What I just created?

• Hello to all,
    I am very new to new Nuclear Engenering in IC2 and in new wireing system in IC2, but relying on my old exp. in IC1
    I created this ---> My Reactor

It's giving 140 EU/t

And here some srceens:
    http://imageshack.us/f/12/20110925151519.png/
    http://imageshack.us/f/190/20110925151636.png/
    http://imageshack.us/f/849/20110925151646.png/

So please tell me is it ok? Or I need to change something?

P.S. I have a one more problem, How can I transform from glass wire to HV wire? MinecraftSquid (yeah I'm noob)

Quote from Alblaka

Teh ULTIMATRON 5000 super-efficient, no-risk, never-cooldown-ned, breeding-integrated, never-hungry reactor

• About the reactor, i'm not going to make the calculations right now but i can tell you right now that both HV and glass wires support HV(up to 512 EU/t), but HV wires can also support EV(up to 2048 EU/t). You need no conversion from one type of wire to another. You only need conversion between different voltages, which isn't the case here until you want to use that with your machines.

Anyway, i don't think it's a safe reactor unless you have a cooldown timer.

• Oh yeah, I see...
    As I was away my reactor it almost melt! =(
    Can somebody suggest me reactor layout for 5 chambered one that will be safe and will give constant energy?
    Coz I really don't understend anything in Mark I or Mark II EC and else... MinecraftSquid
    Please help

Quote from Alblaka

Teh ULTIMATRON 5000 super-efficient, no-risk, never-cooldown-ned, breeding-integrated, never-hungry reactor

• Well, you should look at the recently updated Nuclear Reactor wiki page, it has all the information well-organized and as simple as possible.

Mark I's are the safest. Mark V's are "just to prove that reactors can blow up".

Breeders are something completely different, they can help you get more uranium cells from each uranium ore.

There are many reactor designs on these forums. You should look for Mark I's until you can understand how reactors work.

• Ok thank you so much! :thumbup:
    But I have 2 more question:
    1. Can I make like 4 cores of Mark I (the safest right?) and combine energy from them into one MSFU and have more energy from that?
    2. And I really don't understand the new system of wire tiers and conversion... any suggestons? pls... ;(

Quote from Alblaka

• About the wiring, you can look here (technical explanation) or here (wiki). About the reactors, Mark I is safest, yes. You can use a batbox if the reactor output is up to 32 EU/t, MFE up to 128 EU/t and MFSU up to 512 EU/t. If you want to know how to use transfromers, read here (and the other 2). Remember to apply redstone to the tranformer if you want to transform to a higher current.

• Thanks very much!
    But (oh really again?) I have one (last, I hope) question:
    Can I do like this:

Reactor...... Reactor...... Reactor
    Glass Fibre ......Glass Fibre ......Glass Fibre
    Glass Fibre ......Glass Fibre ......Glass Fibre
    Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre Glass Fibre MFS-Unit Glass Fibre

Will it take all energy from 3 reactors and charge MFSU? (Or batbox or other)

(and sorry that I taking your time, I so - MinecraftSquid )

Quote from Alblaka

• Yes, it will. EU will travel from the source to the reciever, it won't simply split anymore. That's why you don't have switch cables.

• also just so you know after 10 minutes your reactor will explode it is in no way safe and a mark V

• I'm making now 4 Mark I-I Class C-4
    So it's going to produce 80 EU (20+20+20+20) (yes?) and I only need to change uranium cells
    So it's going to be almost as cool as mine but won't blow up my world after 10 minutes MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper

Quote from Alblaka

• Hey thanks! That's so cool!
    But can you explain me please what I made wrong
    1 Reactor gave me 20 EU
    2 reactors were gaveing me 17 EU
    3 reactors are giving me 18 EU

Whats wrong?! (All reactors are MK I-I C-4 type)

Quote from Alblaka

• You should ckeck if the energy storages are full or if your EU loss is too much.

If none of those, you should post screenshots of your setup.

• Yeah I use gold cables
    So they too bad?

Quote from Alblaka

• Yep, new wiring system is misleading.
    The best metal cables in terms of EU loss are tin ones. Downsides - max packet size is either 3 or 4eu/t (idk, 5 is too much, windmill only outputs 3), can't put isolation on it, so you will be shocked if you're inside 1.1 block radius from the cable (walls don't matter).
    For others - see http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…hp/Cable#Cable_Efficiency

tl;dr version - the only good cable is fibre, copper and tin for low voltage/low range, gold and HV are useless right now. And remember that you can send infinite small packets over one cable to one device.
    i.e. - you can wire 32 solar panels to one batbox, then make 4 solar flowers and simultaneously send power from all 4 to another batbox.