[Patch][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels + GraviSuite Fixer

• Official Post

I got bored with all the issues with Gravisuite and Advanced Solars having broken recipes, and although there are many ways to fix them, there are other underlying issues in Gravisuite like most of the items having broken localisation, it hacking it's way to get key bindings instead of using the rather convenient IC2 API functions and the missing texture issue of block_side.png.png. It was good enough as time as any to use ASM, so I made a "simple" one class mod to fix them.

To install it, just place the (ASP + GS) Patcher.jar in the mods folder, along with Gravisuite and/or Advanced Solars (or neither, it won't crash but also won't do anything). All the recipes using components that should expect damage value 1 now do, as well as fixing all the localisations to be correct, such as item.itemCoolingCore.name (at least as correct as the lang file goes). In case that wasn't enough, there should be no issues getting the IC2 mode switch, alt and boost keys, especially if changed after a world has been loaded. The Sonic Launcher's name is also hardcoded for en_US to fix that too, you can translate it into your own language and add it to the lang file as item.sonicLauncher.name, although it seems a little WIP so you're not missing out if you don't. The relocator block has the double .name fix applied as well (or should do at least), and the texture fix for it.

Any bugs or crashes that involve Advanced Solars or Gravisuite should be reported here if you've got the mod installed, as anything wrong with the ASM will still have a stacktrace from those mods. There is also the chance that there are other bugs anyway, and I can always (try) fix them if I can replicate them ;)

ASP + GS Patcher changes the Advanced Jetpack + Nanosuite so enabling hover mode no longer causes you to fall (like IC2's jetpack).
    Patcher will fix them exactly the same, just without that change. Take your pick with one you'd rather have.

For those wanting to use it in Modpacks:
    If it's a private pack, have fun, optionally tell your fellow pack users how in awe you are of the patcher. If you're not though, that's fine.
    If it's a public pack, saying you're using it in the thread is nice so I can get an idea of where it's being used, but you don't have to explicitly ask my permission to use it. And you too can optionally tell your pack users how in awe you are if you want to.

It is also now on Curse , if you'd rather get it there.

• Thanks! Happy to see GraviSuite is alive again. Same for Advanced Solar Panels. Will it be okay if I'd use the fixer in my public modpack?

• Official Post

Will it be okay if I'd use the fixer in my public modpack?

It certainly is, nice to see it being used

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Does this work with ic2 classic? I am getting an odd error when I use this mod. My minecraft says: Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system. Mod Id:File name ChocoPatcher : Minecraft..jar Yes there are TWO dots in minecraft..jar totally makes no sense. Anyways thanks for the hard work.

• Official Post

Oops, do you have Binnie Patcher too? I may have forgotten to change the mod IDs after I changed the name...

EDIT: Fixed in newest version of Binnie Patcher

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Great work! It's really cool to see someone fixing those two mods :D
    Two questions though:
    1. Would it be possible to fix the Vajras Mining Level? Currently, when Iguana's Tinkers Tweaks is installed it's mining level is set to Tin and can't even be changed/corrected with its' Override config or MTUtils (a MineTweaker Addon that can change Mining/Harvest Levels) wich kinda makes it useless xD
    2. Does this also fix the 0 EU/t issue of the Molecular Transformer (Adv. Solars) ?

Anyways thanks for creating this mod :)

• EDIT: Fixed in newest version of Binnie Patcher

Unfortunately this still happens for me with v1.4 of BinniePatcher. I have installed both patchers, and LiteLoader.

EDIT: fixed in v1.5. Thanks :)

• I am confused with installing this. I put the .jar file in the mods folder and nothing changed.

What do you mean by this:
    "To install it, just place the Patcher.jar in the mods folder, along with Gravisuite and/or Advanced Solars"

Do I have to download more files from a Gravisuite and Advanced Solars mods?

Thank you!

• Official Post

You just have to make sure that you have at least one of Advanced Solars or Gravisuite in the mods folder along with the patcher otherwise it can't do anything.

I see this too much.

• It seems that the latest FTB Infinity Evolved no longer works with your Patcher? When I try launching the game with it I get a error saying this:

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
    You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system
    Mod Id : File name
    BinniePatcher : minecraft..jar

Any help would be nice, thanks.

• Dear Chocohead.

I would like to inform you that me and probably also players are really greatful for fixing few issues in Gravisuite and also that I am going to use the Patcher in my public modpack available on FTB called InfiTech 2.

Thank you

• Official Post

I fixed that a while ago in Binnie Patcher but Infinity Evolved is still using an older version.

I see this too much.

• First Binnie now This? You are beyond great!

If you do not mind I would like to use this in my Modpack Nox Eternus (About to go public)

• I fixed that a while ago in Binnie Patcher but Infinity Evolved is still using an older version.

I fixed that a while ago in Binnie Patcher but Infinity Evolved is still using an older version.

Still getting the same problem. Using either fix in this thread (tried both seperately), binnie patcher 1.8 (latest from curseforge) & binnie-mods-2.0-pre14.jar

• Official Post

Still getting the same problem. Using either fix in this thread (tried both seperately), binnie patcher 1.8 (latest from curseforge) & binnie-mods-2.0-pre14.jar

It should definitely still work as I test them together (and Liteloader make sure I've not broken that compat either) before releasing one.

I see this too much.