[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Thunder, I ported version 4 to bukkit. I'm still testing it (I'd like to use that map you have for testing so I can quickly check everything) but for the features I have tested, it has worked perfectly.

I had to make very small changes to make it work with bukkit. So small that I hope that when you see how easy compiling it for bukkit is, you can compile it with your original source code and make a bukkit release a standard version. Essentially there were 4 changes : some tweaks to the order of instructions in your core mod file, changing net.minecraft.src to net.minecraft.server with find and replace, making references in your code explicit, and changes to NetworkAPI_Server because bukkit has slightly different names for things in 2 places.

The decompiler made a mess of your source code, and without comments, it was a stressful experience. While I have it working this time, I don't want to maintain a bukkit port unless I have access to the real source code and comments.

I'll have it released here and I'll give you an exact description of all the changes I had to make within 24 hours, assuming I don't find any huge bugs.

• Bug Found : the MFDevice crashes the CLIENT in the Nether.

It does NOT crash the server.

WEIRD...it only did it the first time. Have to file that under intermittent bugs.

After some more testing (in the Nether since I know you recently added multi-world support, so I figured that if it doesn't crash in the nether it is going to work) I could not find anything wrong. I have to say, having peeked at the wall of code you have written, I am pretty darn impressed that it works so well now. This mod has been improved immensely since you started.

• Lazaruz

use BlockID between 0-255.....

Tried to but instead of an error report it closes automaticly so I have no idea what causes it right now.

+ I have'nt the slightest clue on which ID's are unused and will work if I assign them to

Anyone here who know what I'm doing wrong? As allways, any help is greatly appreciated since I'm realy itching to get this to work.

• Tried to but instead of an error report it closes automaticly so I have no idea what causes it right now.

+ I have'nt the slightest clue on which ID's are unused and will work if I assign them to

Anyone here who know what I'm doing wrong? As allways, any help is greatly appreciated since I'm realy itching to get this to work.

Use ID resolver. It will show you what IDs are in use. OR, just GUESS...try 3 block IDs somewhere between 120 and 200. Unless you have 10 mods installed, odds are you'll find free IDs within a couple of guesses.

• tried using standard ID resolver but it just seemed to break more stuff since I got a perpetual black-screen.

Tried the forge version however and it seems to have done the trick and had it auto assign ID's for this mod and it works like a charm except Minecraft being a bit slower on start up but considering the ammount of mods I have installed it's perfectly acceptable.

Thank you so much for the help and once gain, this is a great mod.

:)

• Produced on SSP

Clicking the 'choose block' key assignment while pointing at an active field block crashes to the black 'saving chunks' screen.

Thanks for an epic addon! :thumbup:

MinecraftCow

• Right so the new bukkit thingie is running smoothly on my forge/redpower/buildcraft/IC2/bukkit server (I had to change some annoying block ID's but everything seems fine)

The client is another matter: It crashes horribly.
    Now I changed the block ID's in the client as well and considering that the server is running that should not be a problem.
    And it isn't because I 'asked' modloader to only load IC2 and the modular forcefield mod and it still crashes horribly.

This is the report modloader gives me (the report from minecraft itself flashes by to fast to read)

Java confuses the hell out of me so if anyone can please help me :P ... That would be amazing, I've read that a lot of people made this mod work so I have no idea what's so different here with me.

• Right so the new bukkit thingie is running smoothly on my forge/redpower/buildcraft/IC2/bukkit server (I had to change some annoying block ID's but everything seems fine)

The client is another matter: It crashes horribly.
    Now I changed the block ID's in the client as well and considering that the server is running that should not be a problem.
    And it isn't because I 'asked' modloader to only load IC2 and the modular forcefield mod and it still crashes horribly.

This is the report modloader gives me (the report from minecraft itself flashes by to fast to read)

I am not certain of the cause of this error, however, you can download the client I use at brickedtechnology.blogspot.com and use it. You'd have to adjust IDs and so forth, and remove the mods that I have, but it would work.

• Thunderdark : I found a bug that I think is client side. If you equip an MF device in a multiplayer server, where there are other players who are NOT right next to you (that is, they are outside the chunk loading range), and then right click the MF device to switch modes, it crashes all other clients on the server.

That is, you don't crash, and the players that are next to you don't crash. Only far away players crash. The server does not crash.

The error message states that an invalid packet was sent and references this mod. I suspect you need some sanity checks in the client for processing packets with MF device changes in them, and the bug won't happen.

• On SMP, I was attempting to make a lava-entrance. I first used a tube projector, which worked with no problem. I then removed the tube projector and set down a deflector in it's spot. Any time I attempted to interract with the deflector resulted in my client crashing, and the server saying: Failed to handle packet: java.lang.ClassCastException: net.minecraft.server.mffs.TileEntity_Tube_Projektor cannot be cast to net.minecraft.server.mffs.TileEntity_Deflector_Projektor

This happened multiple times.

I then removed the tube projector and set down a deflector in it's spot.

the error is that the tile entity is not deleted on the client side.... i will fix it...
    Hotfix: put something else on the spot with gui e.g. Workbench and then replaced with the new Projektor :whistling::whistling:

• the error is that the tile entity is not deleted on the client side.... i will fix it...
    Hotfix: put something else on the spot with gui e.g. Workbench and then replaced with the new Projektor :whistling: :whistling:

D; Any time somebody gets close, it crashes. I can't put anything down to fix the error, either.

Thunderdark : I found a bug that I think is client side. If you equip an MF device in a multiplayer server, where there are other players who are NOT right next to you (that is, they are outside the chunk loading range), and then right click the MF device to switch modes, it crashes all other clients on the server.
    That is, you don't crash, and the players that are next to you don't crash. Only far away players crash. The server does not crash.
    The error message states that an invalid packet was sent and references this mod. I suspect you need some sanity checks in the client for processing packets with MF device changes in them, and the bug won't happen.

ok because I have a presumption but I must put on a sever....

• Found a weird bug.

I have computercraft and when i start typing some word this appeared:

Code
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.KeyboardEvent(mod_ModularForceFieldSystem.java:298)
    	at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:1129)
    	at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:16)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:738)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:658)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  • I am not certain of the cause of this error, however, you can download the client I use at brickedtechnology.blogspot.com and use it. You'd have to adjust IDs and so forth, and remove the mods that I have, but it would work.

Many, many thanks for allowing me to use your server as reference ... I erm, 'dissected' (for science of course) it and learned quite a bit ^^, including the solution to my issue. Don't worry, I won't steal any of your amazingly modded stuff. Thanks again!!

• Hi, First off i want to say that this is a great addition to IC2.

Secondly i want to inform you that i have possibly found a bug in the Pre5 version. When you destroy any of the Projektors, they do not drop Frequency Card that was inside of it. Now this is not a crutial thing, just more of a pain in the butt when you have to craft a new one if you forget to remove it before destroying the Projektor.

~spocane~

Hi, First off i want to say that this is a great addition to IC2.

Secondly i want to inform you that i have possibly found a bug in the Pre5 version. When you destroy any of the Projektors, they do not drop Frequency Card that was inside of it. Now this is not a crutial thing, just more of a pain in the butt when you have to craft a new one if you forget to remove it before destroying the Projektor.

working on the beta 5pre2 (SMP) .. 'll let the cards drop ...

• Is it possible to configure the Area projectors to generate a cube with a maximum radius of 32 instead of 30?? Minecraft is built around the number 64 and I keep falling short in the areas that I want to protect. ^^