ic2 april fools joke...its no longer april!

• ok i was very happy to see ic2 had been updated to 1.8.9, figured with ic2 and buildcraft now being available it may well be time to get back into minecraft and try 1.8.9, i rented a server and created a pack. Using the new JEI (replacement for nei) i went to find the recipies...couldnt see some so i went to the curseforge page...no info it redirected me to this forum where i see a massive post about the update being an april fools, yes you got me, i didnt think anyone would go to this much trouble, and being over a month from april fools i think you will find a lot will be fooled about it....may be time to take it down though!

• The update is not an april fool.
    The update is available and mostly working.

The update is not an april fool.
    The update is available and mostly working.

I was going to ask if your sure but i see that you are a dev,

Ok the recipies for basic machine casing dont show in jei... the next logical step for a player like myself is to check the location of the mod for documentation, in this case the curse forum...there was no documentation on the page but saying a link to this forum....the first post on the forum you see regarding 1.8.9 declears it to be an april fools hence this post. So since its not an april fools can i suggest a new announcement ? so the top one is not the april fools, i have no doubt others have come here for recipies seen the post and backed off.

Also can you link me to the recipies/info for the 1.8.9 build?

• Official Post

All the normal crafting recipes work, it's just the machine recipes that don't show in JEI.

But in this instance the Basic Machine Casing recipe hasn't changed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

IC2 crafting recipes should show in JEI. The machine recipe part isn't done yet, mainly, while I'm waiting for the JEI guys to add a feature, that is semi-required for the machine recipes.
    Just out of curiosity:
    Where did you see "the first post on the forum you see regarding 1.8.9 declares it as an april fool"?

• IC2 crafting recipes should show in JEI. The machine recipe part isn't done yet, mainly, while I'm waiting for the JEI guys to add a feature, that is semi-required for the machine recipes.
    Just out of curiosity:
    Where did you see "the first post on the forum you see regarding 1.8.9 declares it as an april fool"?

When you get directed from curse (on my phone so can't link) it takes you to the main IC2 page you see announcements and since your looking for 1.8.9 you eye is drawn to the first post. It also pops up as the main link when Googling

I would also like to apologise for my tone in the op, I really thought I had been duped.