[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• subject to the SMP:

Looking for a Co-Developer for make the Mod SMP ready and support and bugfixing in the area.
    If you are interested send me a PM...
    (experienced in SMP and Java thread important)

• I really am starting to like where this addon is going but as i mentioned i think before in another thread the one thing that is kinda stopping me from getting it is the over complicated GUI. I would suggest finding ways to have the setup define many if not all of the settings of your gui. The easiest of which would be to have seperate blocks for dome and wall mode (subwater can just be a background feature especially if it replaces any water blocks it removes when it's turned off). Then from those two you could upgrade into either the shield that hurts or the covert version that can camouflage as other blocks.

The other idea would be to have some sort of array/scaffolding thing to define the size of the wall or dome generator. Perhaps something like a buildcraft pipe that ends up filling whatever space between them with the field when it's connected to the generator.

For example:

That way you could not only set how big it is but how far away it is, how offset, etc. Obviously from there you can simplify it down by removing pieces like the top bar, or reducing it to just needing to define the 4 corners. For that matter if you pulled off some fancy modeling you could probably come off with some pretty cool field emitters that define the corners. Just have them sitting inside the generator when you first place and open it's gui.

After all this is said and done you could probably get away with a simple 2 slot GUI (one for emitters/scaffolding and to put in batteries and one for what you want the field to camouflage as) with plenty of room to do stuff like a graphic for the capacitor and a little thing showing how much energy is being used.

• @ daedroug

The GUI is much too complex, I agree with you 100%.
    On my todo list is a change-planned

A division into three different machines sounds intressant

The idea with the fence as a boundary intresant sounds but is currently 180 degrees from my programming approach. 'll Rewrite it but keep in mind when

• Cool as long as your headed in that direction i'll likely be getting it in the future. and just to be clear the way i described it would actually basicly be 6 different blocks. 2 for wall and dome, 4 for upgrading either into a covert camo or harming field.

• I'm working on currently or the long way to 2.0:

Step 1 (in nexxt Version) Separation between the Generator and Projector.

Generator: Convert EU into [FP] Field Power :rolleyes: and Storage than.
    1 Field Power == 1 ForceFieldBlock per second
    The generator is transferred within a specific radius, the energy of the projectors

Projector: first step in the original Forcefield protector
    connect automatically to the nearest projector
    required to activate Redstone and enough FP in the generator

Step 2: (planned) modular system for Generator und Projector like Nuclear Reactor

Generator: Range Update Block
    FB Storage Update Block

Projector: Mode Update blocks ( Wall,Cube,..)
    property Update blocks ( Defence, Block, Hologramm).

• Hey I really love the add-on but I can't seem to remove the projector with any wrench... I've tried the normal bronze, the electric and even the buildcraft one, I have you're latest IC² (1.23) and yours thad is compatible with the 1.23 IC²
    I also deleted the older one and the config of the add-on.

thanks in advance ;)

• Hey I really love the add-on but I can't seem to remove the projector with any wrench... I've tried the normal bronze, the electric and even the buildcraft one, I have you're latest IC² (1.23) and yours thad is compatible with the 1.23 IC²
    I also deleted the older one and the config of the add-on.

thanks in advance ;)

Was the projector on or off?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Any luck on finding a co-developer for the SMP portion? Kind of sad this aint SMP hehe. I feel this prob the most beneficial mod for SMP vs SSP.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I currently build at version 2.0. This has support from the beginning SMP.
    Version 1.0 of the code is so chaotic that a SMP is not possible afterwards.

First previous SMP comes in a few days ... (Very Basic Field block only ...)

• I currently build at version 2.0. This has support from the beginning SMP.
    Version 1.0 of the code is so chaotic that a SMP is not possible afterwards.

First previous SMP comes in a few days ... (Very Basic Field block only ...)

Okay thanks for the information. I don't know a ton about your mod but I have been looking for a mod that does the following. Field Generator that causes an unbreakable barrier but uses lots and lots of power. Needs some kind cap you don't want people increasing the field by like 1000x1000 thing around critical systems like for example reactor. Wonderful ANTI griefing PVP Mechanism.

Few questions:
    Could it stop a nuke blast from entering?
    Could people some how get past the barrier in anyway? (legit)
    Is it possible create a bubble well mathematics and calculations and cpu usage a squared in area?

What I would love to see and this was the dream fetish mine since I saw something about field generators and such. Create a small PVP server with a border and I already have this because I use the bukkit port but anyways. Every man for themeselves. No rules pretty much besides no hacking. People need to survive and not die and pretty much end game is to get a large field generator around your base. Making you not die and comfort in your home... UNLESS it goes down due to poor energy going to it etc... But the part I want is not like the old IC where generates and you can damage this is perm protection.

Think this is possible? Does this sound fun?

Few questions:
    Is it possible create a bubble well mathematics and calculations and cpu usage a squared in area?

The ForceField is in Version > 1.0 Nuke blast save... i use it to run Nuclear Reaktors in my Home :D
    In Version 2.0 i will add a Item to past the Barrier.
    ^^ i plan a cube and bubble Mode :)

• Wrench doesnt work from any angle even if its on or off.

Version install Mods ??

I've just tried using the download version 1.1. Beta 001 and it works.

• The ForceField is in Version > 1.0 Nuke blast save... i use it to run Nuclear Reaktors in my Home :D
    In Version 2.0 i will add a Item to past the Barrier.
    ^^ i plan a cube and bubble Mode :)

I assume when you mean item past the barrier I guess for owners of it so they can enter and leave from it. Anyways thanks so much this going make an amazing PVP Server as long as it can be resistant to all damage from outside of it.

• [quote='Thunderdark',index.php?page=Thread&postID=17581#post17581][quote]Few questions:
    I assume when you mean item past the barrier I guess for owners of it so they can enter and leave from it. Anyways thanks so much this going make an amazing PVP Server as long as it can be resistant to all damage from outside of it.

Tested, it will resist double nuke blast, with nukes set to 180
    but, it will not block the explosion player dmg so you will die but a small price to pay it still protects blocks perfectly :D