[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

change: MFFS Capacitor Options Slot (Range, Capacity) now fix <---(nerf to range upgrade to 80 or the begin this is issue (max range 152) ?

nerf to 80 .... if need more you can cascaded Capacitor

i dont see in the change log the new funtion (copy function of the card in the hand when you do right click in the machine with blank card inside)

hm..is not in i add it v.24

Edited once, last by Thunderdark ().

• Thunderdark lmao I love the new Defense Station but I think its not overpowered but it needs some kind of warning. Maybe and this might make it to overpowered not sure but I love the energy usage I mean I don't want to eat more power but I almost think there should be some kind of way to warn the user if there near it. Because at this point the second you go into the area your items all drop and you take damage. What it should be is maybe 5 blocks outside of that so 37 blocks it does half damage warning with no items dropping saying you entered a restricted area.

Also what about another player coming outside my lot and building a forcefield bigger then my land. Has that ever been tested lol? Sounds messy I wonder if there is a way to check the security of the fields to prevent it from happening lol.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I, too, was curious of a way to prevent players from setting up a field right outside someone else's Bukkit protected area and in turn, blocking access to their own area.

Is this an issue? (Haven't actually installed/used the mod yet on our server)

• Another issue we ran into Thunder and I'm not sure if there is a way to fix this unless you have a database file or something. The security Station has no range as far as I know right? Well what happen was I walked outside my base near one of my Area Defense like 300 blocks away and the fracker owned my ass. I don't think it was suppose to but it seem to maybe lost connection with my security system. Not sure really what happen :(

I would hate to find out I would have to place a security system beside every single station planning to do about 30 of them around my land lol.

• Kane Hart

Also what about another player coming outside my lot and building a forcefield bigger then my land. Has that ever been tested lol? Sounds messy I wonder if there is a way to check the security of the fields to prevent it from happening lol.

If you projector use the ForceField Jammer Upgrade the other projector will burn out.

The security Station has no range as far as I know right?

right but Area Defense Station need Power and Powe have a max range of 80

Defense Station / security Station are on my List for redesigne in 2.1.8 or (2.2.8 <-- MC 1.4.*)

@llandontc

Bukkit for MC 1.3.2I do not support officially...also time not my problem ;)

• Got the following crash report when adding ExtrabiomesXL to the game with some other mods installed. I don't know of any incompatibility between this and EBXL, but at the bottom it says something about MFFS, so I decided to post it here.

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind, I just noticed that there were some block IDs overlapping which wasn't shown in the stack trace (at least I didn't see it there).

• I am having issues with this mod installed next to buildcraft. some of my buildcraft items (not blocks) are getting overwritten with mffs items.

here is the error:

Here is the MFFS item config:

Here is the BC item config:

Usually I can fix these issues myself. This one, however, has me stumped. Any ideas?

EDIT!
    The forum helped me. There is only one array for storing blocks AND items. Items are stored in itemID+256. (argh why not 4096??) Turns out that item id of the redstone chipset '3817' +256 = 4037, which is also the block id of the MFFSSecurityStation. All of my chipsets got turned into security stations with different damage values... Putting a bug on the buildcraft github.

• v.30:

fix: MFFS Converter accepted IC2 Transformer again
    change: MFFS Converter ForcePower -> EU ratio
    change: MFFS Security Station Recipe IC2 Transporter change to frequency Transmitter

• I have to say i really like the forcilium cell you put in! Its a million times simpler and more useful then my idea. I will say I don't like the square forcilium chunks you get now instead of the dust lookalike. Maybe you can use something like this sprite I made for my spoutcraft server back in the day:

• Getting wrench issues once again:

• Also I noticed that I can only use 9 capacitor upgrades instead of 18 :( Really worried since a lot of players easily have 50 nukes now but this just only helps :P

• Hi there Thunderdark.
    First of all, I'm very impressed with how responsive you've been with adding new features and fixing bugs. You've done a lot over these past few days!

I do have two questions/comments though (Version.29):
    1. UU-Matter does not seem to be entering my Forcicium cell no matter what I do. From Kane's video, it seemed to be absorbed straight from the inventory just like the ore, but that doesn't seem to be happening on my server. I'm not sure if there is something I'm not doing, or if that has been removed or simply changed.

2. As long as I have the cell in my inventory, any Forcicium I gather gets instantly absorbed into the cell. While most of the time this is a major convenience, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the ore back out from it if I want to use it to create a Force Energy Crystal for example. Could you add a way to extract the ore from the cell somehow so I could use the dust in recipes, or, alternatively allow filled cells to be used in their place as well?

Also, I would be more than happy to write up a comprehensive guide to your mod if you don't want to bother with it since you're busy coding away. Just ask.

Thanks for all the hard work mate. We all appreciate it! My server buddies and I are having a lot of fun.

• Mint: THX and am not graphic designer ;) .. comes to my list

Kane Hart: put on my bug list and 9 capacitor upgrades are enough ..one can cascaded capacitor to have unlimited storage

ziggstermusk: looks like a Universal Electricity error ...please use the latest version UE 9.*

Ichorous: while bugfixing you always have ideas to improve what = new Bugs back to the start ;)
    to 1: i will check yesterday it was still...will consider it when back home
    to 2: comes to my proposal List ...at the time was planned to Use Forcecium Cell only in Extractor as resource

i have on Github "https://github.com/Thunderdark/ModularForceFieldSystem/wiki" a very empty Wiki 8)
    if someone is involved in to fill it..I will not refuse ;)

• I was thinking and how about a block that acts like a jammer not letting force field blocks form inside of them, think a nether portal like frame. This would make making entrances into a force field protected area alot easier instead of having to setup another projector with a jammer. I had a hell of a time setting up my base with a mob defense upgrade since I had several pathways leading into or out of the main area.

EDIT: I updated my suggested sprite to have light/dark specks:

• Just want to say some stuff that has been happening on my server:

- Some people finding ways to exploit inside bases and or place blocks inside peoples plot.
    - People can use things like block breakers, Quarry I think someone said, Miner, and even the Railcraft Tunnel Bore to break the fields to exploit block placement ect.
    - People break blocks in the field and place a block like a nuke instantly before the field generates. (Block Breaker Solves This)

So as you can see all the issues are a major problem. Thankfully besides not being able to protect your stuff from block damage/placement period we have one thing and that is the area defense. In a way I find it strong but also weak. I know it sounds odd but this might be something you want to consider letting admins customize a bit more. For example I have over 20 of them places around my area and yet people find ways around it like this example:

I wish I could have a few things:
    - Be able to increase area defense more
    - Be able to some how alert people that their entering a protected area and give them small ticks of damage before dropping all their items on the ground.
    - Actually be able to protect my base without fearing others lol

• Honestly this is more of a problem with you not managing your server properly then the mod itself... If he made the blocks update and replace themselves more frequently then the mod would cause insane amounts of lag. Also why are nukes and other explosives even craftable or placable in the first place unless your using vanilla server. To be honest I doubt theres anything he can do to fix these problems without making the mod a lag monster with block updates and checks. If your running a bukkit server get a plugin like hawkeye or logblock and start banning the retards that are doing this kind of thing. If they cant respect a protected area as private then they dont need to be playing multiplayer anyways. If you using vanilla, your kinda SOL. This mod ISNT a replacement for something like WorldGuard like you seem to be treating it as. Thunderdark is more then welcome to correct me on this but there no real way to fix this without some massive rewrites and effort thats more easily solved by you managing your server better, no offense. As nice as Thunderdark is with trying to implement all our suggestions your taking a tad too far trying to make it into your custom area protection plugin/mod.