problems with dual cell?

• Anyone else not able to craft the dual uranium cell?

EDIT: figured it out. had to use JEI, would have preferred to use the wiki for this though. Where's the best place to find updates to the recipes?

• Official Post

Where's the best place to find updates to the recipes?

Probably JEI, as the wiki is only up to date if people keep updating the recipes when they change, JEI is always right for the version of IC2 it's running with.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I've actually found that there is a (albeit documented) bug with IC2 and JEI wherein machine recipes (as in the ones similar to Iron ore into a macerator = 2 crushed iron ore) don't show up in the MC 1.8.9 version(s). I saw somewhere that there is a certain feature missing in JEI in order for the IC2 team to add the recipes, but that post/whatever it is was a long while ago. Is there any known workaround for those recipes to appear?

The great thing about a boolean
    is that if you are wrong,
    you are only off by a bit.

(Unknown)

• Official Post

Not really, no. Machine recipes had to wait for JEI to have the fix, and nothing really could be done before that was added (which it was done, but in 1.9.4). You could always ask Mezz nicely to see if he'll back port it, but it's unlikely given how old 1.8 is now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Yeah, I would update to MC 1.10.2, but I like Thaumcraft too much... once that updates, I'll be on the latest MC! Until 1.11...

The great thing about a boolean
    is that if you are wrong,
    you are only off by a bit.

(Unknown)

• I did notice that JEI doesn't really show any of the machine using recipes or only a few. Is this a known insufficiency for which we're waiting for him to update JEI?

• Official Post

There's two ways GUIs are made in IC2 internally, one uses XML files (that can be modified by resource packs) which makes JEI support quite simple, and the other is closer to how Minecraft normally does it (that can't be modified via resource packs) which requires JEI recipes to be made manually.

Doing them manually is a bit of a pain, and ideally all of them will be able to use XML files eventually, so that's why only certain machines have JEI support. Most of the main ones do have it though, it's only slightly more obscure things like the fermenter that still need it.

I see this too much.