[solved] Need help with the superheated steam part of fluid reactors

• Hi there,

we're playing on dedicated server with latest 1.7.10 IC2 build (826). Currently I'm having problems with superheated steam.
    When I use steam all is ok (50EU/t) but then I use superheated steam it is exploding when I have more than 40HU/t coming to the steam generator. Values: 221bar and 1mb/t water.
    I searched the forum and tried to add an condenser next to the steam generator but then all the steam goes to the condenser and nothing to the turbine so the condenser next to the steam generator isn't a solution to this.

When I have a turbine and a condenser next to the turbine it's generating EU (10EU/t while the steam generator get's 40HU) but this is not optimal. As soon as I add a second turbine the steam keeps "exploding" and the second turbine doesn't get any steam.

So my question: How's the optimal setup after the liquid heat exchangers and which upgrades do you use? I've fluid ejectors inside the turbine and condenser. When I add a buildcraft pipe the first turbine ejects steam to the pipes instead of the second turbine.

Any help is much apreciated.

• Official Post

The condenser needs to be touching the turbine which is taking the steam in, not the steam generator itself. Basically with Steam Generator -> Kinetic Steam Generator -> Kinetic Steam Generator, the condenser needs to touch the second kinetic steam generator. The produced distilled water will need to be pumped out of both the kinetic steam generator and condenser otherwise they'll stop and you'll get steam explosions from the steam having nowhere to go.

Each 1mb of superheated steam also needs 200 HU/t otherwise the boiler won't be hot enough to produce it and you get steam explosions at the first kinetic steam generator (as it doesn't have a condenser touching it, but shouldn't need one if you're only using super heated steam), due to it getting normal steam along side super heated.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Each 1mb of superheated steam also needs 200 HU/t otherwise the boiler won't be hot enough to produce it and you get steam explosions at the first kinetic steam generator (as it doesn't have a condenser touching it, but shouldn't need one if you're only using super heated steam), due to it getting normal steam along side super heated.

This may be the reason! I didn't tried to use 200 HU/t as it began to explode when using 60 or 80 HU/t. I thought because the turbines have fluid ejector's the water won't be pumped into the turbine. Thank you, I'll try it in a hour at home. :thumbup:

• Yes it was it. 200HU and it's running stable.

My approach was to slowly increase the amount of steam. Haven't thought the water get's into the first turbine. Many thanks Chocohead.

• Official Post

No problem, the whole steam system is quite confusing without some helpful tips ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.