unlikely however. How long is a bit of time, it is when the chunk is first unloaded, then re-loaded? World closed and opened again?

Also I never remember anyone having any fun with 1.5.2. There was Redpower, then there was 1.6, nothing interesting or exciting happened in 1.5.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Not as many as got stuck at 1.4.7, or 1.2.5 or beta 1.7.3. They all had much better performance too.

Chickenchunks is known to break things in general, but that's normally entire world corruption level, not just break a chunk. I'd lean towards an outdated version of the IC2 API in a mod that is being used by all the addons, but IC2 itself is using the up to date one internally. The fact it works fine but breaks after a while makes that theory quite unlikely however. How long is a bit of time, it is when the chunk is first unloaded, then re-loaded? World closed and opened again?

Also I never remember anyone having any fun with 1.5.2. There was Redpower, then there was 1.6, nothing interesting or exciting happened in 1.5.

True, there are still many at those versions, but I'd rather call them abandoned than outdated, I mean c'mon, it's been years since that version, heck, I started playing MC in 1.2.5, and only discovered mods a few months later (before 1.3.2 though).

• Official Post

True, there are still many at those versions, but I'd rather call them abandoned than outdated, I mean c'mon, it's been years since that version, heck, I started playing MC in 1.2.5, and only discovered mods a few months later (before 1.3.2 though).

You merely said they were stuck, it is irrelevant whether abandoned or just slow to update, they are stuck where they are until they are updated. And it doesn't really make a different to how long ago it was to a version, outdated is outdated. Heck, the only reason 1.7.10 doesn't count under that too is because 1.8 is still a mess. Generally, more than one version before the newest Forge/Modloader version I count as outdated.

I see this too much.

• You're saying that Chicken chunks may be the one behind my past world corruption? If you can explain it a bit further I am interested

about the cables:

First I placed my windmill&solar array&logistic junction... I placed my machine and it worked fine for 2 weeks.

then since last week, everytime the chunk is unloaded the cables disconnect from the non-ic2 mods.

to make them connect again, I have to break and put back the block. breaking the cable doesn't help a bit.

about the "I'm sure it will corrupt this chunk abfter a bit of time": It worked for two weeks, so I assume that if I move my stuff to the next chunk, I'll have 2 weeks before it breaks again?

1.5.2 was my first time with a lot of mods, so to me it was the best version ever :whistling:

Edit: If chickenchunks deals with world corruption, removing it now may help? or I need to create a new world?

• Official Post

Chickenchunks does things it shouldn't really do anymore, and so it tends to break more than it used to. Once it does though the corrupted chunks are normally screwed to the point where they either reset themselves or need their region file to be deleted for the world to load again.

It's disabled in Infinity Evolved for a reason.

I see this too much.

• well

chickenchunks has been removed. no sign of cable disconecting from machine yet.

will continue monitoring this issue for a bit but it seems that chickenchunks was the problem.

Edit: Arhg. there it strikes again. not solved at all