[Suggestion] Auto Horizontal Tunnel Digger

• A machine that you set down, add mining pipes, power, ect. It then mines a 3x3 horizontal (or vertical, if you placed from above or below) in the direction you were facing when you set it down, and goes until it runs out of piping (it harvests everything as it mines, but the real point of it is to clear tunnels for large complexes/subways/strip-mining [though if you're using miners, they're probably more effective]).

To make it clear, the 3x3 is centered around the pipe as the center, and the path is created as the pipe drills outwards.

• Yes. Yes yes yes. This would be amazingly helpful in drilling tunnels at 6 elevation and creating tunnels faster than using a drill/pick. :)

• Official Post

How about just using the existing miner and a wrench to change the "output" face? It wouldn't help with the tunnels, but maybe you could put a different OD scanner style device that makes it just dig a 3x3 square.

• has been suggested several times in the past. I forget why it was turned down, but I personally think its a good idea.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]