[Addon V1.36] Dynamo -> [BTW v3.0] [IC² v1.23]

• Good job on the add on, I signed up on this site because of the awesomeness of IC2 and this add on, however I would love a similar mechanism to convert buildcraft power to IC2 power.

Hope you will consider the suggestion.

Thanks.

• just a small qualm...2 eu is below low voltage, i think it's a better idea to have them output around say 10 eu perhaps 20 :Generator:

• just a small qualm...2 eu is below low voltage, i think it's a better idea to have them output around say 10 eu perhaps 20 :Generator:

You forget that you can split the Axles. And also, you can use tin cable with these guys, so you get 1 EU loss after 40 blocks. So your 40th block is a batbox.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Are you crazy? 2 EU is already great, compared to say, solar panels who put out effectively 0.5 EU if you take into consideration that they don't work half of the time.

• I get a error on startup after installing this mod, I've tried reinstalling everything, but so far nothing has worked.

</init></init>

• I found that if you download the .zip version (attachment - not link) then Minecraft will produce an error saying that block id ### (doesn't matter what ID it is) is occupied by null. The .rar from the link works fine however.

• Did you make sure you had all the correct versions for Better than Wolves and IC²? Were they working properly before you installed the addon?

It would seem that installtion throught the '.minecraft/mods' folder wil not work, only direct injection into the minecraft.jar

Its weird.

• If you do make a BC (MineCraftJoule) to EU/t converter you should follow the coal power conversion
    coal = 4000 EU in a generator
    coal = 80 seconds of Steam engine time steam engines produce 10 MJ per cycle (one pump motion)
    and each cycle is < 1 second so you have to calcualte from here depending on the exact code but thats my suggestion

• I found that if you download the .zip version (attachment - not link) then Minecraft will produce an error saying that block id ### (doesn't matter what ID it is) is occupied by null. The .rar from the link works fine however.

The attachment was outdated. I was having problems deleting it, but I was able to remove it now.

• I really want to get this add on, but I had some trouble getting BTW to work with IC2. I read the readme, but you just said change block ids. I did that starting from changing blocks that conflicted with BTW blocks from 255 and down, but I ran out of ids to use.

I guess my question is: Can BTW and IC2 be used together properly? If so, anyone want to recommend what I should change block ids to?

Much appreciated,

Slash

• That very much depends on what mods you are using together. But yes, there should be more then enough IDs available even if you use BTW, red power, IC² and buildcraft together.

If you are just using IC² and BTW together, what I usually do is alter the "BTWConfig.txt" file (check BTW instructions on how to use and change that) and change the block ids (NOT ITEM ID's) decreasing 100 from each. So just replace 221 with 121, 222 with 122 and so on. That should be enough. If you are using other mods I really can't help you, you have some maneuvering to do. But you can also use the mod "ID Resolver" that pretty much does that for you automatically.

Or you could check out this thread on BTW forums that explains in detail how to install all these mods together.

http://www.sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1296

Please note that I haven't had time to update Dynamo to BTW 1.98. But if I had to guess I'd say it would work as is, but I haven't tried it, so no guarantees.

• Mind making a BC to IC2 energy converter that works both ways? OR, a BC engine that uses EU, and an IC2 Generator that uses PIPED ENERGY. Not regular energy, but PIPED. That way, redstone engines will not work to power them.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

• Try ShaRose's ID Resolver! It's a real life-saver. There's a version for Forge compatibility.

EDIT: Dynamo seems to work with BTW v2.98. I didn't do any extensive testing, but I started charging a RE-Battery, and the Dynamo was powering an electric furnace nicely.

• Try ShaRose's ID Resolver! It's a real life-saver. There's a version for Forge compatibility.

EDIT: Dynamo seems to work with BTW v2.98. I didn't do any extensive testing, but I started charging a RE-Battery, and the Dynamo was powering an electric furnace nicely.

I don't use ID Resolver. I used it for a week. It corrupts chunks like crazy if you have AdditionalPipes. When a teleport pipe gets an ID change, the chunk gets reloaded.

I don't use ID Resolver. I used it for a week. It corrupts chunks like crazy if you have AdditionalPipes. When a teleport pipe gets an ID change, the chunk gets reloaded.

Are these errors where you have mods that use a .properties file? You have to wipe the old settings with them... otherwise, they end using the 'assigned' block numbers, and you get really weird results in return... (Like Alchemical Cauldron Forcefields.. XD)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.