[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

As for the force field not protecting blocks 'fast' enough when, say, a nuke explodes, for dirt/stone underground and so forth. Doesn't ModLoader or Forge have a hook to let you get block remove events? If so, you could just listen for those, if the position matches a position in a hashmap of one that you want a forcefield to be then just instantly place a forcefield there. Would that work?

Would also make it so if someone breaks a force field block with some type of admin tool then it would instantly regenerate as well, preventing such a person from getting in as well.

If there is no such hook, then by gurn-it submit a patch to Forge to add it!.

have you installed the mod and tried it once before you've written the post :?::?:
    It is not my goal to be safely Nuke. On SMP servers, 99.9% are forbidden.
    for the projectors, there is a "Projektor Hardner" upgrade now makes it even safely against IC2 Nuke.

• Release Modular Force Field Projector V2.0 DEV 008 for Client and Server

:Force Field: :Force Field: Feature freeze !!! :Force Field::Force Field: New modules only again with version> 2.0. !!!

If from you until the weekend no errors are reported insert of real recipes and transition from DEV -> BETA

--->> Please I need feedback <-----

So I know that no messages can also be good messages but a little feedback is always nice

Please post:

:thumbdown: I do not like it (complete/module)

:thumbup: I like it (complete/module)

• While I do figure this is an Error on my end: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ic2/api/IWrenchable is the error I get upon running my client. Your mod is currently the last mod to load.

Full ModLoader.Txt (Well as much as I can...):

• LordVe

Modloader MP is outdated, as is Industrialcraft. I do not know if modloaded MP is an actual problem here, but I know only version 1.23 of industrialcraft has the "wrenchable block" data type API thinggy.

So update those two mods and it ought to work.

• author please check your addon conflict GUI with Advanced Machines V2.1.
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…7145&highlight=#post17145
    why? because sometimes when I open up your blocks. instead of your GUI visible GUI Advanced Machines .... but it does not always happen from time to time ... it's very strange. well that neither the client nor the server does not crash. this is a glitch in the SMP. thanks for the mod:) and what makes ForceField Inhibitor Upgrade as I did not understand where to put it?
    Sorry for bad English

• Blocks in Minecraft use these ID's so you can change the config file.
    In SMP also have GUI's own ID. I use ID 40-45 ... AdvMaschine 40-42 that is the problem. Change in the ModularForceFieldProjector.cfg the ID's would then appear the error no longer ... I'm looking for the beta with new ID's.

Tip: ForceField inhibitor Upgrade only run with the ForceField Cube projector. Set Mode 2 and radius> 10 .. and then try to create a different force field in the Sphere.

• thanks for the help all did)) and tell me to learn GUI? to use a block ID Resolver. and what to use for GUI?
    and here is a list of mods that I use just in case, that would in the future, not conflict:) I hope that the protective shield can be opened as it was in IC1, and that it will do damage:)

• Blocks in Minecraft use these ID's so you can change the config file.
    In SMP also have GUI's own ID. I use ID 40-45 ... AdvMaschine 40-42 that is the problem. Change in the ModularForceFieldProjector.cfg the ID's would then appear the error no longer ... I'm looking for the beta with new ID's.

Tip: ForceField inhibitor Upgrade only run with the ForceField Cube projector. Set Mode 2 and radius> 10 .. and then try to create a different force field in the Sphere.

Awww. Why cant it work with spheres as well? I know exactly how It is intended to work.

Also, does it properly reduce the energy cost of the second force field?

(actually, Can a cube projector make a sphere? Because I am not sure if you mean a *real* sphere, or a minecraft sphere with your second statement there)

• Ranakastrasz

in Beta i have rename Cube Projektor to Area Projektor :D

And Yes he can make Hollow Cube and Minecraft like Sphere real circular ;)

I will make videos of all components when the BETA is released

• WOW.

Unbelievable.

Going to have to try making double-bubble atlantis shield now or something, I mean epic...

At least one small suggestion, is, The tube projecter needs a few extra options. Namely, Offsets, as well as the ability to have it project not with itself in the middle, but rather at one end, or slightly (variably however) beyond the end, with it facing the tunnel. If I want to make a door, I have to place the tube projecter really close to the place I want the door at, and hence it is quite visible, Andunless I want to have equal doors on both sides, which both always open at teh same time. So vertical offsets would be nice there as well.

Also, Is it possible, To do some evil, with the hardener function, where you save the ID of the block it replaces in the field block, and Replace it when the field deactivates? If that is possible, Then I wonder if some *evilier evil*, where you use the same Texture for that part, would be possible. Only issue would nautrally be non-standard sized objects, such as fences, chests, and doors, which I suppose you ought to just destroy anyway. (Can you make the destroyed blocks dropped?

Lets see....
    it apperas that when thwaking the force-field with your fist, it tends to give a ton of particles off. If I actually use a drill, and I imagine any other tool, it uses energy up. However, unlike Ic1 fields, If I knock a hole through the ceiling(requried teh ban-hammer in IC1), It seems to not allow me to drop through (Somehow I managed to lock myself outside my own field, again XD) which I would like to discover how that is the case. Depending on how you did that, Is it possible to make it so that it drains the battery faster when you are punching the force-field (faster with tools, faster still with electric tools, and at an actual reasonable rate with a nano-saber), and possibly as well when someone piles about 20 nukes next to it? (assuming that doesn't just go through the field anyway, I wonder if the death is due to Alblaka's Evil radiation, or something, since blocks were untouched)

Found a bug though. The Exclusion effect seems to stick sometimes, I think I caused it by making a cube and a tube (for a door), Then adding the exclusion effect (while both were on) via the upgrade. This worked fine, until I turned the cube field off, and removed the upgrade (the tube did not suddenly extend, even if I removed it, or removed and readded it)

Last thing is that Tube fields ought to be also able to use both the Water-removal upgrade,the range extender upgrade, and the inhibitor upgrade.

• Release of the beta version

renamed in Modular Force Field system because it is a kit and not a part

Have fun testing problems please report! THX!

At least one small suggestion, is, The tube projecter needs a few extra options. Namely, Offsets, as well as the ability to have it project not with itself in the middle, but rather at one end, or slightly (variably however) beyond the end, with it facing the tunnel. If I want to make a door, I have to place the tube projecter really close to the place I want the door at, and hence it is quite visible, Andunless I want to have equal doors on both sides, which both always open at teh same time. So vertical offsets would be nice there as well.

Partially implemented in Beta 1 the rest comes later

Also, Is it possible, To do some evil, with the hardener function, where you save the ID of the block it replaces in the field block, and Replace it when the field deactivates? If that is possible, Then I wonder if some *evilier evil*, where you use the same Texture for that part, would be possible. Only issue would nautrally be non-standard sized objects, such as fences, chests, and doors, which I suppose you ought to just destroy anyway. (Can you make the destroyed blocks dropped?

Fixed in Beta 1 (destroyed blocks dropped) i check it

Found a bug though. The Exclusion effect seems to stick sometimes, I think I caused it by making a cube and a tube (for a door), Then adding the exclusion effect (while both were on) via the upgrade. This worked fine, until I turned the cube field off, and removed the upgrade (the tube did not suddenly extend, even if I removed it, or removed and readded it)

Fixed in Beta 1

Last thing is that Tube fields ought to be also able to use both the Water-removal upgrade,the range extender upgrade, and the inhibitor upgrade.

Water-removal in Beta 1. inhibitor upgrade is already built in Tube Projektor

• In the new version I cannot for the life of me get the inhibitor to work. I tried attachinh it to the core, one projector, both projectors, all three, but I cant get it to work. What is the requirement for it's function again?

Edit: Actually, I no longer think I got the inhibiter to work before at all. It appears that the tube fields actually place a solid Rectangular prisim, all of them do, then it removes the insides of them, Meaning that they will nicely intercet, always. Since I hadn't before tried to combine two area domes, and never used the tube without the inhibitor on the cube projector before, I do not think I even know what It was intended to do.

• I just did some basic testing in SMP.

The mod does seem to mostly function. The EU injector was working, I tested a couple of projectors and they worked, and the core worked.

A large dome consumed 110 EU/tick which seemed about right.

Now, things that didn't seem to work :

Neither the Inhibitor, nor the dome, nor the subwater upgrade seemed to do anything at all. I tried placing them next to an area projector, above one, below one....nothing seemed to happen even when I turned an area projector on and off. The hardner upgrade DID work...my client crashed when I used it, but it didn't crash the server and the items dropped properly when I logged back in.

Things I worry about : every tick, is your mod checking every single block along a shield? How else does it know when you break a block where a shield should be? I didn't seem to experience any performance difficulties, but this is on my local test server. I worry greatly that this will lag my main server.

Also, I discovered that if you break a projector in creative mode, the shield is now permanent and cannot be removed. You can't break the shield blocks in creative mode, and putting a projector in the same spot and turning it off and on doesn't work either. This is a relatively minor issue.

• Looking at your code, it looks like you only create the field ONCE when you power up the shield, updating the generator every 10 ticks. However, there's something called "forcefieldworldmap" that does something I have yet to figure out, but there's a loop that does stuff with that. It seems to somehow iterate over some or all of the shield surface to be sure there isn't a gap. And the shield blocks themselves will create new ones on neighboring block updates. It does like you made a reasonable effort to take performance into account, I'll have to carefully analyze your code line by line to be certain.

ok I have a bug in calculation of the field ... The debug will take a bit is the most complex place :(

Ok Version Beta 2 is ready to download...

for all who are interested have a small server to try to run

IP: 81.169.168.10
    30 Slots
    Mod instal only IC2 and this

Send my a PM for OP rights..

• I just tested it on your server. So far, so good. All of the addon blocks work now.

MAJOR BUG FOUND :

If you find a shield guarding something you want to break in to, you can easily break in with 2 minutes work.

1. Just set up a batbox, an area shield, and an inhibitor upgrade.
    2. The frequency of the area shield does NOT matter
    3. Turn on the area shield. It will cause the shield that it overlaps to vanish. Now you can just sprint on over (before the batbox runs out of power) and get inside.

I just tested this on your server. The fix is simple : a shield with the inhibitor upgrade should NOT be able to inhibit another shield if that shield is on a different frequency. Then someone could still break in, but they would have to guess one of 9999 possible shield frequencies.

Limitations

1. The subwater upgrade removes water permanently if the volume removed is large enough. If you log in and see, I have permanently removed the ocean. The fix for this would be to save in a separate file the exact coordinates of every source block that the subwater upgrade removes. That way it would put things back exactly as they were.
    2. You made it so that none of the projectors or generators can be damaged or touched with anything but a wrench. You could just map the onBlockRemoval() event so that if a projector or generator is ever broken, it calls the same code that you call when a generator runs out of power or has it's redstone turned off. This would make is so that generators can be destroyed in PvP, and also so that if an admin accidentally removes a generator in creative mode the shield blocks won't remain. Look in BlockMultiID.java in src\Minecraft_server\ic2\common

Suggestions :
    1. Allow adjustment of the EU requirements for the shield in the config file. I do feel that you have the balance just about right, but some people would want to tweak this
    2. Add a variant of the shield block that has a BLACK texture. Add an addon block called a "fog of war" addon. It would use a recipe with squid ink in it. This makes the shield not transparent to light, and would make it so that players who are using a texture hack will not be able to see your base.
    3. Ask Alblaka to add this mod to the normal codebase for IC2. It is really well done even with the problems above, and it would be awesome if it were throughly debugged and tested by the IC2 beta testers, and it had sound effects. It could also use recipe tweaks.