[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Hey, we we're just testing this mod out since we're running a Tekkit server and its a good mod, but we had to disable it since the power cost of the forcefields were way too low. could you add some way to edit the cost of the generators in the files?

also, id like to suggest a forcefield generator where you have to place 2 blocks that then generate a forcield in between? where you could then place another 2 above that could extend the height of the forcefield.

• You're right, it's Thunderdark's, but it still requires the Immibis Core to run if I'm not mistaken!

Edit: I've got it running on the server, but can only craft items (focus matrix, cards, etc.). Any of the blocks just don't seem to be craftable.

Edit: I removed Immibis Core from the server and client and it runs the same, so I guess I don't need core. Still can't craft any of the blocks ;(

Can you post the mods installed so that thunderdark can easily figure it out when he arrives.

• Hey, we we're just testing this mod out since we're running a Tekkit server and its a good mod, but we had to disable it since the power cost of the forcefields were way too low. could you add some way to edit the cost of the generators in the files?

also, id like to suggest a forcefield generator where you have to place 2 blocks that then generate a forcield in between? where you could then place another 2 above that could extend the height of the forcefield.

about the EU cost of the shields, its already in the config files named:

forcefieldblockcost=1
    forcefieldblockcreatemodifier=10

and your suggestion about a forcefield generator, i think your talking about a forcefield that would look like a gateway or something? that would look like this: ( :Coal Chunk: = shield, :Tesla Coil: = generator)

:Tesla Coil: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Tesla Coil:

but i think that can already be done by using a single generator with projector module <wall> then putting focus matrix on the left and right slots of the cross interface.

• Metalearza suggested I post the mods being used: I'm rocking Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.152, IC2 V1.97, and Computer Craft 1.33 (which includes CCTurtle 1.33). I have IC2 and Computer Craft in the mods folder for the server. Forge's files were thrown directly into the server jar, and that's all worked correctly for more than a month.

I was doing some testing earlier (client-side) and tried adding the MFFS files directly to the top layer of the IC2 jar and starting a single-player game but I had the same problem (Can only craft items). This is the first add-on I've tried for IC2, maybe I'm missing something easy?

edit: grammar :D

• Metalearza suggested I post the mods being used: I'm rocking Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.152, IC2 V1.97, and Computer Craft 1.33 (which includes CCTurtle 1.33). I have IC2 and Computer Craft in the mods folder for the server. Forge's files were thrown directly into the server jar, and that's all worked correctly for more than a month.

I was doing some testing earlier (client-side) and tried adding the MFFS files directly to the top layer of the IC2 jar and starting a single-player game but I had the same problem (Can only craft items). This is the first add-on I've tried for IC2, maybe I'm missing something easy?

edit: grammar :D

i cant seem to figure out the problem your experiencing now, i tested it and it works fine for me. by the way im using multimc application in installing mods. it makes installing easier on client side.

• have you weakened the explosion resistance of the machines?

machines have a explosion resistance of 50F this is not much but you need more then TNT ;)
    because SMP PvP they should not be too easy to destroy

makes installing easier on client side.

copy mod.zip to mods folder ist not easy ;)

• machines have a explosion resistance of 50F this is not much but you need more then TNT ;)
    because SMP PvP they should not be too easy to destroy

copy mod.zip to mods folder ist not easy ;)

how about weaken it to 25F? XD i did an experiment and the machines are hard as the reinforced stones.

copy mod.zip to mods folder is easy, but copying certain mods to the minecraft.jar is confusing, especially the order of the copying tends to confuse most people but luckily im not one of them XD. and using multimc, it automatically makes backup for the minecraft.jar incase you messed up the order of the instal. XD

• i cant seem to figure out the problem your experiencing now, i tested it and it works fine for me. by the way im using multimc application in installing mods. it makes installing easier on client side.

I downloaded MultiMC 3.1 for Windows and was unable to get the game to run at all. I dropped computer craft and just loaded forge (under the minecraft.jar tab) and then IC2 and MFFS (under the /mods tab). Game starts just fine but I am still unable to actually craft any blocks. I'm going to go get fresh copies of all the mods in case I got some bum-version.

Edit: I threw on TooManyItems and can place the MFFS blocks, and see their GUI's and everything. I spawned myself the items needed to craft some of the upgrades and the force generator block, and nothing. I can still, however, craft the blank cards. I made a fresh crafting table, thinking they may have been bugged, but still nothing.

• I downloaded MultiMC 3.1 for Windows and was unable to get the game to run at all. I dropped computer craft and just loaded forge (under the minecraft.jar tab) and then IC2 and MFFS (under the /mods tab). Game starts just fine but I am still unable to actually craft any blocks. I'm going to go get fresh copies of all the mods in case I got some bum-version.

have you tried using NEI just to make sure the recipes appear? or some mod that displays the recipes of certain items

• have you tried using NEI just to make sure the recipes appear?

I have not, but that would involve, ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and Forge (some known compatibility issues there). I tried the patch yesterday to get those 2 to play nice and did not have much luck, so I really don't want to do that. How could the blocks be available, but not the recipes? I tried some easy ones like the stack of FocusMatrix or the SubWater upgrade (which I know I am doing correctly) and the output square from the crafting table is empty. I moused-over and clicked on it to make sure it wasn't just the graphic being buggy.

• I have not, but that would involve, ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and Forge (some known compatibility issues there). I tried the patch yesterday to get those 2 to play nice and did not have much luck, so I really don't want to do that. How could the blocks be available, but not the recipes? I tried some easy ones like the stack of FocusMatrix or the SubWater upgrade (which I know I am doing correctly) and the output square from the crafting table is empty. I moused-over and clicked on it to make sure it wasn't just the graphic being buggy.

wanna try my minecraft.jar file? and by the way i thought you said the blocks arent craftable? why did you said:
    'I tried some easy ones like the stack of FocusMatrix or the SubWater upgrade(which I know I am doing correctly) and the output square from the crafting table is empty.' those two are items right?

• You're correct, in that those items didn't work, but I think I may just be an idiot. I got RecipeBook working and started clicking around. I'm going to do some experimentation at home (I've been messing with this off and on at work today). metalearza, I think you may have solved this for me inadvertently, so I thank you for that. I'll be back on here if it decides not to work on my home computer.

• You're correct, in that those items didn't work, but I think I may just be an idiot. I got RecipeBook working and started clicking around. I'm going to do some experimentation at home (I've been messing with this off and on at work today). metalearza, I think you may have solved this for me inadvertently, so I thank you for that. I'll be back on here if it decides not to work on my home computer.

oh really? good to know then, i tried fresh instal here with just forge,nei,ic2 and MFFS and it just works fine. i think you just confused some stuffs with other. anyway thunderdark released a new version so we just have to enjoy it then. XD

• I have not, but that would involve, ModLoader, ModLoaderMP, and Forge (some known compatibility issues there). I tried the patch yesterday to get those 2 to play nice and did not have much luck, so I really don't want to do that. How could the blocks be available, but not the recipes? I tried some easy ones like the stack of FocusMatrix or the SubWater upgrade (which I know I am doing correctly) and the output square from the crafting table is empty. I moused-over and clicked on it to make sure it wasn't just the graphic being buggy.

OK, first point: ModLoader/MP are both included in forge. You need forge for ic2 :P. Realized that? You just trolled yourself. I'm going to pick a bone with ChickenBones, though because I believe that his post is misleading.

Second point: Thunderdark, where's the server version of the beta5pre3?

• You know what Graypup, I don't think I like your tone. (jk) Also, ya, when I said "I think I may just be an idiot" that was one of the revelations I came to, along with the fact that I had actually attempted to craft one of my MFFS "test items" incorrectly. I'm such a good troll, I actua.... No, I just derped it up today :whistling:

• Is it intentional that the forcefield provides virtually no protection vs explosions (especially nukes)

Nukes blow through the MFFS field like it isn't even there.

• Is it intentional that the forcefield provides virtually no protection vs explosions (especially nukes)

Nukes blow through the MFFS field like it isn't even there.

is not yet balanced will be change in Beta5 release ...soon..