[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Thank you for the testing

Yup, I'll fix was provided so the tube - the projector has been working so he will not open a passage when the frequency is different.

1. The subwater upgrade removes water permanently if the volume removed is large enough. If you log in and see, I have permanently removed the ocean. The fix for this would be to save in a separate file the exact coordinates of every source block that the subwater upgrade removes. That way it would put things back exactly as they were.

hm is a subwater upgrade not InWater upgrade :rolleyes: I write on the list of "nice to have" Version > 1.0

2. You made it so that none of the projectors or generators can be damaged or touched with anything but a wrench. You could just map the onBlockRemoval() event so that if a projector or generator is ever broken, it calls the same code that you call when a generator runs out of power or has it's redstone turned off. This would make is so that generators can be destroyed in PvP, and also so that if an admin accidentally removes a generator in creative mode the shield blocks won't remain. Look in BlockMultiID.java in src\Minecraft_server\ic2\common

On the To Do List

1. Allow adjustment of the EU requirements for the shield in the config file. I do feel that you have the balance just about right, but some people would want to tweak this

will be installed until the end of the beta

2. Add a variant of the shield block that has a BLACK texture. Add an addon block called a "fog of war" addon. It would use a recipe with squid ink in it. This makes the shield not transparent to light, and would make it so that players who are using a texture hack will not be able to see your base.

Part of the Hologram Projektor Upgrade plant for Version 1.1

• Will you add an interface to the Frequency-paster thinggy, As well as make it paste to the core, instead of copy?

Also, Can it be allowed to disable, for the ~3 seconds, the force-field in a 3x3 AOE around the point clicked?

And on that, I think I have a bug. The field blocks, If you have one in your cross-hairs, and in range, are unable to right click with anything. So you cannot place blocks, and unless out of range, cannot fire the mining laser.

• When the force field blocks are indirectly placed they can only be removed via an inhibitor.(such as when, in the demo world, the inhibitor demo replaces the test projector's field blocks)
    Another bug that I'm not sure is in the current version(though I think it may be): when 2 force fields overlap, the overlapping area can only be removed via an inhibitor. (in earlier versions you had to use an external program or just leave your fake adminium there)

• not a bug is a feature :D is to prevent because of the blocks would be placed on the force field a little unrealisticsch. For example, a torch

• When the force field blocks are indirectly placed they can only be removed via an inhibitor.(such as when, in the demo world, the inhibitor demo replaces the test projector's field blocks)
    Another bug that I'm not sure is in the current version(though I think it may be): when 2 force fields overlap, the overlapping area can only be removed via an inhibitor. (in earlier versions you had to use an external program or just leave your fake adminium there)

That sounds like version Beta 1. Please take the current Beta 2.

• not a bug is a feature :D is to prevent because of the blocks would be placed on the force field a little unrealisticsch. For example, a torch

Im not so sure. After all, You cant place torches on glass, but you can easily vaporize it at Point blank range with a mining laser, so Its apperently not that hard to do. I just think that being able to right click there ought to be possible, since it does interfere with certain other actions as well.

• 1. The subwater upgrade removes water permanently if the volume removed is large enough. If you log in and see, I have permanently removed the ocean. The fix for this would be to save in a separate file the exact coordinates of every source block that the subwater upgrade removes. That way it would put things back exactly as they were.

Or just make it so that if the blocks above the shield are water source blocks it fills everything below them with source blocks. Thus essentially refiling with water when the shield goes down and I can't think of any funky sideffects this may cause.

• Hey Gadget, did you fix the inhibitor overlap bug? If you didn't, the shield is worthless in SMP. The bug is this : one shield can inhibit another shield if the first shield has the inhibitor addon, and frequency doesn't matter. The way it is supposed to work, you cannot inhibit one shield with another unless you match frequencies precisely. The tube projector already works like this, so look in your decompiled source how it does it and apply the same check to the area shield and it'll work.

This mod has a few bugs, but that's the only showstopper that prevents wide deployment of the mod. Fix this bug, and the shield will actually be able to secure bases against intrusion by players.

• Gadget : then can you add a config file option to disable the crafting recipe of inhibitors? That would be pretty trivial..

Just find the part of the code where it creates the config file, add one more variable. Make the part of the code that parses it scan it and set a boolean flag variable based on what it finds. Make sure the flag initializes to "true" when you declare the variable. Add an if (variable_flag){ } around where the mod declares the crafting recipe for inhibitors. Players would no longer be able to "take" inhibitors from the crafting grid.

Sheesh, the fact you're able to port mods successfully means you ought to be able to do this in 5 minutes and have it compile and work the first try without errors.

• interesting fact: i know vary little about java, but i always seem to get my ports to work, the reason i started porting was because the main porters "Mayeanie, MucCK and Conraad" where abit over there heads when i found there post, so i started helping people, and then i started porting mods. so the truth of the matter is, i do not know how to make/modify mods, but just to port them. i will also be porting this mod once it is stable, if of course, you allow me permission to.

• in your video:P I see that you broke or make somithing like this on the force field ,so you should try to hit it again whit the hardener. mayby it take lees energi ma repair itself? I don't have the mod instal and I'm waiting it for 1.0 so I can't try :(

• Inhibitor : nullifies any force field within the boundary of the force field that the inhibitor module is installed on. The detector tells you if a block is affected by an inhibitor field or not.

The hardner causes the field to destroy any blocks in the way of the shield blocks, so if you are using the area shield it will form a complete cube or sphere around the generator.

The hardner is a crucial upgrade if your goal is true protection against griefers.

• STOP .. The mod is still BETA. In the state I wish no port

GadgetTvMan: If the crude bugs are removed, it will please me on a port.

BrickedKeyboard : wait for Beta 3, the inhibitor of the SMP makes it very useful

Direwolf20: "you have a mail" The inhibitor tells you if the area in protected by an inhibitor

Beta 3 will fix a lot of bug and chance the Inhibitor system.
    After the internal test Iwill publish it...sooonn

• I hope that the forcefield has an upgrade that hurt you when you touched it like the last version. Also it would be cool if it killed any mobs within the forcefield and then prevented mobs from spawning inside. (or make some kind of glowing forcefield.)