[IC2 Exp][1.10.x] Gravitation Suite v3.0.0 - The last of the three

• Official Post

Hello boys and girls! Our scientists are glad to present you the latest advanced scientific development !!! After UFO falling near to Roswell, New Mexico, in June or July 1947 we are engaged more than 65 years in reverse engineering. There were numerous attempts to reproduce the gravitational engine of aliens, but until 2016 they were unsuccessful. And now after long years of research we represent you our new development a gravitational suite, based at alien technology.

And now we are proud to present to you:

UltimateLappack (based on our advanced development in the field of power and properties of iridium in combination to superconductors).
    Tech specification:
    - Energy storage 60 000 000 EU with a maximum transfer rate of 100 000 EU/t
    - Tier 4 (so can charge and discharge only in an MFSU), good for using as portable storage.
    - Visual indication of activation mode and charge state! (See screenshot at spoiler. You can change visual indicator energy state placement in config file. Hud position is: 1 - topleft, 2 - topright, 3 - bottomleft, 4 - bottomright.)

GravitationChestPlate (Based on the latest gravitational engine and UltimateLappack).
    Tech specification:
    - It's allow flight! Default key for activate Gravitation engine is "V" (you can change it in options). Remember: if gravi engine is "ON", you no longer lose energy if you're not off the ground.
    - Contains all the features of quantum body armour.
    - Energy storage 60 000 000 EU with a maximum transfer rate of 100 000 EU/t
    - Tier 4 (so can charge and discharge only in an MFSU), good for using as portable storage.
    - Supplies energy for any electric tools in the player's inventory (such as drills, mining lasers, etc.).
    - Full charge will suffice for a long flight. Can boost by pressing "Boost key" (causing the сonsumption of energy to increase by 3 times, but also massively speeding up the engine).
    - Visual indication of activation mode and charge state! (See
    screenshot at spoiler. You can change visual indicator energy state
    placement in config file. Hud position is: 1 - topleft, 2 - topright, 3 -
    bottomleft, 4 - bottomright.)

Advanced Lappack
    Tech specification:
    - Energy storage 3 000 000 EU with a maximum transfer rate of 30 000 EU/t
    - Tier 3 (so can charge and discharge in both an MFE or an MFSU)
    - Visual indication of charge state.

Advanced Electric Jetpack
    Tech specification:
    - Overlocked engine - max height limit is now world height!
    - Supplies energy for any electric tools in the player's inventory (such as drills, mining lasers, etc.).
    - Can enable and disable the jetpack engine at your convenience ("Fly" key)
    - Boost mode (energy consumption x2 more for double the speed)
    - Visual indication of activation mode and charge state

Advanced NanoChestPlate
    Tech specification:
    - Contains all features of Nanosuit Body Armour.
    - Integrated Advanced Electric Jetpack (see specification above)

GraviTool
    Tech specification:
    - Energy storage 300 000 EU with a maximum transfer rate of 10 000 EU/t
    - Tier 2 (so can charge and discharge in a CESU, an MFE or an MFSU)
    - Universal tool, can function as a wrench, hoe, treetap, and screwdriver
    - Screwdriver works with all redstone devices, such as pistons, dispensers and repeaters!
    - you can change work mode by shift "right mouse button" and "Mode key"

Advanced Diamond Drill
    Tech specification:
    - 35% faster than diamond drill in normal mode
    - energy consumption 100% more than diamond drill
    - Have 4 working modes ("Normal mode", "Lower power" - speed same as original Diamond Drill, "Fine mode" - speed same as Drill, "Big holes" - destroy 3 * 3 * 1 area for quick mine. For enable this function shift in hand this item and press key "Mode" and Right Click mouse button.

Advanced Chainsaw
    Tech specification:
    - 35% faster than chainsaw
    - energy consumption 100% more than chainsaw
    - can eff operate with (wool, melon, pumpkin, cactus)

Vajra (ultimate tool)
    Tech specification:
    - Based the destruction of intermolecular bonds with the microwave magnetic field
    - Can break any block in game (exclude bedrock) with one hit (include in flight mode)
    - 30% better damage than nanosaber
    - have accurate mode - silk touch (right mouse button). For enable this function press key "Mode" and Right Click mouse button.
    - energy consumption 3333 eu per hit (work time with vajra + Ultimate Lappack equivalent diamond drill + lappack).

Design of Gravitation Suite:

Crafting recipe (you can disable some crafting recipes in config file):

You can change the visual indicator placement in config file. Also, you can completely disable it if you use others HUD addons! (Hud position is: 1 - topleft, 2 - topright, 3 - bottomleft, 4 - bottomright)

Sceenshots of visual indicator energy state:

Download Gravitation Suite for Minecraft 1.10.x and IndustrialCraft 2-2.6.99+ on Curse or here:

• Chocohead, if you try to use gravitool to any ic2 machine, disapear and dont give the machine, I try in simple and server with the same result.

• Official Post

Ah yeah, an optimisation upset them, fix incoming.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I thought this was creative flight as well? Any news on the front?

It never gave true creative flight, it was always just jetpack flight with boosting and slower falling. Now it's the same as it was, just there's no falling on hover mode, and boosting has much more of an effect.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Ah yeah, an optimisation upset them, fix incoming.

I remember it offering a creative like fly as well, but i never liked it. The way ic2 does jetpacks is much better. Anyway, can i request something?

1: Can you make an adv iridium version of the adv tools? With ic2 now having an iridium drill an adv diamond drill does not make that much sense.
    2: Maybe also allow to add the adv jetpack to a normal quantumsuit bodyarmor?
    I just prefer the flight style of it.

• Official Post

Can you make an adv iridium version of the adv tools? With ic2 now having an iridium drill an adv diamond drill does not make that much sense.

The iridium drill exists for the sake of having fortune and silk touch on a drill. The advanced diamond drill is more for specific utilities like mining even faster and digging 3x3 holes. Other tools don't really have either demand, nothing else really needs enchantments like the drill did.

Maybe also allow to add the adv jetpack to a normal quantumsuit bodyarmor?

It doesn't really need it, already having flight and a big enough capacity anyway. The Gravisuite chestplate after all only really upgrades the Quantumsuite having faster flight and a boost.

I see this too much.

• The iridium drill exists for the sake of having fortune and silk touch on a drill. The advanced diamond drill is more for specific utilities like mining even faster and digging 3x3 holes. Other tools don't really have either demand, nothing else really needs enchantments like the drill did.

Even on the adv drill it would be nice to have this functionality. Especially since it was fixed that ic2 tools and armor parts can not be enchanted via anvil. I can understand that some are not supported and would have no effect, but enchantments as Thrown, Soulbound, Soul Stealer and Magnetic would have.

It doesn't really need it, already having flight and a big enough capacity anyway. The Gravisuite chestplate after all only really upgrades the Quantumsuite having faster flight and a boost.

Right now the mod changes the recipe of the QuantumSuit Bodyarmor so that you need an adv jetpack. But when you craft the QuantumSuit you lose its speed and are at normal jetpack speeds again. I do not like the GraviChestPlate that much. As you cannot have a quantum solar helmet it takes so much energy that you cannot go on long journeys.

• Official Post

Right now the mod changes the recipe of the QuantumSuit Bodyarmor so that you need an adv jetpack. But when you craft the QuantumSuit you lose its speed and are at normal jetpack speeds again. I do not like the GraviChestPlate that much. As you cannot have a quantum solar helmet it takes so much energy that you cannot go on long journeys.

Upgrading to a QuantumSuit from an Advanced Jetpack is sacrificing speed for the protection that it brings. The GraviChestPlate has both protection and speed, hence it is an upgrade from the QuantumSuit.

Any ideas on how I could make this work? Could it be that the assets are named differently now?

Pretty much all the assets have renamed and a few have been moved into sub-folders too. Once everything is renamed it should all work though, as the textures themselves haven't changed.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Sounds good. I'm sure if you put it on the Sphax forums they'd happily accept it too ;)

I see this too much.

• Upgrading to a QuantumSuit from an Advanced Jetpack is sacrificing speed for the protection that it brings. The GraviChestPlate has both protection and speed, hence it is an upgrade from the QuantumSuit.

That might be an argument, but in vanilla ic2 it only requires a normal jetpack. Also i do not understand why the lappack functionality is lost as well.

I do not like the GraviSuit that much. In my eyes it only creates problems. It is so fast that it creates lots of chunk loading laggs when used. In my eyes the speed of the adv jetpack is just right.

I havent tested it. But is the nanosuit adv jetpack also slower? It might be a case of not only having two helmets, but also two armors: an nanosuit adv jetpack for flight and an gravitysuit for protection and lappack functionality.

But I do not expect that you will change you find in this regard. I guess I have to write my own ic2 addon. competition ftw.

• It never gave true creative flight, it was always just jetpack flight with boosting and slower falling. Now it's the same as it was, just there's no falling on hover mode, and boosting has much more of an effect.

I have a problem with the Chestplate. It only gives me the flight of an normal electric jetpack and even displays Jetpack on instead of Gravitation engine...

• Official Post

I have a problem with the Chestplate. It only gives me the flight of an normal electric jetpack and even displays Jetpack on instead of Gravitation engine...

It's not a problem because that's always how it worked. It's still not a normal jetpack though, the GraviChestPlate is much faster, can go up to world height and allows boosting.

I see this too much.

• Jeah but the Screen ( in the main post )says that in the top left corner schould be written : Gravitation engine on. But wgen I activate the Chestplate, there comes the text Jetpack... like if i activate a normal jetpack. And in the modpack ftb beyond i tested it there is no difference between the gravi suite and the advanced jetpack. Anf I have no hover mode option at all...

And the chestplate always worked somehow like an angel ring or is that information wrong?

• Official Post

Jeah but the Screen ( in the main post )says that in the top left corner schould be written : Gravitation engine on. But wgen I activate the Chestplate, there comes the text Jetpack... like if i activate a normal jetpack. And in the modpack ftb beyond i tested it there is no difference between the gravi suite and the advanced jetpack. Anf I have no hover mode option at all...

That's just left over from when it did, I must have missed that when I made the OP to match how things now work.

Hover mode is toggled on from jump + mode switch.

The advanced jetpack is much slower than the Gravichestplate, especially when boosting.

And the chestplate always worked somehow like an angel ring or is that information wrong?

It's never worked like that.

I see this too much.

• I've caused two server crashes in Resonant Rise 4 (Gravisuite 3.0.1) using the Advanced Drill in 3x3 mode. The specific behavior is that blocks with a very low durability (sometimes dirt, often Environmental Tech's Alabaster) will disappear instantly and not drop a block. The server has the block as still there, as you take damage walking through it. Placing another block back sometimes reveals the block, but then mining the revealed block can cause a crash.

Attached are two crash reports.