Some preliminary announcements of the fifth generation of the foxes AKA Kirara 5.0:
- Modpack will be available for testing sometime during next weekend and server start will be aimed to be at June 30th after a week of testing and forming teams etc.
- World generation will be with Bettergeo combined with COG for ore generation using custom made scripts. Bettergeo will be mostly responsible for the rock selection (layers) with vein rocks from PFAA while ores are generated based on a combination of PFAA and GT ores. PFAA ores look nice and blend into whatever rock they occur in but some needed ores occur only in GT. PFAA rock looks rather ugly compared with bettergeo which also does an awesome job with the rock layers.
- Ore generation is based off not only world/planet and Y-level but also surrounding layer rock and biome, making prospecting and finding ores needed early game easier, but higher tier ores will be more harder to find. There are 9 tiers of rocks with a gradual increase in difficulty. Planets from AR or GC whichever will be used, will have a different distribution of ores, with each planet being more suitable for some spefic ores while not for others, but will also be tiered so later tier planets have better/more ore. The outherlands on the overworld will also gradually have better ore generation.
- Stone hardness will be increased for most layers to incentivize caving more early game, as well as incentivizing making better drills and jackhammers, however limestone which occurs in the top layer will be left alone so it won't be frustrating early game to make stuff out of stone.
- Ore and crushed stack size reduced to 16
- Mob difficulty will be increased based on distance from spawn, but mob loot will also be improved in proportion to it, as well as ore generation. Roguelike dungeons and dungeons of doom will be added which spawn more difficult mobs than otherwise.
- There will also be additional mobs from Grimoire of Gaia, Lycanite mobs and special mobs tweaked to be hard requiring late to endgame equipment.
- With the removal of TC and IHL I am to replace some of the useful items in these using my own IC2 addon. It already has a fully usable wand of equal exchange replacement, rechargable with EU. Other items I intend to replace include IHL pump and traveller boots.
- Any of this is still subject to change but the probability is slim. If you still want to have a last say in mod selection or other details on this modpack contact me or Bloody on Discord to get in on the hidden Kirara channel on Discord, or else use the IRC channel. Also any help with the tweaking and testing would be appreciated.