HELP: Getting copper ingots not copper

• Ok so I started a fresh new world and I put some copper ore into a stone furnace and got copper ingots. I can't make copper wire with these. What am I doing wrong? The only thing different this time is I upgraded to v1.15 I have buildcraft 2.2.0 and the redstone mod for 1.8.1. Is there a conflict between any of these mods?

I'm not an engineer but damn you make me want to be with this mod!

• I know all of this my problem is I can't make copper bars, I can only make copper ingots which can't make copper wire. I was actually trying to make the macerator but i can't make the copper wire due to having only copper ingots.

Ok I figured it out since I installed redstone power mod I have 2 copper ores and I was smelting the wrong one. Thanks for attempting to help, but it seems it wasn't anything to do with IC2 at all.

I'm not an engineer but damn you make me want to be with this mod!

• I know all of this my problem is I can't make copper bars, I can only make copper ingots which can't make copper wire. I was actually trying to make the macerator but i can't make the copper wire due to having only copper ingots.

Ok I figured it out since I installed redstone power mod I have 2 copper ores and I was smelting the wrong one. Thanks for attempting to help, but it seems it wasn't anything to do with IC2 at all.

Things like this make me cry inside. I would be ever so happy if Forge modders could tag certain items as duplicates of other mod's stuff, so people could have Eloraam or IC2 standalone, or have the two together not have duplicate items. (sigh)

I know just enough to get me into trouble, and not nearly enough to get me back out again.

• [edit]
    I'd like to direct you to eloraam's blog (#Here#)

According to her recent post on FAQs from the pre-release of redpower, this is a known issue and will be finished in the full release. For now, just keep in mind that redpower as a pre-release will not be very friendly with IC2

• Apparently it should be a pretty quick fix for this in particular, since this should be handled by forge's ore dictionary. I'm not sure of the specifics.