[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I don't know there is kind of 2 sides to this. One where if you maintain your field and buffer it well you should be able to last 10 of nuke strikes right now. The only way it fails if you really pissed the shit out of someone. The way ICBM works is its just another day and another target. I really say if we do decide to go into this realm we need to let server admins have more control on settings from how much Energy a hit things do and etc. On my server its more of a vanilla have fun (Frontiers Server) But I don't want people just blasting people out the sky daily just because they can because they will. We want people to be able to have some kind of control and know that their protected.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• calclavia

add in IForceEnergyCapacitor

// draws Force Energy from Capacitor (Default 50%)
    // config option drowsOnEMPMissileHIT = 50
    // if 100% Forcefield turns off until enough Force Energy available
    public void EMPMissileHit();

so everyone can decide what he wants..

• Sexy. Since I finally in my little LP Series got the MFFS up and running I noticed rain is annoying as hell and comes insides. Has this always been the case and is there any hooks to prevent rain particles coming inside? I was not sure if this was a result of making the blocks into portal blocks or not. If it is possible don't just do it make it an option card ;) Kind nice to earn that feature hehe

• just got this when trying to open the MFFS Extractor while connected to a cable that is connected to a mfsu

edit: just breaking it and placing it again fixed it weird

• I found an error
    which can prevent that other people benuzen the MFFS Extractor
    So you can not click on it

// German

Ich versuche es mal in deutsch zu erklären da es mir leichter fällt

Als der Bug ist das wenn einer eine MFFS Securty Station baut und halt alles Sichert mit einer "Master Card"
    die anderen bauen zB neue Stationen die die MFFS EU erzeugen doch sie kommen ans interface nicht ran ob wohl keine karte drinne ist

hoffe das ist besser erklärt

• Is there anyway to change the power requirements in half or more? I found it a bit to much power for a small server that's going end up wiping at over 200mil EU of power in just 24 hours for a 30x30 cube plot.

On Avg runs 117.92 EU/t so actually my math seems almost exact hehe 203,765,760 per 24 hours :)

ahh seems like forcefieldblockcost= does it but you can't set any 0.value nor 001 or something silly it seems to only accept 1 and more :P

So after testing this mod out on my server we come up with the following issues:
    1) It uses a bit to much power for a server that intends to use this at property protection and sort of has to use it.
    2) The forcefield can be easily exploit in many ways especially lag block breaking the shield.
    3) Breaking the forcefield and placing a nuke inside it will become a very common practice since you can do this even with a smooth connection to a server.
    4) The mob killer feature not sure if it is intended for farming mob drops or that was a by product but it can cause a lot of item drops overtime if you cover a large area.

Suggestions:
    1) Let us configure the power usage using decimal values.
    2) Do what bukkit and most protection mods do. Prevent other players from breaking and building inside a protected area. I mean its suppose to be protected anyways right so why allow them to have 100 ways to exploit it. Rather then be a game of exploit let it be a game of nuking down the shield hehe.
    3) Same as 2 and there is a ton of source code out there with examples of this kind of protection. Don't forget spawn is protected like this all you do is prevent block placement. Now you might have issues with mods like RP and such but even them I think can work inside if you can tell the difference between a player and a machine hehe.
    4) Add the ability in the config within the shield to prevent mobs from spawning :)

These are some of my ideas I guess at this point the mod is fun but is way to exploitable and not fun in the way that it just ruins all other fun heh.

If I can at least cut down the power say 10x and it sounds like a lot I can setup a 2nd forcefield and place it like 6-7 blocks outside the first one. That will help prevent the breaking and placing of 2 nukes.

Edited 2 times, last by Kane Hart ().

• Kane as far as I know, it's impossible to do what bukkit does and prevent block modification because it requires the modification of base files. Unless you can get every single Forge mod out there to use your block protection methods, mods will simply bypass this rule.

• I don't think I care much about mods bypassing it then I do about players actually bypassing the blocks. See right now with a iff 4 pick you can hammer through the force field like candy. I guess maybe the optional thing is to make it so the forcefield blocks are as hard as they can be to prevent people just breaking and placing blocks inside with lag.

Kane as far as I know, it's impossible to do what bukkit does and prevent block modification because it requires the modification of base files. Unless you can get every single Forge mod out there to use your block protection methods, mods will simply bypass this rule.

• Hopefully you be willing to take a look at this video since I suck at explaining things in words but a bit of a bug report/suggestion video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BQyBEIZoJ0

Nice Video :)

1) make ForceFields Blocks Harder "done"
    2) add config option for Foricium WorkCyle "done" Default: Forcicum = 125, Block of Forcicum = 1125
    3) energy consumption: i see you problem ...in your config you are wasting 90%+ of the Power.
    use more than one extractor per Capacitor and less booster... booster == faster extractor == need more more Power

1 ForceForce Block use 1 ForcEnergy / sec // Value in config
    a 64*64*64 Cube need 24,576 ForcEnergy / sec
    24,576 ForcEnergy = 12,288 EU / sec
    12,288 EU / 20 = 614 EU / tick == 3 HV Solar Array + MFSU buffer....is that really too much for the largest shield ??

• My tests are failing on me hmm:
    9 Extractors (none) (Waited till this was full)
    1 Capacitor (none) (Waited till this was full)
    1 Projects (Cube, 32 / 64 distance)
    Cubes:
    32*32*32:
    422 EU/t (4000+ ticks)
    64*64*64:
    1448.1 EU/t (5000+ ticks)

It must hate me but its for sure not working on my end right. Anyways even nerfed in half you will always have them admins <-- Who will always want more control over it hehe.

EDIT: I also wanted to add I could not actually see a mathematical differences from a bunch of extractor boosters and none.

Edited once, last by Kane Hart ().

• Offer: to time one Extractor pass need 4000 EU and generate 8000 FE
    add a Option "ExtractorPassForcePowerGenerate" default = 8000
    you can set it to 80.000 and have you 10time lower power use

• Version 2.1.7. Beta20

new Beta for You ...it is slowly getting round need more Feedback from Server Admins

add new Config Options Kane Hart;)
    add Forcefield Damage if try to destroy
    add ghost blocks disappear when you click on
    change network code
    fix needless data transfer in sMP
    fix crahbugs
    fix Securty Bug

• Sweet thanks :), I can't wait to play around with this tonight!

• Okay here is my test on 2.1.7.0.20

- ExtractorPassForceEnergyGenerate=80000 (Makes it 10 times less cheaper in EU Costs and I think that's how its suppose to work so that does work)
    - Smacking the forcefield gives a nice damage and this might be a good time for GregoriusT to send some code but he had this weapon he made for GregTech and it would remove all the power out of the suits on contact. I think that is almost cool since people with a full set take 0 damage. A silly idea anyways maybe :)

Thanks so much! I'm very happy :)

Also future good news :) https://github.com/MinecraftFo…31588d01ec814d830c1a470a0

Edited once, last by Kane Hart ().