Questions about cables

• So I read somewhere that cables can only accept up to a certain "voltage" (not understanding what that means in IC terms) before they melt. Then, I read somewhere else that this feature had been removed and that "voltage" had simply been reduced to the amount of EU travelling through a cable section, while these no longer melted when subjected to too much current. Yet again, somewhere else I read that this was no longer the case and it had all been reversed (?).

First question: what is the state of development regarding cables, after all? What does "voltage" mean, is it still active, do cables still melt and, if they do, when do they melt?

Second question: what is the correct recipe for glass fibre cables? Is it the one on the main Wiki page? Are there more?

• Official Post

Cables work for moving EU but currently don't fry if the EU through them is too high. Voltage does exist, but it's not really relevant as the e-net is a work in progress, the EU-Reader is about the only thing that uses it at the moment. If you get the Uncomplication addon then it will start working again with voltage being the biggest packet of EU, so that if a CESU outputting 128 EU/t went through tin cables that have a limit of 32EU/t the cables would fry.

The wiki page for Glass Fibre cables has the (sole) correct recipe, the Cable page about all of the cables has the old ones.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Cables work for moving EU but currently don't fry if the EU through them is too high. Voltage does exist, but it's not really relevant as the e-net is a work in progress, the EU-Reader is about the only thing that uses it at the moment. If you get the Uncomplication addon then it will start working again with voltage being the biggest packet of EU, so that if a CESU outputting 128 EU/t went through tin cables that have a limit of 32EU/t the cables would fry.

The wiki page for Glass Fibre cables has the (sole) correct recipe, the Cable page about all of the cables has the old ones.

Alright, thank you very much. Bonus question: what to do with Stone Dust besides making CF Powder? I have a ton lying around and I do not intend to use it for CF. Is there a way to turn it into stone or cobblestone or something?

• Official Post

Alright, thank you very much. Bonus question: what to do with Stone Dust besides making CF Powder? I have a ton lying around and I do not intend to use it for CF. Is there a way to turn it into stone or cobblestone or something?

Apart from putting it in the recycler, no, it's just used for CF stuff.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Actually, if you consider addons, there are a few other options:

If you're willing to face the abyss known as GregTech 5 Unofficial (I haven't played GT6 enough to know what you can do there), you can use stone dust for making concrete or drilling fluid.
    There's also the Iridium Mod, which as a side bonus allows compressing stone dust into brick items (with no textures last I knew), which can be crafted into the "stone bricks" block.
    You could probably also set up a Minetweaker script to allow compressing stone dust back into some form of stone.

• Official Post

I never considered those. Although the stone bricks still don't have textures over a year since they were added.

I see this too much.