Installation error (need help)

• Yes I've read the FAQ's installation section. I've installed the latest version of forge and have already placed the JAR file into the mods section. Now when I launch the 1.8.9 forge profile WITH IC2 in the mods folder, it gives me this instant crash:

• Now when I launch the 1.8.9 forge profile

Your crash report seems to be missing, but it isn't necessary here. Last I knew, the IC2 developers had decided not to make any builds of IC2 for Minecraft 1.8.x. Where did you read otherwise? If you want to run IC2, roll back to Minecraft 1.7.10.

• Official Post

Your crash report seems to be missing, but it isn't necessary here. Last I knew, the IC2 developers had decided not to make any builds of IC2 for Minecraft 1.8.x. Where did you read otherwise? If you want to run IC2, roll back to Minecraft 1.7.10.

It would've most likely been a class not found exception for cpw.fml.something.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It would've most likely been a class not found exception for cpw.fml.something.

Close. I tried it a moment ago just to see the actual error message from deliberately attempting to run IC2 with MC 1.8.9, and got:
    [08:45:26] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:99]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/relauncher/IFMLLoadingPlugin

• Official Post

Close. I tried it a moment ago just to see the actual error message from deliberately attempting to run IC2 with MC 1.8.9, and got:
    [08:45:26] [main/INFO] [STDERR]: [net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler:setupHome:99]: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/relauncher/IFMLLoadingPlugin

The more you know.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.