What is the highest heat someone has gotten in a liquid reactor?

• Official Post

I've looked through several forum posts to best design my reactor, and I appreciate all of the notes in getting things optimized. Thank you all!

I also FINALLY got enough lead to get a liquid reactor to produce more EU than a non-Liquid reactor of same construction... but this leads to my question.

How high has someone gotten their liquid reactor's heat in a stable design? A good fully built reactor shell design can pull 3200 heat per tick from a reactor. I will eventually use a 6 efficiency design, so I only produce 1330 or so. Does someone have a design to make more than 1350 heat using Vanilla IC2, not Gregtech?

Care to submit your design?

• Official Post

For reference, I am attaching a screenshot of my reactor shell plan. I'm not trusting myself to turbines yet, so this is LHE (Liquid Heat Exchanger) -> Stirling. 2 HU = 1 EU.

The plan has a "corner" of liquid reactor vents; thus you can attach 3 LHE to each corner, saving Lead use. I have a tank to catch the cold coolant return from the LHE. Haven't tried swapping things to use 1 tank total and more LHE's yet. I also realize you can probably double the capacity by filling in the space between with more of the same, but I can't generate heat for what I have!

EDUCATION:

My setup for ejector / puller:
    Liquid Vent 1 -> Ejector
    LHE -> Ejector
    Tank -> Nothing
    Liquid Vent 2 -> Puller

And a cross section would be like this, with coolant flow:
    LV1 LV2
    v ^
    LHE > Tank
    Stirling
    |
    MFSU

• Official Post

Whilst adding the coolant injectors, estebes managed to emit something incredible like 16,000 HU/t from very hot quad MOX rods, but I don't have the screenshot lying around of that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

25*6 = 150 sides. Assuming 2 sides per heat transfer (hot Coolant out / cool coolant in), the max per-tick heat transfer would be 7400 HU/tick after subtracting one for redstone and access port. How close but under can someone get to this number, in a sustainable reactor? I would be ok with "14,999 on, 50% of the time" or "7499 on all of the time" or something in between.

EDIT: I realized you could possibly get up to 4 out / 1 in if set up right, or even more with pulling to a tank and splitting out. I am not going to try to max this out to that degree; I'm not even sure I will do something with 7500 heat to begin with. I still want to know what someone can come up with for close to 7500 heat per tick.